Old 04-13-2019, 11:55 PM
Shun the frumious Bandersnatch!

Years Playing: 16.4
Courses Played: 25
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 756 Times in 647 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD86 View Post
I was thinking along similar lines, but I was thinking they are making only stuff their pros want and what more advanced players will throw, while forgetting about the casual/amaeteur player and leaving us in the dust.

Not only is your statement about Gold Line spot on, but trying to get a Classic Marshal that is NOT a Burst and therefore $3 per disc more is getting more and more difficult. And now with these OOP selections, my business Trilogy is losing.
That is the same problem that Discraft is having, thanks Paul 1 and Paul 2 being on Discraft along with Nate Doss to make the case for OS discs more then anything as they can use discs that are more OS. Only US discs left will be the ones these three use and the ones that MJ uses like the Comet, outside of some putters. I am afraid the Magent and Titanic molds will go oop soon even though a ton of players use the Magnet and is even in the beginner set, though only the soft Magnet. That did not stop the XL from going opp in the Z plastic and being only sold in the beginner set that Discraft sells in Pro D.

Sorry for thread drift but I know what you are going through having a definitely more popular or used disc by players, the Stalker go oop and then the Machete and/or Flick not sure which or if both despite being popular.
Sponsored Links

Niced: (1)
Old 04-14-2019, 12:27 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 29.6
Courses Played: 67
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 1,526 Times in 506 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mocheez View Post
I am surprised it is still in production. There were rumors of the Core going OOP 4 years ago when the Claymore came out.
Yeah. My understanding was the Core wasn't quite what Lat64 wanted it to be so they came out with the Claymore. They did a run with a molecular stamp (or whatever it was) and that was supposed to be the final run. Honestly surprised it's still being made. Unless they are still selling existing stock and stopped production awhile ago.
Old 04-14-2019, 01:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey 1988 View Post
That is the same problem that Discraft is having, thanks Paul 1 and Paul 2 being on Discraft along with Nate Doss to make the case for OS discs more then anything as they can use discs that are more OS. Only US discs left will be the ones these three use and the ones that MJ uses like the Comet, outside of some putters. I am afraid the Magent and Titanic molds will go oop soon even though a ton of players use the Magnet and is even in the beginner set, though only the soft Magnet. That did not stop the XL from going opp in the Z plastic and being only sold in the beginner set that Discraft sells in Pro D.

Sorry for thread drift but I know what you are going through having a definitely more popular or used disc by players, the Stalker go oop and then the Machete and/or Flick not sure which or if both despite being popular.
I never use the Machete or Flick but I know people who do like a cousin.
Old 04-14-2019, 03:01 AM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 9
Niced 102 Times in 79 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMantle View Post
You must have poor form.
Ouch. That’s such a good comeback. You must be employed by some card company for coming up with witty jabs. I mean, I think I might actually be bleeding here that was so on point.
Old 04-14-2019, 03:03 AM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 9
Niced 102 Times in 79 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hampstead View Post
Yeah. My understanding was the Core wasn't quite what Lat64 wanted it to be so they came out with the Claymore. They did a run with a molecular stamp (or whatever it was) and that was supposed to be the final run. Honestly surprised it's still being made. Unless they are still selling existing stock and stopped production awhile ago.
This makes sense. Probably similar to what Discraft is doing with the Surge. Some talk of this Ledgestone rune being the final run of it.

Niced: (1)
Old 04-14-2019, 07:32 AM
Eagle Member

Niced 821 Times in 393 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey 1988 View Post
I never use the Machete or Flick but I know people who do like a cousin.

Yep, you are on point there. I have never used either mold, but I also have a few cousins that I think are okay people.

Last edited by swhite; 04-14-2019 at 07:34 AM. Reason: smilie face in case, just in case
Old 04-14-2019, 09:35 PM
Birdie Member

Niced 77 Times in 60 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hampstead View Post
I’ve never thrown a claymore. How do they compare?
Old 04-14-2019, 11:25 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 7.5
Courses Played: 60
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 257 Times in 167 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yxebrew View Post
I’ve never thrown a claymore. How do they compare?
They are pretty similar in flight and feel. Core may be just a tad deeper. Very Buzzz-like, both of them.
Old 04-14-2019, 11:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by swhite View Post
Yep, you are on point there. I have never used either mold, but I also have a few cousins that I think are okay people.
Yeah he has used discs like those being that 90% of his bag is Discraft, he liked the Star and Pro Destroyer as why get the disc that is Discraft or other brands close to a Destroyer disc when a Destroyer exists and has a Arrow From Aerobie for wind and close to edge cliff putts from up top, with a Arrow Cousin will putt more straight at basket with a spin putt. He liked the Flick and Machete where as I found a replacement for the XL that flies better off the rack called a Stalker and thanks to Discraft and some of Paul McBeth's discs making the mold oop. I fear other then specific discs pros used from Discraft, they are making disc for the top pros and not the everday player that much and good molds will have to be sacrificed, the same way Latitude 64 and Dynamic Discs are doing.

Old 04-14-2019, 11:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydex View Post
This makes sense. Probably similar to what Discraft is doing with the Surge. Some talk of this Ledgestone rune being the final run of it.
That disc was not what it once was, the mold used to be not as OS but in the late 2000's the Surge became less gliding then the mold once was similar to what happened to the Avenger original mold. I think the newer plastic all the plastic those discs were run in after the Elite Z and X era made those molds fly odd needing a ton of power to get glide on the mold.