Old 07-29-2019, 12:52 PM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 20
Niced 590 Times in 432 Posts
Default Best MACRO basket - for Mini Buzzz size

There are a bunch of baskets out - they have made MINI baskets but those are a little too small. I have seen some 'medium' sized baskets called MACRO (I think MVP has the MACRO) that are the perfect size for the Mini Buzzz and the other 'mini discs' --not mini mini like the markers (you know what I mean I hope)

Just curious which is the best for use of these 'mid-sized' discs?

My nephew and I (with the rest of our fam were at the lake/cabin/park area this weekend and I brought a mini Tesla and a few mini buzzes - he had the cheapo plastic Whamo mini basket that I got him for a gift a few years ago. We set up a hole playing around the hills and trees n lake with the mini bzzz - they flew great and the game was a LOT of fun, and easy to set up a Safari course while not being dangerous as a full sized disc and not needing as much space - Honestly I preferred it to playing a real round since we could just do it around the area and not be a major problem for other people. So looking to get a nice mid-sized (macro/mini) basket for that kinda play. Should be fun , so far looking at the MVP Macro.
Sponsored Links
Old 07-29-2019, 12:59 PM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 32
Niced 603 Times in 319 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasOrion View Post
I have seen some 'medium' sized baskets called MACRO (I think MVP has the MACRO) that are the perfect size for the Mini Buzzz and the other 'mini discs'.
The answer lies within.
Old 07-29-2019, 01:29 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by lines View Post
The answer lies within.
So far I've found the MVP Macro and the DD Junior Recruit. Similar specs but the MVP basket is a few inches taller I think. Just wanted to know what are ALL the options - and which is the best based on reviews/experience.
Old 07-29-2019, 02:13 PM
* Ace Member *

So now questin on those DISCS themselves. I see Discraft has a decent lineup of them already, Crank, Undertaker, Buzzz, Comet, Zone, Challenger - which honestly is all you would EVER need - maybe a more US one would help - maybe the comet would work well? Then DD has a Judge and Truth - Gateway has a Wizard, and MVP has the Telsa - - - I have personally used the Buzzes in ESP, Big Z, and Z - all fly about the same and all are really quality and pretty much can be used for everything, they fly plenty far, are stable enough for power but can be thrown on anhyzers. The Tesla is pretty sweet, its faster than the buzzz and has a similar fade but a little stronger - so now I used the Buzz primarily and the Tesla as a powered down OS disc or powered up for bigger drives. I don't think I'd want or need more than a couple though for the purpose of mini-disc golf. Wondering most about the Putters...if they are much better at low speed than the buzzz? Is the Zone really OS? and the Undertaker...how does that fly? I want to get some of these to play with family/kids and we had so much fun I thought it would be cool to snag some good Mini/Macro discs and get an actual decent metal basket - so far looking like the MVP Macro basket is probably the best (Other than the Basket/bucket part being a little shallow) - Thoughts?
Old 07-29-2019, 03:37 PM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 32
Niced 603 Times in 319 Posts

The buzz flies straight and far (250ish)
The judge is stupid US. It's okay for putting.
The nuke bombs. I can get it around 300.
The wizard is a touch bigger than the others but flies nice. Should be fine for the mvp basket.
I heard the tesla is cool.
That's my limited mini knowledge.
They are fun.

Niced: (1)
Old 07-29-2019, 04:37 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by lines View Post
The buzz flies straight and far (250ish)
The judge is stupid US. It's okay for putting.
The nuke bombs. I can get it around 300.
The wizard is a touch bigger than the others but flies nice. Should be fine for the mvp basket.
I heard the tesla is cool.
That's my limited mini knowledge.
They are fun.
yeah the Tesla is actually nice, it has a tiny flex but overall its pretty overstable, I gave it a good snap and it zipped WAY past where I was aiming. I honestly think just the Buzzz and then the challenger (for shorter) would be more than enough. Its just a yard game and with fam and kids....but I want to CRUSH THEM muahahahahahaha, walking out with a FULL disc bag of mini discs----20 of them, several pairs in different beats, taunting my 10 yr old nephew muahahaha . But yeah Im sure the Nuke would crush but I think it may be unnecessary .

Old 07-29-2019, 06:56 PM
Salient Disc Test Team

Years Playing: 14.7
Courses Played: 214
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 1,411 Times in 727 Posts

The Undertaker...it's nice and flexy. I can't throw the regular one well at all, but the Mini goes stupid far. Start it on hyzer, and it'll flip to flat and hold a long time before fading back. It's kind of the Eagle/OLF to the Macro Tesla's TB/PD if that makes sense. Might make a nice tailwind driver for you.

And the Nuke is what I throw the most in the yard. I can throw it from patio to shed (225-250') on a flex line when I hit it right. It's ridiculous they fly that far.

Of course this is my experience with throwing one of each several times...