Old 09-22-2022, 08:20 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 28.3
Courses Played: 122
Niced 5,960 Times in 2,140 Posts

Sleeves and poles are in at Forest Valley (in the woods at Forest Greens Golf Course near Quantico), baskets maybe this weekend. Tees are roughly half way there. Currently playable with temporary baskets but only open to NOVA Club members until the place is complete (maybe a month?). All wooded, tons of elevation, 3 tees and 2 permanent baskets per hole- the long to long is an absolute beast.
Sponsored Links

Old 09-22-2022, 04:59 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 19.5
Courses Played: 813
Throwing Style: LHFH
Niced 63 Times in 19 Posts

Man it is hard to remember all the courses individually but I'll chime in with a few that looking at the list pop out as memorable.

Signal View DGC now Limestone Ledges - I remember this course when it was only 9 holes and it was still a great course. It's now 36 holes! Great park and scenic surrounds makes for a great day of disc golf. I also couple this course in my mind with a near by private course that I loved playing in the annual tournament for. Both great examples of courses for the area.

Mountain Lake DGC (RIP) - Mountain Lake has had multiple courses over the years but The one titled DGC was a hidden gem designed overtop of a couple holes of an old ball golf course. It had a fantastic view off the 18th green that just rapped up the scenic surroundings. Almost broke my truck getting to the course but really enjoyed the experience. Sad that it didn't survive.

Thornspring DGC - Played this course this summer for my Bday course bagger weekend. It was a 100 hole day on July 1st so it was such a nice break in the day to get to ride a golf cart around and play a really nicely kept and fun course. Amazing the difference not having to hike up and down hills in the heat can do for the enjoyment of a round. All courses should have golf carts.

Maymont Park (Temporary course set up once a year for a fundraiser tournament) - This course is a mostly object course so it could be played outside of the annual tournament but would likely be difficult to do. The course plays through the grounds of a 100-acre Victorian estate that has several types of gardens and wildlife exhibits and petting zoo. The grounds have overlooks of the James River and some fun unique holes that only the object experience can give. On a nice December day this is a not to miss event each year.

Niced: (1)

Old 09-23-2022, 08:07 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 13
Courses Played: 10
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 73 Times in 55 Posts

Thanks for sharing Lee. I didn't know that there was a course in Surry. I lived in Isle of Wight years ago and would have loved a course out there.

Niced: (1)