Old 11-12-2017, 08:08 AM

Niced 10 Times in 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeepItFreshBrah View Post
I am interested how the Undertaker flies compared to a C-line CD2. Would someone who has thrown both please describe a comparison? Thanks
Both my C-line CD2 and FR Elite Z Undertaker has a slight dome. With my power the CD2 flies straight and finishes with a forward fade, true to it's numbers.

My Undertaker is a first run and it's beefier and slower. Flies like a speed 8 and starts to fade earlier in the flight, maybe at half the distance of the CD2 then it just loses more speed and dumps. I really don't like my FR Undertaker but I've heard the normal Elite Z is less stable which could make it closer to the CD2.

For me:
C-line CD2 9 5 -1 2
FR Elite Z Undertaker 8 5 0 2.5
Sponsored Links
Old 11-12-2017, 12:38 PM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 10.8
Courses Played: 14
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 3 Times in 3 Posts

Thank you Carl!
Old 11-14-2017, 11:29 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 12.9
Courses Played: 51
Niced 292 Times in 182 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperCarl View Post
Both my C-line CD2 and FR Elite Z Undertaker has a slight dome. With my power the CD2 flies straight and finishes with a forward fade, true to it's numbers.

My Undertaker is a first run and it's beefier and slower. Flies like a speed 8 and starts to fade earlier in the flight, maybe at half the distance of the CD2 then it just loses more speed and dumps. I really don't like my FR Undertaker but I've heard the normal Elite Z is less stable which could make it closer to the CD2.

For me:
C-line CD2 9 5 -1 2
FR Elite Z Undertaker 8 5 0 2.5
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeepItFreshBrah View Post
Thank you Carl!
I haven't thrown a CD2, though I've heard they are longer FDs. But I can second Carl's evaluation of the first run Z Undy. I have a very flat one, high plh, and it is beefy. Doesn't glide too much either. Basically a head wind Undy.

Also have a pair of first runs that have slight more dome to them, and they fly straighter with better glide. But still have a good fade.

I've thrown a little lighter Big Zs that had a slight S flight, probably finishing just left of center (8/5/-1/2).

Regardless, the Undy is a great 8/9 speed fairway.

Cheers!
Old 11-14-2017, 12:44 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 10.6
Courses Played: 31
Niced 1,123 Times in 615 Posts

^^^ Agreed.

Big Z/Glo ESP/ a fresh X: HSS -1, LSS 2
Old 11-15-2017, 07:45 AM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 115
Niced 206 Times in 106 Posts

Undertakers are not unique in that the more overstable they are, the slower they seem. This mold/speed combo may make that effect more noticeable, however. I have trouble keeping one in the prime "straight" phase of its' life. I bag 3 or 4 depending on where in the cycle I am.
Glo Z, mod dome, reliably overstable barring high winds.
Stock Z for hyzer flips BH and FH, will exhibit some turn but also hook up.
Glo ESP, fairly neutral out of the box, for really straight finishes.

Other notes:
-The Sparkle Zs seem extra overstable, so much so that I haven't bagged one yet
-Switched back to an Avenger SS for US fairway slot. I prefer the feel, though I have several Undertakers that share the flight.
-Again, all of the stock Zs that I have had start the same, very consistent HSS, but when they start seasoning, they go pretty quickly to a little more flippy than I would like, then stay there for a while. Just hard to keep one in the prime stage for super straight flip up flights. Not a bad thing (some turn makes for really nice FH hyzer flips), but a thing nonetheless.
Old 01-09-2018, 11:48 AM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 9
Niced 725 Times in 508 Posts

Can anyone tell me about the 2017 memorial championship esp glo undertaker's?? How are that vs. elite z in flight and feel? Thanks
Old 01-09-2018, 11:49 AM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 9
Niced 725 Times in 508 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grippenripp View Post
Can anyone tell me about the 2017 memorial championship esp glo undertaker's?? How are that vs. elite z in flight and feel? Thanks
See post above I guess LOL. Nevermind this move along.
Old 01-09-2018, 12:30 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 14.4
Courses Played: 91
Niced 1,173 Times in 591 Posts

I'm going to try these out to compare with eagles this winter. I love the dx eagle but the star eagle leaves a lot to be desired (lacks a lot of glide the dx has) and the champ eagle is really basically a mis-stamped banshee IMO. Typically any disc that makes both Doss/MJs bag catches my interest. I'm guessing if they are stable enough for them to use as a control driver it would work for me also. Plus, the various plastic lines make a lot of sense - I like to minimize molds and would very likely carry a range from flx z to x in order to cover most fairway shots.

Anyone care to give a comparison of these to eagle/teebird/stalker/convict type discs? I've got decent experience with all of those but would like to hear where the undertaker fits in for most people.
Old 01-09-2018, 12:58 PM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 1
Niced 220 Times in 108 Posts

I had 2 Ti Undertakers that were both straighter than any Z Undertaker I had thrown. Slight turn and minimal fade. Every other Ti disc I've thrown has been way more OS than any other plastic. Found it quite strange.

Old 01-09-2018, 01:00 PM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 1
Niced 220 Times in 108 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictorB View Post
Anyone care to give a comparison of these to eagle/teebird/stalker/convict type discs? I've got decent experience with all of those but would like to hear where the undertaker fits in for most people.
The Undertaker is essentially a TL in my opinion. Feels almost identical in the hand and similar flight. The FR Z were much more stable but production runs are quite straight.