Years Playing: 13.6
Courses Played: 168
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 171 Times in 103 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by elmexdela View Post
na the beer career is life long

physical peak dies off much much quicker
The craft beer fad will peak soon. Also, there are so many breweries now that the market is totally over saturated. I expect the next decade will see significant contraction.
Sponsored Links

Old 11-25-2019, 02:57 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 38.6
Courses Played: 26
Throwing Style: RHFH
Niced 183 Times in 88 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscFifty View Post
Anyone think Nate & Val behind the scenes seeing how much discraft love Paul & Paige are getting, are thinking..."dayamm...maybe we started this beer thing a little too soon."
That's kind of like Climo saying......wow, i could have been a multi millionaire .
Old 11-25-2019, 05:22 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 10.7
Courses Played: 31
Niced 1,130 Times in 621 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countchunkula View Post
The craft beer fad will peak soon. Also, there are so many breweries now that the market is totally over saturated. I expect the next decade will see significant contraction.
It'll definitely shrink, but there will always be a market for craft beer. What hopefully will die off is as the average consumer loses interest in the word "craft" the large breweries like Anheuser, MillerCoors, and Pabst will stop aquiring the smaller breweries, just to cash in a bit on hazys or rice lagers, etc. Most will be back to their Bud Light and PBR.

But people had your opinion in the 1990s too about BJs, Gordon Bierch, and other brewpubs that starting popping up in every strip mall, but even they are still hanging around.

Niced: (2)
Old 11-25-2019, 05:45 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 9.7
Courses Played: 125
Throwing Style: RHFH
Niced 299 Times in 93 Posts

What kind of bbq does Paige like? Does her contract include bbq? What kind of bbq will she sell on her website?

Niced: (1)
Old 11-25-2019, 06:34 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 13.6
Courses Played: 168
Niced 171 Times in 103 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by F. Howl View Post
It'll definitely shrink, but there will always be a market for craft beer. What hopefully will die off is as the average consumer loses interest in the word "craft" the large breweries like Anheuser, MillerCoors, and Pabst will stop aquiring the smaller breweries, just to cash in a bit on hazys or rice lagers, etc. Most will be back to their Bud Light and PBR.

But people had your opinion in the 1990s too about BJs, Gordon Bierch, and other brewpubs that starting popping up in every strip mall, but even they are still hanging around.
I think we are mostly in agreement here. I don't expect craft beer to disappear, but I do think that there are too many small breweries in many areas. When demand starts to level off (and eventually decline), I expect to see a lot of closures.

Don't get me wrong, I love all of the additional choices. I just see a bubble waiting to burst.
Old 11-25-2019, 06:57 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 10.6
Niced 347 Times in 176 Posts

There is no "craft beer bubble," the reason AB is going around buying up small breweries is because they want that share of the market back. The beer market is enormous and incredibly resilient, and it's been said over and over again that the alcohol industry is 100 percent recession-proof (no pun intended). I just want to go back to the days of $7 six packs of IPA, the over-pricing is the real problem that I currently see.

If Paige drinks beer, I wonder what she'd go for. Perhaps a nice shandy? Maybe I'm off and she's actually the Imperial Stout type. I sure am this time of year.

Niced: (1)
Old 11-25-2019, 07:17 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 10.6
Niced 347 Times in 176 Posts

But since I'm think about it -- if we really want to use the bubble metaphor, I'd say it's more like a deep lake with a layer of cold, but carbon-dioxide rich water that has been trapped by the presence of warm, well established water on top. An environmental shake up provides the catalyst for the gas to come out of solution and make it's way to the top where it can dissipate, and the lake having been de-stratified can resume it's natural balance.
Old 11-25-2019, 07:54 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 9.1
Courses Played: 34
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 247 Times in 138 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by F. Howl View Post

Count me in the group that went back to the Bud Light and PBR. A few years back the craft beer scene was somewhat exciting and you could get some new varieties but now it seems like all the same stuff from different breweries. I'm at the point now where 95% of the time I'm just buying Miller Lite or Guinness if want something darker. The other 5% of the time I'm buying either Sip of Sunshine or Yards Brawler, they're two beers I can't seem to quit.

I'm sure some beer enthusiasts wouldn't consider Miller Lite real beer but it's one of the most versatile beers out there. 9 am tailgate before a sports event, check. Doing some yard work, check. Spending the day grilling or smoking some meat, check. Spending the day out by the pool, check. Have a few beers during your round, check. Easy to drink and easy to control yourself so things don't get out of hand too quick.

Old 11-25-2019, 08:38 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 36.7
Courses Played: 248
Niced 1,806 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by riltim View Post
Count me in the group that went back to the Bud Light and PBR. A few years back the craft beer scene was somewhat exciting and you could get some new varieties but now it seems like all the same stuff from different breweries. I'm at the point now where 95% of the time I'm just buying Miller Lite or Guinness if want something darker. The other 5% of the time I'm buying either Sip of Sunshine or Yards Brawler, they're two beers I can't seem to quit.

I'm sure some beer enthusiasts wouldn't consider Miller Lite real beer but it's one of the most versatile beers out there. 9 am tailgate before a sports event, check. Doing some yard work, check. Spending the day grilling or smoking some meat, check. Spending the day out by the pool, check. Have a few beers during your round, check. Easy to drink and easy to control yourself so things don't get out of hand too quick.
To each their own, but damn....I don't know how anyone can drink that swill. Thank goodness I grew up in Detroit and I could at least get Labatt or Molson to drink. Even as a dishwashing high school kid, i sought out Erlanger, Michelob or Lowenbrau. Not great beer, but if I had to drink Weideman, Hamms, Goebels, Bud or Miller, I would have stuck to liquor.

Old 11-25-2019, 09:03 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 9.1
Courses Played: 34
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 247 Times in 138 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ru4por View Post
To each their own, but damn....I don't know how anyone can drink that swill. Thank goodness I grew up in Detroit and I could at least get Labatt or Molson to drink. Even as a dishwashing high school kid, i sought out Erlanger, Michelob or Lowenbrau. Not great beer, but if I had to drink Weideman, Hamms, Goebels, Bud or Miller, I would have stuck to liquor.
Like you said to each their own. On a typical summer weekend I'm going to hit a league during the late morning, do a bit of yard work after that, and maybe have some family and friends over in the evening to swim, cookout, and hang by the fire. I'm not going crazy during any of those events but I enjoy a beer or two while doing it. If I drank Labatts or Molson during league I'd be out cold on my couch by early afternoon and the rest of the day would be shot.

Niced: (2)