Old 12-26-2017, 02:06 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5.1
Courses Played: 19
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 570 Times in 329 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grippenripp View Post
I've been beginning to think that this is the case, I really like the feel of the wizard, my girlfriend has a wizard and it's a triple s, it's still pretty rigid, I'm thinking an SS would be my ideal feel so I'm thinking head to my pro shop and grab a wizard and a dagger and throw them around, whichever I don't like I give away and stock up on the other mold. Thanks all for your help truly appreciate it.
Several member of this forum switched from Wizards to Ions. I would also feel up the Ion to see if it fits your hand.

I like slim line putters, so I use none of the above, but many swear by the Ion.
Old 12-26-2017, 02:08 PM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 17
Niced 243 Times in 149 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfmandragon View Post
Several member of this forum switched from Wizards to Ions. I would also feel up the Ion to see if it fits your hand.

I like slim line putters, so I use none of the above, but many swear by the Ion.
The two discs are VERY close. The plastic of the Ion, and the inner rim.. that's really what I don't like. Worth trying, if you like the shape.. those are almost identical
Old 12-26-2017, 02:24 PM
* Ace Member *

Niced 1,849 Times in 1,229 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grippenripp View Post
I've been beginning to think that this is the case, I really like the feel of the wizard, my girlfriend has a wizard and it's a triple s, it's still pretty rigid, I'm thinking an SS would be my ideal feel so I'm thinking head to my pro shop and grab a wizard and a dagger and throw them around, whichever I don't like I give away and stock up on the other mold. Thanks all for your help truly appreciate it.
I don't remember the source of this info, but from what I understand the plastic blend between S/SS/SSS is slightly different, then within each of these plastics there is a gradient of different stiffness variability. So that's why sometimes SSS can be stiffer than SS, etc. But the texture/blend should be somewhat consistent between those namings. So my point is, feel up all the Wizards and don't pay much attention to the word on it. I also really like how the Trilogy base plastics feel for putters so you'll find Daggers that feel great, I'm sure.

As for the Ion advice above, I love the Ion and Anode. I think they fly just like a fresh Wizard and a worn to straight Wizard. But I 100% understand why someone wouldn't want to putt with that plastic, especially when the discs are new. As well the inner rim feels different in a power grip. But if you want a throwing Wizard and are ok with premium plastic, those discs are incredible. I know it's not what you're asking about here, just thought I'd add my opinion on those since I've been throwing the Anode for years.

Niced: (1)
Old 12-26-2017, 03:07 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5.1
Courses Played: 19
Niced 570 Times in 329 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowplastic View Post
I don't remember the source of this info, but from what I understand the plastic blend between S/SS/SSS is slightly different, then within each of these plastics there is a gradient of different stiffness variability. So that's why sometimes SSS can be stiffer than SS, etc. But the texture/blend should be somewhat consistent between those namings. So my point is, feel up all the Wizards and don't pay much attention to the word on it. I also really like how the Trilogy base plastics feel for putters so you'll find Daggers that feel great, I'm sure.

As for the Ion advice above, I love the Ion and Anode. I think they fly just like a fresh Wizard and a worn to straight Wizard. But I 100% understand why someone wouldn't want to putt with that plastic, especially when the discs are new. As well the inner rim feels different in a power grip. But if you want a throwing Wizard and are ok with premium plastic, those discs are incredible. I know it's not what you're asking about here, just thought I'd add my opinion on those since I've been throwing the Anode for years.

The ion comes in baseline now.

http://communitydiscs.com/mvp-ion-electron-soft/

Feels a lot like the Eraser plastic from Gateway
Old 12-26-2017, 04:02 PM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 9
Niced 673 Times in 486 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowplastic View Post

Thanks for the input. For now I have a cryztal Challenger I really like throwing and a soft x Challenger that's a little more flippy. I'm going to start experimenting with all trilogy plastic just bc I really like what they're doing for the sport and I have friends that swear by trilogy and I like what I've thrown so far. Guess it's time to go and get my paws on some pooters and see what I find.
Old 12-26-2017, 04:22 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 11.9
Courses Played: 103
Niced 157 Times in 75 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasOrion View Post
The one thing to remember, there is NO magic putter.
Yes there is, Gateway makes it.

Old 12-26-2017, 04:50 PM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 18
Niced 422 Times in 325 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocthecourse View Post
Yes there is, Gateway makes it.

hahaha DERP! Perfect, and Its a good one too!

Old 12-26-2017, 05:28 PM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 9
Niced 673 Times in 486 Posts

The only other question I really have is: can anyone tell me the difference in fade between the Dagger and the Challenger ?? It's kind of hard never having had a dagger in my hand yet and I'm liking the Challenger but in those longer putts I think I'd like a slightly (seriously, slightly) more neutral flight. Just as a putter I find it hard to pinpoint that adjustment in a 25'r and a 30'r.