Old 09-21-2018, 08:40 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 21.7
Courses Played: 90
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 101 Times in 52 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ru4por View Post
This seems to be a bit premature. Per a posting on DGS as of two days ago.......

"Announcement: after some voiced concerns with the safety of pedestrians at a city council meeting we need to ask that the course goes in-played until we get proper safety signage posted throughout the park. This won’t take more than a couple days. For now, the course is back “under construction”. Stay tuned."
When I posted the course was opened. When I teed off on Thursday at 4PM it was open as well. Sometime during that round the parks put up the closed for construction sign.
Sponsored Links

Niced: (1)
Old 09-21-2018, 09:39 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 15.7
Courses Played: 330
Niced 2,401 Times in 1,181 Posts

A few signs informing the public to "Watch for Flying Discs" at key points where park traffic is likely to intersect with the course would be great.
I wish a more local courses (namely Cass Benton, Fire Fighters, Spindler, Wyandotte) had them.

Pretty sure the Gulch is the only course in the area that has signs to that effect. It's not much of a problem at any of the Metroparks, Indy lakes, Rolling Hills, or Addison Oaks because those courses are pretty well segregated from other park activities. But it's a real issue on courses laid out with shared land use.

Old 09-30-2018, 06:40 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 15.5
Courses Played: 87
Niced 1,850 Times in 750 Posts

Going to be up in Traverse City starting Tuesday and there until Thursday. Hoping to hit a few courses in the area and am a little bummed that it doesn't appear that Hickory Hills is completed yet - of course there's always Myles Kimmerly. HMU if you want to play a round.
Old 10-01-2018, 10:56 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 30.7
Courses Played: 145
Niced 314 Times in 135 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by davetherocketguy View Post
Going to be up in Traverse City starting Tuesday and there until Thursday. Hoping to hit a few courses in the area.
Wild Haven isn't far away. Highly recommended.
Old 10-02-2018, 09:25 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 15.5
Courses Played: 87
Niced 1,850 Times in 750 Posts

So I played Myles Kimmerly today and was impressed. Well worth the drive out there. However, here are some notable stops I had today that I hope will enlighten others that venture out that way:

- Deuces Wild is a waste of time unless you insist on bagging courses.
- Silver Creek Township...WTF...I was going to make a new listing here but whats the point? Between the home made baskets and lack of essential items like, oh I don't know, SIGNS and TEE PADS I thought the better of wasting any more time there. Don't bother. Even if you see it listed on UDisc.
- Almira Township is also listed on UDisc and DGCR....I have no idea why people list courses before they're done. Looks like things are progressing nicely but without a map or signs to go by I am not sure anyone would be able to find their way around.
Old 10-02-2018, 11:32 PM
* Ace Member *

With 2019 USADGC running Jun 7-9, and DGPT Great Lakes Open slated for Jul 5-7...

Toboggan should be available for casual play for about 3.5 weeks. This really is an epic course, with a bunch of holes that could be signature holes. If you've never played this epic course, here's your chance.

With the recent expansion for Black Locust, you'll be able to play 54 distinct holes without leaving Kensington Metropark, while Toboggan's still in the ground.

Old 10-03-2018, 12:24 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 42.7
Courses Played: 238
Throwing Style: RHFH
Niced 110 Times in 73 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BogeyNoMore View Post
With 2019 USADGC running Jun 7-9, and DGPT Great Lakes Open slated for Jul 5-7...

Toboggan should be available for casual play for about 3.5 weeks. This really is an epic course, with a bunch of holes that could be signature holes. If you've never played this epic course, here's your chance.

With the recent expansion for Black Locust, you'll be able to play 54 distinct holes without leaving Kensington Metropark, while Toboggan's still in the ground.
Good reason to invest in the Metropark pass.

Old 10-03-2018, 12:28 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 36.7
Courses Played: 248
Niced 1,800 Times in 781 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Shide View Post
Good reason to invest in the Metropark pass.
Not to dismiss the 48 holes at Hudson Mills, the 24 at Willow or the 36 now at Stony Creek. Without a doubt making a MetroPark pass a great value. These are all great facilities with benches, garbage cans, top notch dual tee pads, upgraded new baskets, superb maintenance, bathrooms, shelters and a ton of additional, non golf, park activities.

Old 10-03-2018, 12:57 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
... and a ton of additional, non golf, park activities.
There's life beyond disc golf???

Kidding aside, if you enjoy canoing/kayaking, the Huron River is a great waterway for that, and runs through about 8 or so of the Metro Parks.

Been hitting parks all up and down the river with my kayak this year. 105 miles of the Huron's 130 miles easily accessible to the public (most of the access north of Commerce Lake/Benstein road is "private access). I've explored 81 of them... basically just the lower 24 miles left to go. The annual Metropark pass has always been a bargain, but this year, I'm really getting my money's worth.

Niced: (2)

Old 10-03-2018, 03:22 PM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 26.4
Courses Played: 70
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 17 Times in 13 Posts

Quote:
Not to dismiss the 48 holes at Hudson Mills, the 24 at Willow or the 36 now at Stony Creek. Without a doubt making a MetroPark pass a great value. These are all great facilities with benches, garbage cans, top notch dual tee pads, upgraded new baskets, superb maintenance, bathrooms, shelters and a ton of additional, non golf, park activities.
To add to this. Bump the cost to $60 and you get a combined MetroParks and Oakland County Park pass which adds Addison Oaks to the mix.