Old 03-26-2011, 10:28 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 21.5
Courses Played: 11
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Mobsters bag. Careful what you say to the Mob =)

My game is always changing. My bag does as well. Recent changes include more spin-putting, and more torquey drives. As a result, the biggest changes in the bag are drivers. Mostly o/s... really down to only one flippy driver. The driver/mid ratio has flipped upside-down.

Putters
173 Soft Ion - Main putter.
175 Soft Ion - 2 grams more. For wind. (might just be in my head)
-I recently changed back to spin-putting, with alot of success.

Mids
172 Champ Panther - Well worn.
175 Champ Panther - New.
-These for finesse thru woods, and fairway drives. Really straight to tight flex's.

180 Champ Stingray - Well worn.
179 Champ Stingray - New.
-Long flatline antes. Super reliable flightlines. One of course, is a bit more stable than the other. Same goes for Panthers.

178 FLX Drone. - Worn.
-My favorite mid. I can flex drive wide open, or flex finesse thru trees where the room allows. And of course, great for hyzers. Reliable in heavy wind.

17? CryZtal Buzzz - New.
-This does what Buzzz's do. Trying to fit it in my game.

Drivers
UNK 11x Firebird - Worn.
-Becoming more of an off the box driver than it used to be. Using more snap, speed, and height is causing me to use more stable discs. Wear makes this more straight than a new 11xFB.

17? ESP ND Surge - Worn.
-I use this alot. I still don't quite 'flip' it, but I can make it pop up flat and go a long way. Pretty straight for a Surge, due to wear. If I need to roller, this is it.

174 Z Force - Newish.
-Loving this disc! Two months ago, this would have been too much. Now, given enough room to flex, or plenty of wind... it goes a mile. My most stable disc. Loves doglegs.

171 1st Run Z Nuke - Beginning to wear.
-My farthest flyer for sure... given the right wind conditions. As in little to none. Up to 400 ft flat, 400+ downhill.

174 GL Vision - Getting worn.
- The right conditions will make this flippy sunofa go a mile. I use this in alot of tailwind conditions.

That makes 6 mids, 5 drivers, 2 putters for thise counting.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Never thought I'd see my bag have more mids than drives. I've never been a big fan of same molds/different wear, but I'm trying it out, and it seems to work. I know someone is going to ask "Where's your fairway drivers?" I've tried a few. I had a 10x Cheetah, a CE Valk, and a Champ Leopard... but those things just overlap what mids do. I get my mids to 300 easily, and with some accuracy. Maybe I'm partial, but I don't see an absolute neccessity for fairway drivers when I could just power up a Panther, or power down a Surge.
Sponsored Links
Old 03-26-2011, 10:57 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 16.5
Courses Played: 32
Niced 1 Time in 1 Post

Sweet style. You sound like you got it nailed down.
Old 03-26-2011, 11:27 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 11.8
Courses Played: 87
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Your one line says a lot, "The driver/mid ratio has flipped upside-down." You have been in the game for nearly 14 years so you got to know a few things. I am trying to get to that point as well. I think from 300 feet on in, if you got an excellent grasp on midrange discs, then your game will be that much better. However me and many others rather focus on getting those huge drives and having 9 drivers to do so. Luckily I don't have that many. A little bit old school wiht your Panther and Stingray, but sounds like you don't have any reason to change them. One putter mold=success with putting. You lack a true fairway driver, but if you get good controlled distance out of your mids, then maybe you don't want one. I still like the ability of having a fairway driver for those low ceiling shots that I need a bit more distance out of my throw without having it have to be higher off the ground.
Old 03-26-2011, 11:43 AM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 44
Niced 25 Times in 17 Posts

This looks like a really balanced bag. I am not crazy about your speed gap from 4 up to 9, but that is up to you. I would like to see a Teebird or Eagle in there. They really help when trying to carve out a controlled hyzer line without sacrificing the flight by powering down something faster.

Old 03-26-2011, 02:42 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 11.5
Courses Played: 66
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

A bag with no Eagles or Teebirds (or, bare minimum, some similar analog) is heresy.

Spin putting and "torquey" drives kind of sounds like a step back but if it's working then yay. Your bag seems all right. I've only thrown the Panther and Stringray a few times, and I liked them both, but it does seem like you have a fairly tight cluster or stabilities going with your midranges there.

Also, I would ditch the Firebird for a Z Pred, but that is just for consistency's sake (go Discraft distance drivers!). Probably doesn't really need to be done since you're already familiar with that disc.