Old 01-21-2020, 11:58 PM
Shun the frumious Bandersnatch!

Years Playing: 16.6
Courses Played: 25
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 893 Times in 742 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dcinmd View Post
Who is paying them? It certainly isn't Discraft.
Possibly on the part of Brodie's contract is my thought have him get payed or have it in his contract to get training from top level in rating players to help with his game in order to have the lowest full time touring level sponsorship that could have him safe with enough money to keep touring even on the cheep end if he never cashes.
Sponsored Links

Last edited by Casey 1988; 01-22-2020 at 12:00 AM.
Old 01-22-2020, 01:59 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 9.6
Courses Played: 53
Niced 4,595 Times in 2,420 Posts

Simon isn't going to be involved in any part of a contract that Brodie signed with Discraft.

Niced: (2)
Old 01-22-2020, 06:03 AM
Bogey Member

Niced 36 Times in 18 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by brutalbrutus View Post
Simon isn't going to be involved in any part of a contract that Brodie signed with Discraft.
Brodie may have agreed a fee with them as individuals, or, just for now, enjoying each others company and appetite for the game with a view to perhaps forming something more formal between themselves later if they gel.

It was interesting that DC and DM were happy for Paul and Simon to swap discs for a round so it seems likely both brands are encouraging their collaborations.

Old 01-22-2020, 09:29 AM
* Ace Member *

Niced 228 Times in 139 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jugular View Post
Brodie may have agreed a fee with them as individuals, or, just for now, enjoying each others company and appetite for the game with a view to perhaps forming something more formal between themselves later if they gel.

It was interesting that DC and DM were happy for Paul and Simon to swap discs for a round so it seems likely both brands are encouraging their collaborations.
Because they both realize manufacturers need to work together to grow the sport, what better way than a collaboration between the disc golf trick shot guru and the world champ. Adding Brodie in the mix takes that even further. Look at the views their first trick shot video a couple months ago
Old 01-22-2020, 10:31 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 6.1
Courses Played: 19
Niced 1,325 Times in 764 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jugular View Post

Hmmm... anhyzer topped Forces. Tasty.

Why not start some unfounded rumors.

Niced: (2)
Old 01-22-2020, 11:01 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 19.6
Courses Played: 62
Niced 284 Times in 166 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey 1988 View Post
Possibly on the part of Brodie's contract is my thought have him get payed or have it in his contract to get training from top level in rating players to help with his game in order to have the lowest full time touring level sponsorship that could have him safe with enough money to keep touring even on the cheep end if he never cashes.
You kind of lost me on this one.

Are you saying he either gets paid money, or instead is trained by top players? That's a bizarre contract.

Niced: (1)
Old 01-22-2020, 11:08 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 8.9
Niced 1,081 Times in 636 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chains Bailey View Post
They are going to start a YouTube channel themselves - My guess is just the 3 of them - Vlog / Trick Shots / Tour Life...
Imop..highly unlikely...due to Simon and Paul's position with their companies/contract is more like a job/boss so they would have to break out of that before they could do anything on their own. Now maybe....Paul & Brodie could do something, but it would ultimately just be a vlog series posted on the DC channel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dcinmd View Post
Who is paying them? It certainly isn't Discraft.
Guessing their salary/contract has some social media requirements, and I'm sure behind the scenes everything disc golf related has to be approved.
Old 01-22-2020, 11:19 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 8.9
Niced 1,081 Times in 636 Posts

Brodie is used to the "revenue stream" concept. I doubt his contract includes a salary like Paul or Simon has. I would think Discraft gave him an all you can eat plastic deal, tour stamp disc deal, and a sliding bonus scale based on his performance in actual tournaments. I could also see some kind of long term paid/job media position with the company being hammered out. He has value in both Ultimate and Discgolf.
Old 01-22-2020, 12:03 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 22.9
Courses Played: 58
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 56 Times in 24 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stable View Post
I think it's cool that a handful of pros are reaching out to give him some pointers. I've always found that open level players aren't so eager to let out their secrets. Could be just be me.
They know he has no chance of competing at their level, currently.

Old 01-22-2020, 02:06 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 15.6
Courses Played: 87
Niced 1,934 Times in 777 Posts

Or maybe Paul and Simon are trying to better their brand and following from someone who already has a fantastic following and returning the favor by giving Brodie some DG pointers. Seems like a mutually beneficial relationship to me.