Old 03-22-2019, 10:02 AM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 16
Niced 32 Times in 29 Posts

Not sure I've really made any form progress, but I had kind of forgotten about the DFP grip and wasn't really using it effectively. Moving the thumb out onto the flight plate, doing the key turn/rolling the wrist under, and pulling the rim into my palm has made a huge difference. The release consistency has been amazing, and it definitely helps get the nose down. I recorded a bunch of throws and it like YANKS the nose down at the last second when the disc is coming out. It'll look like it's going to be a nose up release and then it corrects at the last second.
Sponsored Links

Niced: (1)
Old Yesterday, 10:55 PM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 16
Niced 32 Times in 29 Posts

Been reading a lot on here, and watching lots of slow no and something got me thinking. I think it was watching Kevin Jones throw and noticing his right side. And then watching Drew Gibson and noticing his right side. They both really noticably drive the throw with their left side, but what I was seeing was that they are "catching" that drive with their right side.

What I mean by that is that all of the force they are bringing in with the left side of their body is being caught by their back muscles and back of the arm muscles to keep the arm wide instead of the throwing arm collapsing in to the chest. Basically all of the muscles that you feel activating if you hold the disc in right pec position and then use your off hand to try to pull the disc directly away from the target.

So when I went to the field to throw I created some tension through the back of my arm and back on my throwing arm side and boy did it feel strong. It was successful for me on the very first throw. I threw 30 or 40 shots like this and was absolutely clobbering some putters. It felt so consistent and powerful. It felt like I could really channel that off arm move like Paul and Drew and so many of those big arms do.

Probably didn't explain this well but just wanted to get my thoughts out there. Hope everyone is doing well!

Niced: (1)

Old Today, 02:34 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 13.7
Courses Played: 220
Niced 3,237 Times in 1,977 Posts

Hey stranger.

Isn't that your corking the shoulder?

Shift from behind.

Lat - King of Mass, Brace, Dingle Arm, Door Frame
https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forum...d.php?t=132496

Swim Move