Old 11-24-2020, 07:58 PM
Eagle Member

Niced 398 Times in 228 Posts

I’m hard pressed to notice any difference in feel or flight between the MD and a Mako3. Should your beloved MD cease to exist the Mako3 could fill that slot.

As long as the P2 and FD don’t disappear I’ll be good to go. And likely there is an Aviar that is close enough to the P2 that I could get by.

I wouldn’t mind seeing the FD mold get sent over to the Trilogy manufacturers for production. I would be curious to see how it turns out in the Swedish plastics.
Sponsored Links
Old 11-24-2020, 09:34 PM

Years Playing: 18.5
Courses Played: 12
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 16 Times in 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ray1970 View Post
I’m hard pressed to notice any difference in feel or flight between the MD and a Mako3. Should your beloved MD cease to exist the Mako3 could fill that slot.
Yeah, they do feel somewhat similar in hand. I dunno, I really like the D-Line plastic for the role that disc fills for me, I can't really throw that late-flipping turnover with a Mako3, they're much straighter and C/S plastic is way more stable. I'm sure innova does make a mold available in D-Line that would work though, you're right, just a matter of finding it. I've been throwing DM mids for so long though, I really love the family resemblance.
Old 11-25-2020, 02:04 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 1.9
Courses Played: 7
Throwing Style: RHFH
Niced 286 Times in 172 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ray1970 View Post
This is one of my issues with the smaller disc companies. They tend to have their discs go out of production/retired more frequently since they have to focus on the Return on Investment.

I try to support the smaller companies, but it is rough when they OOP/retire a disc that I use and the answer is that a bigger company makes something similar (or the exact same)...then I end up bagging the bigger company's discs...so why not just stay with them and ignore what the smaller companies have? It's frustrating.

I loved the DD Witness, but it got retired. Now I'm bagging the Innova Sidewinder instead. Same thing applies to DiscMania though...can't get a disc anymore...then get suggestions for a bigger companies disc and support for the smaller one goes away. But what else is a player supposed to do?

It's got me thinking twice before buying a disc from a smaller company....what if the disc is no longer available...maybe I should just start with the bigger company's version.

(And I'm not ragging on your suggestion to try the Mako3....it's just the "symptom" that I'm pointing out).
Old 11-26-2020, 03:53 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 12.5
Courses Played: 29
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 58 Times in 46 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by turniphead View Post
Just please keep running D-Line MDs!
yes
and another run of S MD
and a run of CG MD

I need to know what it takes to get a custom run
Old 11-26-2020, 10:24 PM

Niced 6 Times in 4 Posts

I’ll sell my soul for a couple of Essences. God I love that disc, as it seems other people do as well. When are we ever going to see these bad boys again? Early 2020? Cheers

Old 12-01-2020, 10:40 PM
Par Member

Niced 13 Times in 12 Posts

how are the current dd3s stability wise...i had and lost a 175 that was 2 years old...flew great some turn and glidy...have a 1st run cloudbreaker that is a little more os...l