Old 08-23-2013, 01:29 AM
Par Member

Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Tweaked my back a bit

I tweaked my bag a bit and improved my arm I usually throw around 350' a noob but semi decent I would say

Dx destroyer
Star mamba
Avenger

Dx gazelle
Dx leopard

Star mako
Star sidewinder

Dx polecat
Classic aviar

Any tips?
Sponsored Links

Old 08-23-2013, 02:45 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 9.5
Courses Played: 20
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 16 Times in 12 Posts

Title say's 'tweaked my back'. I was going to come in and commiserate. Mine is healed now, but the early part of the year had it's ups and downs.

There are so many considerations when retooling your bag. Course variables aside, if you're just building a bag of tools to cover a lot of facets of play, the first thing I see in yours is only 1 mid and 6 drivers. I carry 15 discs and have 1 overstable disc in each catagory other than DD (putter, mid, fairway driver). They come in very handy on windy days or for shaping specific lines. 350' is good D', I'm not much more myself on flat ground and I do almost all my tee work with fairway and mid drivers. Occasionally a situation will call for DD or putter drives, so you might consider filling out the core of the bag and reducing some overlap between the Mamba, Sidewinder and Leopard. The Leopard is a versatile mold, I'd keep that and (assuming you can't bag more discs) consider a turning and OS mid to compliment your Mako.

Especially when new, throwing discs within your power/skill level will teach you more about different shots.