Old 09-25-2019, 07:16 PM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 36
Niced 192 Times in 113 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoseDownKing View Post
So the lag clicked naturally?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Sorry, i ninja edited that last part. Once the arm starts, it goes. Fast.

I just focus on shifting to the front leg before I swing.
Sponsored Links
Old 09-25-2019, 07:18 PM
Bogey Member

Niced 27 Times in 25 Posts

Ah I hear you. I just realized myself that my pull begins before my fromt heel hits the ground. I need to delay that

Niced: (1)
Old 09-25-2019, 07:22 PM
Birdie Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoseDownKing View Post
Ah I hear you. I just realized myself that my pull begins before my fromt heel hits the ground. I need to delay that

Yeah it’s going to feel like forever. Make sure it feels strange. If it doesn’t feel strange, you’re not thrusting your hip forward enough.

Old 09-25-2019, 07:23 PM
Bogey Member

Niced 27 Times in 25 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by drk_evns View Post
Yeah it’s going to feel like forever. Make sure it feels strange. If it doesn’t feel strange, you’re not thrusting your hip forward enough.
That helps a lot. Thanks

Old 09-25-2019, 07:54 PM
* Ace Member *

Niced 2,605 Times in 1,650 Posts

Do you feel the weight of the disc or the disc's opposite edge constantly from the top of the backswing and ramping up/getting heavier as you are swinging through? Or do you feel the disc just continuing forward with you in that "floating" type feeling until it's time for the outward swing when you can add to its momentum?
Old 09-25-2019, 08:11 PM
Birdie Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowplastic View Post
Do you feel the weight of the disc or the disc's opposite edge constantly from the top of the backswing and ramping up/getting heavier as you are swinging through? Or do you feel the disc just continuing forward with you in that "floating" type feeling until it's time for the outward swing when you can add to its momentum?

I’ll have to think about that next time I’m in the field to be sure, but I think it’s the latter.
Old 09-25-2019, 10:36 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 13.7
Courses Played: 220
Niced 3,222 Times in 1,962 Posts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q5xfv9jPqZs&t=8m5s

Old 01-03-2020, 02:02 PM
Birdie Member

My shoulder injury has healed and I've been able to throw a few rounds in the past month. Even got a round in on Christmas Day on michigan(!), somehow it was 50 degrees.

My throw is without a doubt better than ever. Time away has been healthy for my form. Hoping to get back into better shape and get some reps in before spring tournaments start back up. I'll post some more videos of my form here when I do.

I finally learned how to throw flat (actually a slight hyzer) and I almost put two aces in on dead straight lines. I threw a fairway driver entirely across a field that I know is over 450' long just dead straight.

I still have a hard time powering down. I turn my head back away from the target even on short shots where I don't need to.
Old 01-03-2020, 02:25 PM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 48
Niced 288 Times in 219 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by drk_evns View Post
My shoulder injury has healed and I've been able to throw a few rounds in the past month. Even got a round in on Christmas Day on michigan(!), somehow it was 50 degrees.

My throw is without a doubt better than ever. Time away has been healthy for my form. Hoping to get back into better shape and get some reps in before spring tournaments start back up. I'll post some more videos of my form here when I do.

I finally learned how to throw flat (actually a slight hyzer) and I almost put two aces in on dead straight lines. I threw a fairway driver entirely across a field that I know is over 450' long just dead straight.

I still have a hard time powering down. I turn my head back away from the target even on short shots where I don't need to.
Try the opposite, and keep looking at the target throughout the whole swing. From like 150' you would be surprised what you could do with like no hips or shoulders. Just a little forward momentum into the plant and since your hit is probably really efficient that's all you need. Eagle has his front foot pointed almost at the target sometimes during his short upshots.

Disc bomber problems....

Old 01-03-2020, 02:32 PM
Birdie Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by UhhNegative View Post
Try the opposite, and keep looking at the target throughout the whole swing. From like 150' you would be surprised what you could do with like no hips or shoulders. Just a little forward momentum into the plant and since your hit is probably really efficient that's all you need. Eagle has his front foot pointed almost at the target sometimes during his short upshots.

Disc bomber problems....
I feel like I know this is true, but every time I go to turn back, my muscle memory is fighting my brain on it. It's just practice. I need to practice short shots lol. I never give them time they deserve. It's top on my list of things to work on.