#1  
Old 09-02-2013, 10:24 AM
Ctufankjian's Avatar
Ctufankjian Ctufankjian is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Years Playing: 7.5
Courses Played: 5
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 15
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts
Talking The bag of a simple minded idiot...

Vitals:
Years playing/experience: DG 1.5 years
Right/left-handed/ambidextrous: right-handed
Throwing Style: RHBH, some OH
Golf Distance (avg/max*) for putter/mid/driver: Star Aviar: 200'; Buzzz: 300'; Nuke: 325'


Age: 32
Sex: m
Injuries/handicaps?: N/A
Other sport proficiencies?: Baseball, ball golf
What do you like/dislike about your current bag?: Not confident that all my shots are covered with minimal molds and overlap. I dislike the Zombee and Glide,and would like better alternatives
Specific areas of desired feedback: Improve RHFH
Immediate and long-term goals: I'd like to have a solid forehand shot.


Bag:

Drivers (weight/plastic/model/(condition)/use):
169 Z Nuke (more beat) main driver
175 Z Nuke (newer) backup
171 Z Predator (newer) headwinds, utility
169 Star Beast (beat) flips, feedback, OH shots
169 Zombee (beat) 2012 AR disc, control shots

Mids:
170 Z Buzzz, (new) - power, hyzer, utility
171 Pro D Buzzz (beat)- anhyzer, straight
169 Z Glide (newer)- longer control shots. I want it out.

Putters:
175 Star Aviar, (new)-driver, turnovers
(2) 171 2x Mcpro aviars- main putters
Sponsored Links
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 09-02-2013, 11:11 PM
apdrvya's Avatar
apdrvya apdrvya is offline
Marketplace Guru
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Spring Lake, MI
Years Playing: 9.6
Courses Played: 317
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 6,705
Niced 46 Times in 31 Posts
Default

from me to you
you have nothing that is more overstable.
nukes are pretty stable, beasts are understable, zombee is stableish

if you are throwing 325, nukes shouldn't really truly be in you bag.
I personally really like the PD. it's a speed 10 disc and you should be able to push it out just as far as the nuke with a little more control. it has become my "go to" driver.

same thing with mids, have you thrown a gator or drone? or anything more overstable?
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 09-02-2013, 11:34 PM
Ctufankjian's Avatar
Ctufankjian Ctufankjian is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Years Playing: 7.5
Courses Played: 5
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 15
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by apdrvya View Post
from me to you
you have nothing that is more overstable.
nukes are pretty stable, beasts are understable, zombee is stableish

if you are throwing 325, nukes shouldn't really truly be in you bag.
I personally really like the PD. it's a speed 10 disc and you should be able to push it out just as far as the nuke with a little more control. it has become my "go to" driver.

same thing with mids, have you thrown a gator or drone? or anything more overstable?
I actually pulled the nukes out for a teebird for the moment, and I have a predator in the bag. It's very overstable.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 09-03-2013, 12:48 AM
Hoss22 Hoss22 is offline
Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Olympia, WA
Posts: 950
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I may have made this suggestion previously, but I would definately try a saint for your distance driver.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 09-03-2013, 02:07 AM
Dan Ensor's Avatar
Dan Ensor Dan Ensor is offline
Sophomore
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Paris, MO
Years Playing: 9.7
Courses Played: 62
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 4,497
Niced 101 Times in 70 Posts
Default

What do you dislike about the Glide and Zombee?

I use a Squall instead of a Glide, and I think the SP might make a good alternative to the Zombee, although I haven't thrown a lot of Zombees or SP Squalls.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 09-03-2013, 08:00 AM
Ctufankjian's Avatar
Ctufankjian Ctufankjian is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Years Playing: 7.5
Courses Played: 5
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 15
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Ensor View Post
What do you dislike about the Glide and Zombee?

I use a Squall instead of a Glide, and I think the SP might make a good alternative to the Zombee, although I haven't thrown a lot of Zombees or SP Squalls.
The glide is really tricky to throw for me, and I've thrown it a ton. The Zombee is an awesome disc as well, but is pretty beat up, and seems a bit redundant. Seems like a squall would actually be a doable alternative to both?
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 09-03-2013, 08:00 AM
joshuajames's Avatar
joshuajames joshuajames is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Asheville, NC
Years Playing: 21.3
Courses Played: 117
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 1,748
Niced 35 Times in 22 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ctufankjian View Post
I actually pulled the nukes out for a teebird for the moment, and I have a predator in the bag. It's very overstable.
Then why not include that in the OP?
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 09-03-2013, 08:09 AM
Ctufankjian's Avatar
Ctufankjian Ctufankjian is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Years Playing: 7.5
Courses Played: 5
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 15
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshuajames View Post
Then why not include that in the OP?
Because I pulled them out after I posted it, and it says predator.
Reply With Quote
 

  #9  
Old 09-03-2013, 02:48 PM
Dan Ensor's Avatar
Dan Ensor Dan Ensor is offline
Sophomore
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Paris, MO
Years Playing: 9.7
Courses Played: 62
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 4,497
Niced 101 Times in 70 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ctufankjian View Post
The glide is really tricky to throw for me, and I've thrown it a ton. The Zombee is an awesome disc as well, but is pretty beat up, and seems a bit redundant. Seems like a squall would actually be a doable alternative to both?
I would call the Squall a doable alternative to both.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Is philo bag too simple westdisc91 General Disc Golf Chat 64 07-24-2017 12:19 PM
Looking for a simple solid bag PeterMonk Bag Suggestions & Feedback 45 12-11-2014 02:00 PM
Keeping My Bag Simple Sander50 Bag Suggestions & Feedback 4 06-03-2013 06:44 AM
Simple Scandanavian Bag onemilemore Bag Suggestions & Feedback 7 05-23-2012 02:51 PM
My Simple Bag sidewinding Bag Suggestions & Feedback 7 10-07-2010 03:11 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:20 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.