Old 08-02-2012, 06:00 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 6.4
Courses Played: 80
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

If you don't hit Sakuna on September 2nd, definitely hit Jellystone. Plus, Jelly is immediately off the I-25 exit in Larkspur, so if you are pinced for time it is probably a quicker round. Have a great trip; sounds like fun!
Sponsored Links
Old 08-02-2012, 06:01 PM
Par Member

Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Pinched, not pinced. A terrible mistake for an English major to make.
Old 08-02-2012, 10:45 PM

Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mndiscg View Post
What hike are you doing near Estes? I hiked from the Glacial Lake trailhead up past Black Lake and back this past weekend. Also played YMCA and Heritage in FoCo on the same weekend.
Very close to your hike! Planning on hiking from Bear Lake up to Emerald Lake and Lake Haiyaha, then up to the Loch, maybe Sky Pond beyond if my wife and father aren't dead. They probably will be. We'll be climbing Mt. Elbert on Labor Day and playing countless golf and disc golf courses. Then hiking back via Alberta Falls. What would you say 10-12 mile hike? How was it going to Black Lake?
Old 08-03-2012, 04:15 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 17.5
Courses Played: 28
Niced 1 Time in 1 Post

Paulie here, a little info on the MMDGP - The Mountain Meadows (Magic Meadows) course is our intermediate DG course, with the best baskets on the market = Disc-In baskets. It is "shorter" with tons of FUN factor, avrg hole length 260ish with 4 or 5 holes that are bombers for 89% of all DG'ers. You play in and out of cave formations, on top of rock out-cropings, with views of the C-devide. We have a driving range, 9 hole pitch and putt course, pro-shop, clubhouse, "the lounge", snack bar and lunch menue. We are working on the beginner course NOW (mellow meadows), and hope to have the advanced course in next year (Mammoth Meadows). We give DG classes, and clinics also. Regards - Paulie
Old 08-06-2012, 12:41 PM

Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulrothley@msn.com View Post
Paulie here, a little info on the MMDGP - The Mountain Meadows (Magic Meadows) course is our intermediate DG course, with the best baskets on the market = Disc-In baskets. It is "shorter" with tons of FUN factor, avrg hole length 260ish with 4 or 5 holes that are bombers for 89% of all DG'ers. You play in and out of cave formations, on top of rock out-cropings, with views of the C-devide. We have a driving range, 9 hole pitch and putt course, pro-shop, clubhouse, "the lounge", snack bar and lunch menue. We are working on the beginner course NOW (mellow meadows), and hope to have the advanced course in next year (Mammoth Meadows). We give DG classes, and clinics also. Regards - Paulie
That is awesome Paulie. I will call you about scheduling something for Sat, Sept 8th. Sounds like I may be able to meet some friends there. Maybe a morning round at MM and afternoon at Bailey?
Old 08-08-2012, 12:53 AM
Par Member

Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schoenhofer View Post
Very close to your hike! Planning on hiking from Bear Lake up to Emerald Lake and Lake Haiyaha, then up to the Loch, maybe Sky Pond beyond if my wife and father aren't dead. They probably will be. We'll be climbing Mt. Elbert on Labor Day and playing countless golf and disc golf courses. Then hiking back via Alberta Falls. What would you say 10-12 mile hike? How was it going to Black Lake?
I'm not sure how experienced you are with 14'ers, but it wouldn't be out of the question to have very cold and windy conditions at the peak of Mt. Elbert. Please be prepared and start early to avoid afternoon lightning storms and have raingear in your day pack. Have a great trip! I'm getting close to finishing the 480 mile Colorado Trail via backpack, and will be doing a 110 mile, 9 day hike during your trip.

Old 08-08-2012, 01:00 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 7.8
Courses Played: 64
Throwing Style: RHFH
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Sakuna is open, and unless something comes up, I think I'm free to show you around if you want. If you want to do early morning there and then hit Jellystone on the way up to Denver let me know.