Old 10-01-2019, 09:03 AM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 2
Niced 513 Times in 330 Posts

I will admit that very little resistance from a course can cause me to leave the cart at home - if it's my first time at a course, or if I know the fairways are rough, I'll just backpack it no problem.
Sponsored Links
Old 10-01-2019, 02:21 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 33.4
Courses Played: 90
Niced 20 Times in 14 Posts

I use carts roughly 50% of the time. It really is course dependent as well as motivation guided. If the course makes no sense for carts then it is out. If it is good for carts then carts it is...unless I want to play really fast. Bags are a winter and fast practice round thing. I can only imagine that cart use will expand, there really is very little downside in most of the country.
Old 10-01-2019, 11:08 PM
Shun the frumious Bandersnatch!

Years Playing: 16.3
Courses Played: 25
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 737 Times in 629 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guurn View Post
I use carts roughly 50% of the time. It really is course dependent as well as motivation guided. If the course makes no sense for carts then it is out. If it is good for carts then carts it is...unless I want to play really fast. Bags are a winter and fast practice round thing. I can only imagine that cart use will expand, there really is very little downside in most of the country.
I also See something like the current seat built in bags the GB and the old Knock off Bagalane Model are like but have wheels on the backpack built in when bought but in such a way they will not interfere with the backpack function during use though one might have to use both straps when in backpack use. This style would be so some carts can be used on courses where almost the whole course is cart friendly minus a few holes that a cart will never work on with pulling/pushing as the ground will not allow for a cart to work. The pull strap would be like a fabric item or one that telescopes in so as to not interfere with course potentially when the use as a backpack is needed. Currently right now the best you have is modify the GB and the old GB Knock off Bagalane Model seated backpack to have wheels and work as a cart right now as well as like a backpack.
Old 10-02-2019, 07:29 AM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 8
Niced 565 Times in 261 Posts

I can’t be the only one excited to see mini carts coming into the fray. The Zuca compact is pretty ideal for someone like me that doesn’t want to carry a lot of discs, but DOES want a place to sit and storage for drinks and doesn’t particularly want to carry it all. Heck, it’s even a good size to be picked up when necessary.

If they come out with a mini version of the transit cart I’m in trouble. I absolutely love that layout with the discs up high and the extra space down low.

There are some really cool cart designs out there now and they keep coming out with better and better options. I am really happy to see smaller carts though. That’s an area I think was overlooked for a long time, and there are a lot of people who don’t want to lug around 30 discs but do want a cart. Bravo Zuca, keep em coming!
Old 10-02-2019, 06:24 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 5.2
Courses Played: 3
Niced 148 Times in 81 Posts

I am old enough that I have both back and knee issues. I don't care whether you use a cart or a bag, if you are carrying 20 or more discs, they get heavy. The only thing that I see interesting in a cart for me at all would be the ability to sit whenever you need to. But for me, the ability to have that in a cart doesn't compensate for the extra weight you have to drag around the course. I will continue to control the weight by reducing number of discs carried and not packing drinks along other than a bottle of water.

Niced: (1)
Old 10-02-2019, 11:25 PM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 21
Niced 22 Times in 18 Posts

Ive been using a cart since 2012. I see that the use of carts have increased and the number of lost stools have decreased.

I think that once we see more disc golf courses share ball golf courses we will see more companys like Rovic modifying their ball golf carts to carry disc golf bags.

Old 10-03-2019, 01:43 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 8.6
Courses Played: 19
Niced 824 Times in 493 Posts

I bought the original Ridge Roller (now Zuca) cart, now it's modified with foam tires, pvc rack, etc. I don't use the insert bag, gives me room to hold several water bottles in the back of the rack. Very small footprint compared to the wider Delta and modified Rovic carts I've seen. Regardless which Cart you use, it's a game changer when you play a tournament with 2 rounds in one day and each round takes 4-5 hours to finish.
Old 10-04-2019, 09:49 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 7.2
Courses Played: 48
Niced 821 Times in 561 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscFifty View Post
with 2 rounds in one day and each round takes 4-5 hours to finish.
With the lollygaggers turning in cards late, we would run out of day light.

Old 10-04-2019, 02:52 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 17.7
Courses Played: 7
Niced 10 Times in 5 Posts

Fractured my back as a kid and never knew it till years later when I had to have an MRI for some back issues. It was reccomended for me to get a fusion but I'm not ready to go that route yet. For me a cart allows me to sit down and take pressure off my back and put off having surgery. I do disc golf vacations where I can walk up to 15 to 20 miles per day playing and I can't do that with a bag anymore. I don't think it's a fad. I'd say carts are here to stay. Carts are also good for carrying extra snacks, drinks etc. To each their own though.