#31  
Old 12-13-2019, 02:55 PM
Nova P's Avatar
Nova P Nova P is offline
Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Courses Played: 73
Posts: 631
Niced 1,396 Times in 333 Posts
Default

Wendy's burgers would be all right if they had better buns. The ones they use are sad and squashed and greasy, and just bring the whole thing down.
Sponsored Links

Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 12-13-2019, 02:59 PM
SonicGuy's Avatar
SonicGuy SonicGuy is online now
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 1,882
Niced 591 Times in 314 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by juju View Post
Gross dude. You will have heart disease by age 35, if you even make it that long.
What are you some sort of Vegan whack job? That’s a healthy diet right there. Objective facts are apparently your enemy.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 12-13-2019, 03:01 PM
wolfmandragon's Avatar
wolfmandragon wolfmandragon is online now
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Morristown, TN
Years Playing: 6.1
Courses Played: 19
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 2,770
Niced 1,281 Times in 739 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by juju View Post
Gross dude. You will have heart disease by age 35, if you even make it that long.
Yeah, 35 grams of carbs exceeds one's daily limit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicGuy View Post
What are you some sort of Vegan whack job? That’s a healthy diet right there. Objective facts are apparently your enemy.
Too many carbs. Carbs mixed with fat is a recipe for health issues.

Fat + protein is excellent.
Carbs + protein is to be eaten with caution, but...

Fat + Carbs will create a firestorm of insulin and blood sugar issues... death coming a knocking

Niced: (1)

Last edited by wolfmandragon; 12-13-2019 at 03:06 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 12-13-2019, 03:05 PM
juju's Avatar
juju juju is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Years Playing: 22.8
Courses Played: 58
Throwing Style: LHBH
Posts: 1,555
Niced 54 Times in 23 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicGuy View Post
What are you some sort of Vegan whack job? That’s a healthy diet right there. Objective facts are apparently your enemy.
Haha, you think that is a healthy diet. How overweight are you honestly?
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 12-13-2019, 03:24 PM
brutalbrutus's Avatar
brutalbrutus brutalbrutus is online now
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: the nati
Years Playing: 9.5
Courses Played: 53
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 10,231
Niced 4,494 Times in 2,366 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nova P View Post
Wendy's burgers would be all right if they had better buns. The ones they use are sad and squashed and greasy, and just bring the whole thing down.
I still eat there a lot but they went down a notch after they changed the burger meat 10ish years ago.

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 12-13-2019, 03:36 PM
Moose33 Moose33 is offline
Salient/Yikun Groupie
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Atlanta, GA
Years Playing: 8.1
Courses Played: 74
Throwing Style: RHFH
Posts: 5,313
Niced 1,114 Times in 719 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nova P View Post
Wendy's burgers would be all right if they had better buns. The ones they use are sad and squashed and greasy, and just bring the whole thing down.
Too right, their buns are bunk. I love a good burger, and I don’t know if fast food standards have dropped or mine have raised but beyond the occasional Whopper(usually in a dark moment personally) I don’t get them that much anymore.

There are some food trucks in a few of the cities I frequent that are great though. In NC the Porterhouse burger truck has some of the be at I’ve ever had. And same price as a combo from most places.
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 12-13-2019, 03:47 PM
SonicGuy's Avatar
SonicGuy SonicGuy is online now
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 1,882
Niced 591 Times in 314 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfmandragon View Post
Yeah, 35 grams of carbs exceeds one's daily limit.



Too many carbs. Carbs mixed with fat is a recipe for health issues.

Fat + protein is excellent.
Carbs + protein is to be eaten with caution, but...

Fat + Carbs will create a firestorm of insulin and blood sugar issues... death coming a knocking
Is that a joke? 35g of sugar in a day is nothing. That is less than one CAN of soda.

Quote:
Originally Posted by juju View Post
Haha, you think that is a healthy diet. How overweight are you honestly?
I lose weight as I get out of shape. So overweight is a misnomer here, but currently I am below my ideal fitness level but perfectly healthy. I can tell you this, the macros in that 5 McDouble diet would be better than I eat now with home cooked meals. How about you, Vegan boy? Does the reflection of your skinny-fat muscle free body turn you on?
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 12-13-2019, 04:04 PM
juju's Avatar
juju juju is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Years Playing: 22.8
Courses Played: 58
Throwing Style: LHBH
Posts: 1,555
Niced 54 Times in 23 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicGuy View Post
I lose weight as I get out of shape. So overweight is a misnomer here, but currently I am below my ideal fitness level but perfectly healthy. I can tell you this, the macros in that 5 McDouble diet would be better than I eat now with home cooked meals. How about you, Vegan boy? Does the reflection of your skinny-fat muscle free body turn you on?
Hahaha, how do you manage to cook meals that are less healthy than McDonalds at home? Do you just eat tubs of lard and mounds of salt?
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 12-13-2019, 04:07 PM
SonicGuy's Avatar
SonicGuy SonicGuy is online now
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 1,882
Niced 591 Times in 314 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by juju View Post
Hahaha, how do you manage to cook meals that are less healthy than McDonalds at home? Do you just eat tubs of lard and mounds of salt?
If I posted the nutritional data above and said it was my diet sourced from Whole Foods, what would you say about it? People get so wrapped up in the marketing of health food that they forget food is a simple commodity. It all gets masticated and churned into the same base materials, GMOs and refined sugar be damned.
Reply With Quote
 

  #40  
Old 12-13-2019, 04:12 PM
juju's Avatar
juju juju is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Years Playing: 22.8
Courses Played: 58
Throwing Style: LHBH
Posts: 1,555
Niced 54 Times in 23 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicGuy View Post
If I posted the nutritional data above and said it was my diet sourced from Whole Foods, what would you say about it? People get so wrapped up in the marketing of health food that they forget food is a simple commodity. It all gets masticated and churned into the same base materials, GMOs and refined sugar be damned.
Baaaaaaahahaha, I'd say it looks unhealthy as ****. Dude, thanks for the fun today. Enjoy those McDoubles and the heart disease fam.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:26 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.