Go Back   Disc Golf Course Review > General Disc Golf Discussions > General Disc Golf Chat

Old 05-22-2019, 03:05 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 10.9
Courses Played: 41
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 63 Times in 38 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC17393 View Post
If the PDGA were to make a single change to their tournament requirements/standards, I feel like making it clear that greens fee doesn't just apply to tournaments played on a pay-to-play course but to any course would be the most beneficial. Cap it if they feel it would be abused, or require more detailed financial reports in order to justify it, but give TDs/clubs a bit more wiggle room to make sure expenses are covered without the need to invest in merchandise that still carries no guarantee of breaking even.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidSauls View Post
I really wish the PDGA would go further and allow a tournament fee, capped at $10 or $20, to be deducted off the top. If announced in advance, like limiting divisions.

Whether TDs would use it, or how well it would go over with players in some places, is another issue. But it would be great to have the option.
I like the idea of an allowed tournament fee, with a cap. Would allow a low to no payout reduced entry fee system.

I understand the current rules and preventing "the kitchen sink" from being call a fee and thus reduced. But a "tournament fee" with a cap would solve that. Would definitely require advertised/advance notice.

Under the current rules, it is difficult to do since someone must pay the $50 sanctioning fee and other fees that are not allowed to come out of the entry fee (15% of total entry fees allowed for C-Tier).
Sponsored Links

Old 05-22-2019, 03:13 PM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 16
Niced 177 Times in 96 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhatton1 View Post
If you build it....they will come.
I've attended his events, they are great fun. I'm a new player in the UK, so not raised on goody bags. I'm just after a well organised opportunity to play disc golf, compete, meet others, learn, and have fun. I don't need or really want a goody bag. I'm a big boy now, if I want something I'll buy it - if I haven't bought one, I probably don't want it (does not apply to castles or flying cars).

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk