Old 03-19-2019, 09:02 PM
Shun the frumious Bandersnatch!

Years Playing: 16.4
Courses Played: 25
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 758 Times in 649 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by joecoin View Post
Wish somebody would start mass producing something like that for a practice basket. even harder for putts then the slim baskets.
Sponsored Links
Old 03-19-2019, 09:13 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 10.5
Courses Played: 31
Niced 1,025 Times in 570 Posts

^^^ Full sized baskets are the best for practice. The putts that are slightly off will end up in the bottom of the basket and not past the basket on the ground. You can still aim small. It's easy to tell when you aren't hitting dead center, unless you have horrendous vision, and you won't spend as much energy and time picking up discs off the ground.

The only thing bullseye style baskets do, is decrease the amount of practice putts/increase the time of a practice session.

Niced: (2)
Old 03-19-2019, 09:33 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 34.5
Courses Played: 256
Niced 101 Times in 62 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by joecoin View Post

I recognize the guy in the photo...

Anyone know who that is?
Old 03-19-2019, 10:29 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 12.7
Courses Played: 107
Niced 353 Times in 166 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by F. Howl View Post
^^^ Full sized baskets are the best for practice. The putts that are slightly off will end up in the bottom of the basket and not past the basket on the ground. You can still aim small. It's easy to tell when you aren't hitting dead center, unless you have horrendous vision, and you won't spend as much energy and time picking up discs off the ground.

The only thing bullseye style baskets do, is decrease the amount of practice putts/increase the time of a practice session.
Very interesting!
Old 03-19-2019, 11:06 PM

Quote:

The cone basket is full sized to a Chain basket, just harder to make putts on. It would help me so I know on a Full sized basket where to putt for easy most forgiving putts.
Old 09-27-2019, 05:00 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 10.4
Courses Played: 31
Niced 313 Times in 161 Posts

Has anybody seen these on a course yet? Or maybe a practice spot?

An additional thought about the angled top - With this design, hyzers coming in from deep won't get completely brutalized by the top band. I've had plenty of base plastic discs chunked up by that sharp edge after what would have been a very nice shot.

Niced: (1)
Old 09-27-2019, 05:28 PM
Salient Disc Test Team

Years Playing: 14.7
Courses Played: 214
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 1,411 Times in 727 Posts

Quote:

Agreed about the full size baskets. I know whether a putt is good or not. Where it comes to rest in practice is the least of my concerns compared to hitting the heart of the chains. And I don't break my back picking a bunch of putters off the ground scattered around the basket.
Old 09-27-2019, 05:40 PM

Quote:

Also easy on some of the Full sized precision baskets to make putts that would never make it on a standard basket as the top band is much smaller so some float putts would not work on a regular basket.

The Exception being the full build baskets made smaller like the Innova Skill Shot and countless knock off lower end baskets. Even DGA had a basket like this but they stopped production of that basket for the Mach Shift.

Last edited by Casey 1988; 09-27-2019 at 05:43 PM.
Old 09-27-2019, 10:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Albatross View Post
Has anybody seen these on a course yet? Or maybe a practice spot?

An additional thought about the angled top - With this design, hyzers coming in from deep won't get completely brutalized by the top band. I've had plenty of base plastic discs chunked up by that sharp edge after what would have been a very nice shot.
I agree, most brands models of basket with the top band can cut up the disc, as the bands they are not smoothed out in the top and bottom of band just cut flat without any jagged edges. You also have the other style that the Mach III, Innova Discatcher Sport 18/24 chains, and the Lighting DB-5 have with the top and the chains where a disc can still take more damage then the Mach V, Mach X style.

Old 09-28-2019, 10:51 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 14.2
Courses Played: 91
Niced 1,110 Times in 562 Posts

so, to add something about how the actual chains catch:

they are better than any standard config basket I've putted on. Only MachX is better for center chain putts. Mach7 probably better for just off center putts.

Honestly only bad putters complain about the band or getting ramped off the top of a basket.