Go Back   Disc Golf Course Review > Equipment > Discs

View Poll Results: Are you brand loyal?
I'm brand loyal. I just throw X and here's why: 26 13.83%
I basically just have one brand in my bag, because it's what's available. 3 1.60%
I primarily throw X, but I have bag spots with other brands. 79 42.02%
No way I'm brand loyal! I find what works. 76 40.43%
Wait... these plastic things are made by different companies? 4 2.13%
Voters: 188. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-01-2018, 06:28 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 4.5
Courses Played: 3
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 98 Times in 56 Posts

I would like to support Dynamic Discs because of the way they support the game and the pros that they sponsor. However, Latitude 64 makes the molds and plastic that works best for me on the fairway and I use Innova, MVP, and Kastaplast for putt and approach. So, I guess I use what works for me.
Sponsored Links
Old 12-01-2018, 06:47 PM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 9
Niced 673 Times in 486 Posts

Millennium, Innova, Discmania, Gateway. Discmania is quickly winning me over but I swear it's not intentional and I will always be a with Wizards. No brand loyalty to speak of.
Old 12-01-2018, 06:49 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 10.4
Courses Played: 53
Niced 61 Times in 29 Posts

When I started it was all DC and Innova, bc those were the only two brands. My bag is now mostly Innova, DD and DC. Always some other brands floating in and out of spots. Im loyal to certain tried and true discs, like Wizard, Zone, Teebirds, buzzz etc...but never one company.
Old 12-01-2018, 06:52 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5.5
Courses Played: 22
Niced 1,201 Times in 572 Posts

My bag is mostly Innova and it's sister companies with some Discraft, Gateway and other guest apperances.

McBeth switching to Discraft is not going to get me to buy any more Discraft (unless they come out with some new molds or better base plastic).

There isn't an Innova mold in my bag that Paul threw anyway, so I doubt there will be a Discraft mold I just have to have. Always open to trying out something new if it fits my style though, doesn't really matter much the company. . . .

Except...

I will not buy DD stuff. The whole vibe of the company gives me the creeps and I'm sick of DD fanboys.

Old 12-01-2018, 07:00 PM
Eagle Member

Niced 574 Times in 285 Posts

Yes, I am brand loyal. But, I feel far more brand loyalty to the retailers that I buy from than I do to any brand(s) of discs.

I want to know that I will get the discs that I order in a timely fashion, without dealing with a bunch of unnecessary bull. So, for instance, I no longer order directly from Gateway. If I want a Wizard, I'll let Infinite Discs or Marshall St put up with that crap for me, and work with them.

Last edited by swhite; 12-01-2018 at 07:02 PM. Reason: clarification
Old 12-01-2018, 07:00 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 18.7
Courses Played: 24
Niced 45 Times in 31 Posts

I'm primarily discmania but also throw innova and discraft.
Old 12-01-2018, 07:38 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 13.4
Courses Played: 88
Niced 643 Times in 332 Posts

I like Discraft/DGA, so that's what I throw. I prefer their z plastic over champ, and the new ESP and Ti are pretty awesome.

Keeping to one primary manufacturer keeps me from buying and trying every disc that comes out. I know what discs I like and what fits into my game. Building around my 3 favorite discs is pretty easy (challenger, comet, predator)
Old 12-01-2018, 08:02 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 1.3
Courses Played: 17
Niced 144 Times in 92 Posts

As someone with only a little over a year of experience, I don't have the luxury of bagging 7 different Teebirds in various states of wear. My oldest discs are only a year old. For that reason, I was drawn toward brands that had a complementary lineup for each of the different speeds. For example, I throw Dynamic fairways because the Escape was a disc I clicked with easily, and the Getaway and Felon complement it well. Also, the fact that Trilogy plastic beats in easily is a positive for a relatively new player, since I can see a disc's lifecycle much more quickly than I would with Innova or Discraft. So with that mentality, my brand loyalties are:

Fairways - Dynamic
Mids - Dynamic
hyzerflip discs (Tursas, Hatchet, King) - Westside
Control drivers - Axiom/MVP

My putters and distance drivers are a bit of a hodgepodge with no real loyalty.
Old 12-01-2018, 08:09 PM
* Ace Member *

Niced 1,849 Times in 1,229 Posts

I'll more just avoid certain companies or molds if I think they are hard to find or have consistency issues. I'd rather throw something that is relatively normal rather than have to track down special discs, or even not have much hope of them being in the store so I can flip through them before buying the one I like. There are some discs that would make me reconsider, but I currently don't bag any of those.

I throw so many brands, doesn't matter to me. But I use their typical characteristics to my advantage depending on the slot. Gyro goes real straight and doesn't fade til late? Love their putters for driving. Trilogy stuff has easy glide? Love their stuff for tunnels or easy distance drivers when you don't need wind resistance. Want indestructible OS discs that stay that way? Use Champ/Z/ESP. Want something that seasons consistently for a long life? Star in tried and true stable-OS molds.

Old 12-01-2018, 08:30 PM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 161
Niced 1,149 Times in 701 Posts

if youre not sponsored there is no reason to be brand loyal

buncha sheep....