Old 04-22-2017, 07:45 PM
Snowflake

Courses Played: 8
Niced 2,270 Times in 1,669 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscinFiend View Post
How do FDs compare to Leopard3s? I haven't thrown an FD in quite some time.
I only have one Champion Leo3. It's a great disc, but I found it to be not as long as the TL or FD, and my Champ Leo3 was a bit more understable than the others, fresh out of the box. The Leo3 did for me what Dave Dunipace says it will do: goes straight then has a "late" turn, and the FD does not do that for me, nor does the TL.

But when the pot boils down, it's all just a matter of personal preference between those three discs and the others right in their category...
Sponsored Links
Old 04-22-2017, 08:30 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.7
Courses Played: 2
Niced 459 Times in 332 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Smooth View Post
CD3. Even say in the disc mania description I believe. And I agree to an extent.
I agree though a C-FD. A S-FD is probabaly a TD or a domey Mystere (the flat ones have less glide than my CD3). G-FD is probably a GStar Tern.

The CD3 is a slower armed Destroyer much like the FD is a slower armed FD.

Last edited by ILUVSMGS18; 04-22-2017 at 08:31 PM. Reason: Comparison
Old 05-06-2017, 12:53 PM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 10.8
Courses Played: 14
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 3 Times in 3 Posts

Ive read through a number of the comments in this thread and theres a wide range of comparisons.

I was wondering how the FD compares to a DD escape? In both distance and stability? Please describe C-line or Lucid for comparison of the two discs. Both have been described as a less stable PD.
From the listed speeds the FD seems like it would be a less stable TB or Gazelle. Ive also read that the FD is a longer leopard, but I assume its shorter than a Valk? If anyone could clear this up I would appreciate it.
Old 05-06-2017, 01:12 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 7.4
Niced 7 Times in 7 Posts

You would probably have an easier time getting more distance from an escape, although FD's can be pushed out pretty far depending on their stability.

This is one of the problems of my bag, I have FD's and Outlaws but need something between them so I bag PDs as well but find that they can steal throws from each other sometimes.
Old 05-06-2017, 02:06 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 19.7
Courses Played: 167
Niced 516 Times in 237 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeepItFreshBrah View Post
. . . From the listed speeds the FD seems like it would be a less stable TB or Gazelle. Ive also read that the FD is a longer leopard, but I assume its shorter than a Valk? If anyone could clear this up I would appreciate it.
Take a DX Teebird, whang it into trees until the fade is gone, and you have a domey S-FD. Both are surprisingly long. DX Gazelle is similar stability but shorter. Leopard can fly similar lines but is touchier.

S-FD wants to fly straight (well, a very tight S-curve). Valk has more distance potential but flies a different line - more turn and more fade.

I do not have a lot of experience with C-FDs. The ones I threw were straight with fade and a good bit shorter than the domey S-FDs
Old 05-06-2017, 02:27 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 10.3
Courses Played: 10
Niced 57 Times in 43 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeepItFreshBrah View Post
Ive read through a number of the comments in this thread and theres a wide range of comparisons.

I was wondering how the FD compares to a DD escape? In both distance and stability? Please describe C-line or Lucid for comparison of the two discs. Both have been described as a less stable PD.
From the listed speeds the FD seems like it would be a less stable TB or Gazelle. Ive also read that the FD is a longer leopard, but I assume its shorter than a Valk? If anyone could clear this up I would appreciate it.
I have thrown both a fair amount.

The biggest difference I see is with the speed. Escapes are speed 9, FDs 7. I could push an Escape about 25-50' on average longer vs a CFD. I'd say that an Escape is closer to a CD2 vs a FD.
Old 05-06-2017, 02:42 PM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 10.8
Niced 3 Times in 3 Posts

Thanks guys! this was very helpful.

Im looking for something a bit longer than my dx gazelle, since it overlaps close to my buzz's, but shorter then a beat PD or Escape. I will try the FD. I appreciate your guys' help!
Old 06-21-2017, 03:33 AM

Courses Played: 2
Niced 6 Times in 2 Posts

How is the stability of the current 2016/2017 Simon Lizotte signature CLine FD? Are they just stamped 6th run FDs?
Old 07-17-2017, 03:40 PM
Pandamonium Discs

Years Playing: 13.7
Courses Played: 170
Niced 729 Times in 334 Posts

Picked out a few C-FD's from a few of our past Panda orders to try out as I am looking for an out of the box replacement for my beat up 11X KC Pro Teebird. From what I can tell from reading the past maybe 20 pages or so is that the most recent run is the 6th run and that they are pretty neutral in flight. Anybody have any info on how I could tell some of the runs apart by looking at them/feeling them?

Old 07-17-2017, 04:15 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5.7
Courses Played: 3
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 162 Times in 89 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horsman View Post
Picked out a few C-FD's from a few of our past Panda orders to try out as I am looking for an out of the box replacement for my beat up 11X KC Pro Teebird. From what I can tell from reading the past maybe 20 pages or so is that the most recent run is the 6th run and that they are pretty neutral in flight. Anybody have any info on how I could tell some of the runs apart by looking at them/feeling them?
the only big difference between c line FD are if it's a 2nd run.

2nd runs have bubbles in the rim, are very stiff, and flatter.

2nd runs also have a very different flight. they are like brinster teebirds (very overstable) with more glide at any weight. 160's grams will have the same overstable glidey flight.

all other runs 1st/3rd/4th/5th/6th of c line fd fly similar. like a mix between a champ leopard and champ teebird with a TON of glide.

there are some small differences 5th runs are domey, 6th are flatter, 3rd maybe stiffer BUT the flight are all very similar.

Niced: (2)