Go Back   Disc Golf Course Review > General Disc Golf Discussions > General Disc Golf Chat

View Poll Results: Is the "no nub" collar a good idea?
I hate nubs and I like this idea 8 17.39%
I hate nubs but I hate this idea 6 13.04%
I don't care about nubs, they are the least of the issues with baskets 5 10.87%
Dude, aim higher and hit where you are aiming 27 58.70%
Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #51  
Old 09-24-2022, 07:14 AM
davetherocketguy's Avatar
davetherocketguy davetherocketguy is online now
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Southwest Michigan
Years Playing: 18.2
Courses Played: 111
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 3,719
Niced 3,904 Times in 1,504 Posts
Default

I think they make a pill for unwanted nubs.
Sponsored Links
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 09-24-2022, 07:18 AM
Rastnav Rastnav is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2020
Location: Durham, NC
Courses Played: 40
Posts: 1,298
Niced 1,201 Times in 576 Posts
Default

Took a picture of the baskets at Cornwallis, the course near my house where I played almost all of my formative rounds. I hadn't really realized just how big these suckers were compared to some of the more modern baskets. Does explain why I have a complex about it.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20220923_161317.jpg (145.3 KB, 97 views)

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 09-24-2022, 08:40 AM
Rastnav Rastnav is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2020
Location: Durham, NC
Courses Played: 40
Posts: 1,298
Niced 1,201 Times in 576 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by davetherocketguy View Post
I think they make a pill for unwanted nubs.
Pretty sure those pills are for people who want, uh, nubs that are a little more … erect?

I’m just suggesting that if we are going to be touching a lot of these things, we should keep ‘em covered.

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 09-24-2022, 12:44 PM
DeanMoriarty's Avatar
DeanMoriarty DeanMoriarty is offline
Birdie Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2021
Location: Southern Wisco border
Years Playing: 3.3
Courses Played: 343
Throwing Style: RHFH
Posts: 351
Niced 393 Times in 156 Posts
Default

Reject baskets, return to tonal poles
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 09-26-2022, 01:19 PM
chevis's Avatar
chevis chevis is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: the dry shttys
Years Playing: 19.3
Courses Played: 160
Throwing Style: RHFH
Posts: 2,071
Niced 720 Times in 325 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rastnav View Post
Pretty sure those pills are for people who want, uh, nubs that are a little more … erect?

I’m just suggesting that if we are going to be touching a lot of these things, we should keep ‘em covered.
we need nub condoms; quit taking chunks out of my discs!
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 09-26-2022, 02:07 PM
Flick Maniac's Avatar
Flick Maniac Flick Maniac is online now
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Jokela, Southern Finland
Posts: 2,578
Niced 1,408 Times in 735 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rastnav View Post
Took a picture of the baskets at Cornwallis, the course near my house where I played almost all of my formative rounds. I hadn't really realized just how big these suckers were compared to some of the more modern baskets. Does explain why I have a complex about it.

Yeah these are the ones I dont like. They also dont make that satisfying CHINGG sound, more like a drab CLANGEDY CLANK.

We call them Seppo baskets in Finland because of the dude who first started to import them sometime in the neolithic age
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 09-26-2022, 03:22 PM
Cgkdisc's Avatar
Cgkdisc Cgkdisc is offline
.:Hall of Fame Member:.
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Twin Cities
Years Playing: 33.5
Courses Played: 760
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 13,948
Niced 4,558 Times in 1,791 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flick Maniac View Post
Yeah these are the ones I dont like. They also dont make that satisfying CHINGG sound, more like a drab CLANGEDY CLANK.

We call them Seppo baskets in Finland because of the dude who first started to import them sometime in the neolithic age
As I understand it, Seppo got the rights from Steady Ed to make them in Finland.

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
 

  #58  
Old 09-27-2022, 02:06 PM
Flick Maniac's Avatar
Flick Maniac Flick Maniac is online now
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Jokela, Southern Finland
Posts: 2,578
Niced 1,408 Times in 735 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cgkdisc View Post
As I understand it, Seppo got the rights from Steady Ed to make them in Finland.
Yeah that could very well be.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2 weeks in, completely hooked. ThrowInDiscGolf Newbie Intros and Q&A 7 09-06-2020 04:30 PM
Basket question Duke CT Course Design 4 03-01-2014 04:59 PM
Completely in, does it count? crusadersounds Rules Questions & Discussion 11 02-12-2013 01:09 AM
basket giveaway question bsu12345 General Disc Golf Chat 4 02-01-2013 10:24 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:05 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.