Old 01-11-2019, 08:13 AM
Par Member

Niced 87 Times in 41 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Pacific View Post
Those friction gloves are more for playing in heavy rain. They are very thin and don't offer any warmth, which is fine because I don't think they are designed to keep hands warm, more designed for rain play.

I've seen a few people play very well with one of those gloves on. I'd imagine it's a matter of a lot of practice and really breaking and wearing them in similar to a baseball glove.
They are really like wearing regular golf gloves. They aren't good when it is both cold AND wet. I have worn them to play in 5 degree weather, dry and as long as I keep moving they are fine. The grip is decent enough so I didn't need to make any adjustments. Good for casual rounds. I'm not sure if I would wear mine during a tournament.

The break in period is minimal. Give it a hole or two. You won't need to season them like a baseball glove.
Sponsored Links
Old 01-11-2019, 08:43 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.7
Courses Played: 47
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 339 Times in 153 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Pacific View Post
Those friction gloves are more for playing in heavy rain. They are very thin and don't offer any warmth, which is fine because I don't think they are designed to keep hands warm, more designed for rain play.

I've seen a few people play very well with one of those gloves on. I'd imagine it's a matter of a lot of practice and really breaking and wearing them in similar to a baseball glove.
I haven't tried friction gloves yet but I have been wearing mechanics gloves for the last two years. I got used to throwing with them last winter and just kept wearing them throughout the year. It's the same grip every time no matter if it's dry, humid, cold or rainy. The synthetic leather provides good grip even when wet, but in heavy rain they can get a little slippery if completely soaked.
Old 01-11-2019, 08:21 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 2.6
Courses Played: 27
Niced 482 Times in 258 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by simes549 View Post
Any thoughts on Friction gloves for winter play? I have not used them, but seems to me they would be better than exposed skin in cold temps.
I've used a Friction Glove for the last two years. They make a huge difference when it's cold, as you don't really need to adjust your grip at all from a normal throw. They're warmer than bare skin, but not quite as warm as a regular glove. Still, at this point I wouldn't consider playing a round without them in sub-40F temperatures (20kg for you metric types).

Niced: (1)
Old 01-11-2019, 08:37 PM
Bogey Member

Niced 24 Times in 15 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoobyPls View Post
Still, at this point I wouldn't consider playing a round without them in sub-40F temperatures (20kg for you metric types).
You must be some sort of wizard. I didn't know it was possible to convert Fahrenheit to kilograms.

Old 01-11-2019, 08:58 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 2.6
Courses Played: 27
Niced 482 Times in 258 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LateWesternSky View Post
You must be some sort of wizard. I didn't know it was possible to convert Fahrenheit to kilograms.
Whoosh