Old 12-13-2016, 10:33 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 11.7
Courses Played: 29
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 37 Times in 18 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fullnelson View Post
I have problems when there are bulky items in the zippered pocket and I try to get my putters out of the elastic pouch. I've gone to just using the upper rack for discs, and I used bungee cord to section off the bottom portion until I figure out how I want to set this bad boy up. I also added a thin bicycle foam grip to the handle. Played 4 days in a row and am loving it!

Mind me asking where you got the "thin bicycle foam grip"? I really like it.
Sponsored Links
Old 12-13-2016, 11:19 AM
Birdie Member

Does the pole collapse if you attach (with bicycle bottle clamp) the husky pouch? I was trying to decide between the "Quick Fist mini" clamps (mentioned earlier) and the bicycle bottle clamps (mentioned earlier). I'd rather go with something more permanent but didn't want it to effect breaking it down.

Sorry for all the questions, I have one for christmas but can't touch it yet and wanted to have some mods done when I get it.
Thanks!
Old 12-13-2016, 01:21 PM
Birdie Member

^^nevermind about the grip. I found several that will work.
Old 12-13-2016, 02:49 PM
Par Member

Niced 21 Times in 19 Posts

This is one of the coolest handles I've seen someone make for their Zuca cart.

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 12-16-2016, 07:20 AM

Years Playing: 23.7
Courses Played: 41
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

On the 25th I'll finally be able to open the Ridge Roller that's currently sitting under the Christmas tree. I can't wait to get it out on the course. But since I'm Santa, I know this one doesn't have a seat cushion (it wasn't available in the color to match my bag, anaconda, when it was ordered).
What does your experience say about the cushion? Is it necessary? My first thought was to buy an alternate color and use it as a pattern to have one made, with a more substantial cushion for my fat ass. Anyone rolling without a cushion and have no plans to get one?
Old 12-18-2016, 04:22 AM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 7.7
Courses Played: 7
Niced 3 Times in 1 Post

I don't have the pad on mine and definitely was not regretting not having one the last tournament I played. I was every bit as comfortable as I was using a stool before.
Old 12-18-2016, 11:46 AM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 48
Niced 19 Times in 17 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssittler View Post
On the 25th I'll finally be able to open the Ridge Roller that's currently sitting under the Christmas tree. I can't wait to get it out on the course. But since I'm Santa, I know this one doesn't have a seat cushion (it wasn't available in the color to match my bag, anaconda, when it was ordered).
What does your experience say about the cushion? Is it necessary? My first thought was to buy an alternate color and use it as a pattern to have one made, with a more substantial cushion for my fat ass. Anyone rolling without a cushion and have no plans to get one?
I just went out and brought a stadium seat cushion at Walmart for $6

Sent from my Alcatel_6055U using Tapatalk
Old 12-28-2016, 02:53 AM
Par Member

Niced 14 Times in 10 Posts

How does the Octothorpe fit in the backpack cart? Does it have to be squeezed in like the Grip bags? Are the side pockets fully usable/accessible?
Old 12-28-2016, 08:04 AM
Par Member

Years Playing: 8.6
Courses Played: 10
Niced 4 Times in 2 Posts

Should I get the full cart, the backpack cart, or the new "Roller"? I might like keeping my discs in the one bag and being able to either put it on the cart or carry it, instead of having to move them from a cart to a bag. I have a Prodiscus 30+ bag... was thinking I could mod the "Roller" cart to work with it; was also thinking of getting an Upper Park Rebel as a better option for my back for when I didn't use it as a cart. What would you do: full cart, or Roller with Rebel?

Biggest question: how are these things on hills? Any video you could share? If it's too steep of an incline, how do you prevent the tip over -- do you just lay it down for the moment?

Really curious when the new roller + "the pack" will be announced/released. Wondering if that's why the site has been down for a few days now...?

Old 12-28-2016, 09:50 AM
Bogey Member

Niced 12 Times in 9 Posts

I got the backpack cart for Christmas for the exact reason you mentioned above. I was really unsure about it, but now that I have the cart I think I made the right decision. Personally, I like the idea of being able to take just the bag to the field close to my house, and we have a short, really hilly course that doesn't seem like a great fit for the cart, so it will be easy to change. I also like that I'll still have access to the pockets on my B15, and storage seems lacking in the cart.
Closed Thread