Old 06-20-2015, 04:56 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 12.1
Courses Played: 77
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 418 Times in 232 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mashnut View Post
I really, really disagree with this attitude. The advantage gained on a fairway shot is in not putting the effort into hitting your lie exactly. When someone else is putting that effort in and you don't have to, that's an advantage.
I put the effort in to make sure I comply with the rules. During a tournament of I see a blatant rule infraction I am always "that guy" that mentions it. With a wide open fairway shot and the guy misses his plant foot by a few inches, I pick my battles. I am willing to take the heat for calling someone but I try and be fair in my judgement calls. Unless your standing close enough it is sometimes hard to tell if he actually foot faulted and be 100% sure. That's why unless he is blatantly or consistently doing it, I don't feel a need to get in the guys head. There are bigger issues with rule infractions than accidental foot faults that are hurting the game
Sponsored Links

Last edited by Emoney; 06-20-2015 at 04:59 PM.
Old 06-20-2015, 05:03 PM
*Super Moderator*

Years Playing: 18.3
Courses Played: 831
Niced 31 Times in 19 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emoney View Post
I put the effort in to make sure I comply with the rules. During a tournament of I see a blatant rule infraction I am always "that guy" that mentions it. With a wide open fairway shot and the guy misses his plant foot by a few inches, I pick my battles. I am willing to take the heat for calling someone but I try and be fair in my judgement calls. Unless your standing close enough it is sometimes hard to tell if he actually foot faulted and be 100% sure. That's why unless he is blatantly or consistently doing it, I don't feel a need to get in the guys head. There are bigger issues with rule infractions than accidental foot faults that are hurting the game
That's a very different point from saying there's no advantage gained. There's a reasonable conversation to be had about how we handle foot faults, but saying that missing your mark doesn't confer an advantage is just plain wrong.
Old 06-20-2015, 05:18 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 12.1
Courses Played: 77
Niced 418 Times in 232 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mashnut View Post
That's a very different point from saying there's no advantage gained. There's a reasonable conversation to be had about how we handle foot faults, but saying that missing your mark doesn't confer an advantage is just plain wrong.
Yes your right. I am usually the one that's sticks the most closely to the rules or makes comments to players about infractions almost every time I play , casually or in tournies. I caddied for a guy and told the other players during a break, if I was playing I would stroke everyone for "smoking". Tourney director said no smoking due to the fire danger. So I'm not afraid to call ppl on rule violations. You are technically right but every player has to make that judgment call for themselves. I'm sure the game will grow enough where foot faults become a huge issue, until we fix the other major issues, it's still not something that's at the top of my list to call ppl on, unless consistently done or blatant.
Old 06-20-2015, 09:10 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 9.3
Courses Played: 101
Niced 40 Times in 30 Posts

Why don't we just change to a stand and throw for everything but tee shots. Then stance violations would be much easier to monitor
Old 06-20-2015, 09:44 PM
*Super Moderator*

Years Playing: 13.8
Courses Played: 31
Niced 424 Times in 159 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emoney View Post
A little trick for AMs. Use a mini that blends in with the ground you are playing on. I always try and plant directly behind my mini but sometimes you are a little off.Everyone foot faults but this makes it less obvious. I think most ppl don't call it because they themselves do it as well. Plus, as soon as you call someone on it, you start paying to much attention to your own plant foot.
Overall, I don't think the majority of foot faults are used to gain an advantage. So I feel it's not a big issue. If you have a tricky lie and miss your plant foot spot by a foot or more, I will say something.
*buys camo mini, loses it first round*
Old 06-20-2015, 09:46 PM
*Super Moderator*

Years Playing: 13.8
Courses Played: 31
Niced 424 Times in 159 Posts

Since we're educating in here:

Old 06-20-2015, 10:54 PM
Resident Grouch

Years Playing: 16.9
Courses Played: 360
Niced 740 Times in 260 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by KniceZ View Post
Why don't we just change to a stand and throw for everything but tee shots. Then stance violations would be much easier to monitor
Because stand and deliver isn't any fun.