Old 09-18-2022, 12:11 AM
* Ace No More *

Years Playing: 18.3
Courses Played: 430
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 10,734 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jupiterboy View Post
A completely black squirrel (bad picks).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimb View Post
I posted a pic of a black squirrel years and years ago and someone made fun of me since they were so common in their area. DGCR is so much kinder and gentler these days.
They're not uncommon around this are. Pretty sure it's just a genetic melanistic variation (similar to black leopards/jaguars), rather than a specific species. I think they're pretty cool.

I remember seeing quite a few white squirrels when I played Gordon Holton near C'bus back in 2011. I haven't white squirrels any where else in my travels.
Sponsored Links

Last edited by BogeyNoMore; 09-18-2022 at 12:14 AM.
Old 09-18-2022, 04:41 AM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 7
Niced 224 Times in 121 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimb View Post
I posted a pic of a black squirrel years and years ago and someone made fun of me since they were so common in their area. DGCR is so much kinder and gentler these days.
Yeah, nobody has called me Homer yet, but let’s give it a minute. After all, the thread isn’t “uncommon critters”.
Old 09-18-2022, 09:04 AM
Be Sure To Drink Your Ovaltine

Years Playing: 13.1
Courses Played: 304
Niced 1,167 Times in 450 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejvogie View Post
It's really weird. I see black squirrels to the north and the south, but have never seen one in my area. I've got to drive an hour in either direction to see them.
Same here. I think we're more or less same latitude, right? Weird.
Old 09-19-2022, 10:24 AM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 0.5
Courses Played: 16
Niced 20 Times in 15 Posts

Carrollton DG Course near St. Louis has quite a few groundhog (woodchuck) living on the course. They're interesting, but can be semi-aggressive (mostly just bluffing) if you get to close to their den entrance.

The worst/most dangerous I've come across are the ground-nesting Yellow Jackets less than 20ft from #6 basket at The Fort DG Course in O'Fallon, MO, though. Those bastards got me 4x, and I was quick to react. It's gonna be bad news if they swarm someone that's allergic. I tried to report it to the ground maintenance crew, but they were nowhere to be found. I did report it to a cop driving through the park (who said he's pass it along), but nothing had been done when I checked a few days later.

Niced: (1)
Old 09-19-2022, 10:40 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 39.4
Courses Played: 282
Niced 9,072 Times in 3,119 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mickstar View Post
Carrollton DG Course near St. Louis has quite a few groundhog (woodchuck) living on the course. They're interesting, but can be semi-aggressive (mostly just bluffing) if you get to close to their den entrance.

The worst/most dangerous I've come across are the ground-nesting Yellow Jackets less than 20ft from #6 basket at The Fort DG Course in O'Fallon, MO, though. Those bastards got me 4x, and I was quick to react. It's gonna be bad news if they swarm someone that's allergic. I tried to report it to the ground maintenance crew, but they were nowhere to be found. I did report it to a cop driving through the park (who said he's pass it along), but nothing had been done when I checked a few days later.
Step up. All it takes is someone to take the initiative. Stop by a store and pick up a couple cans of long range, spray bee death and bring the pain. Being "THEY" is the best!!

Show 'em whose boss, Mickster!

Last edited by ru4por; 09-19-2022 at 10:42 AM.
Old 09-19-2022, 04:14 PM

Years Playing: 2.3
Niced 62 Times in 26 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ru4por View Post
Step up. All it takes is someone to take the initiative. Stop by a store and pick up a couple cans of long range, spray bee death and bring the pain. Being "THEY" is the best!!

Show 'em whose boss, Mickster!
Several times over the years I've had success getting rid of ground hornets by throwing some old fruit on the nest. The local skunk finds the fruit and discovers a tasty (to a skunk) hornets nest to dig out. Hasn't always worked but cool when it does.

Niced: (2)
Old 09-19-2022, 04:35 PM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 54
Niced 118 Times in 79 Posts
Default Glow Event

This past weekend we had a club campout & glow. A couple racoons spent all night trying to get into a cooler.

Can't blame them we ate real good!

Old 09-21-2022, 08:13 PM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 7
Niced 224 Times in 121 Posts