Old 12-12-2019, 05:36 AM
* Ace Member *

Niced 1,582 Times in 906 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfhaley View Post
I'm sure they understand that Eric's not Paul and Tina's not PP. Not even close either. I bet they're still pretty happy with their DD partnership though. Paul and Paige are in a totally different realm than 95% of touring pros. Who's even close? Ricky, Eagle and maybe Simon.
They were not talking about them vs paul or Paige. . .more that the contracts are geting bigger and most of the players know what other players get

So if player A has the same rating and media presence as player B. . .but Player B gets payed alot more. . .well player A might not be so happy with his contract
Sponsored Links
Old 12-12-2019, 05:54 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 15.7
Courses Played: 413
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 210 Times in 109 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolt View Post
They were not talking about them vs paul or Paige. . .more that the contracts are geting bigger and most of the players know what other players get

So if player A has the same rating and media presence as player B. . .but Player B gets payed alot more. . .well player A might not be so happy with his contract
I get that. My point was that there's only One Paul and one PP. Rating and media presence are great and everything. But It's what have you won. PP and Paul win. Simon is over 1000 rated but so is the majority of an MPO card on an NT or DGPT. Sexton is over 1000 rated. People love Sexton and Simon. No company is giving them Paul contracts though. We don't know the $ for Paige's contract compared to Paul's though yet. It's one thing to know what PP was getting at DD compared to what she's getting from Discraft. But basically all the other players need to take what they can get. With the exception of a very few elite level players. And those players probably have no leverage until they win something.

Niced: (1)
Old 12-12-2019, 06:12 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 8.8
Courses Played: 19
Niced 1,048 Times in 616 Posts

Quote:
And im sure Tina and Eric kind of knows what Paige had with DD and got with Discraft. Must feel hard if you are "stuck" in a bad contract and then you hear of all these great ones
Who do you think could be stuck with a contract that doesn't represent their potential market value? Are you saying Eric or Tina falls into that category?
Old 12-12-2019, 06:19 AM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscFifty View Post
Who do you think could be stuck with a contract that doesn't represent their potential market value? Are you saying Eric or Tina falls into that category?
Lets just say for argument sake that Someone like Simon sign a 3-5y deal that seems ok at the time.
Then Paul goes an sign a $250000 deal

Or if just after Paul had signed his $250000 deal...Ricky would have got a $500000 deal, would Paul be happy with his deal then?
Old 12-12-2019, 06:31 AM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
So anyone that signed a multiyear deal before 2017-2018 might have a "not so good deal" at the moment
As Rusco said, the price of the players has multiplied in just the last few years

Eric seamed fine with his contract
Old 12-12-2019, 06:39 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 8.8
Niced 1,048 Times in 616 Posts

Quote:
Lets just say for argument sake that Someone like Simon sign a 3-5y deal that seems ok at the time.
Then Paul goes an sign a $250000 deal

Or if just after Paul had signed his $250000 deal...Ricky would have got a $500000 deal, would Paul be happy with his deal then?
Oh for sure, I was just wondering other than a few people (like those you mentioned), who could even justify that thought process?

Old 12-12-2019, 07:12 AM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Oh for sure, I was just wondering other than a few people (like those you mentioned), who could even justify that thought process?
I think however you are, you can always find a player with similar Rating and "media presence" and compare what you get compared to them

No one compares to Paul and Paige and can NOT demand THAT kind of a contract. .

But im sure many pros look at what other pros get i wonder "why cant i get that?"
at the same time it must be difficult to "know your worth"

Lets take Henna Bloomros as an example. . she is the 3rd highest rated FPO player. . but she does not have a big win and she have not played that much on tour.
If she goes to Innova, whats her worth against lower rated Players on Innova s team that plays all the tour stops? Evelinna has a big win but i rated lower, do Henna get the same contract?

Simon vs Eagle .. . Eagle is the higher rated player and have more wins....but no one can touch Simons popularity. . .are both worth the same?
Old 12-12-2019, 10:35 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 6.1
Niced 1,252 Times in 721 Posts

In the end, it's not about ratings, it's about will sponsoring player x make the company the money back plus profits.

Ratings are over rated.

Old 12-12-2019, 10:50 AM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Ratings are over rated
Nice one i need that on a T-shirt

Old 12-12-2019, 10:50 AM

Courses Played: 23
Niced 32 Times in 14 Posts

My issue with DD is their branding. I don't take issue with their plastic, but everything about the company feels dorky. I could go on but that basically covers my 2 cents.