Old 01-24-2018, 12:13 AM
Eagle Member

Niced 112 Times in 72 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD86 View Post
My theory is that the Aviar3 was made for Paul McBeth, but proved to be not overstable enough. Ergo, the AviarX3 was created to be Innova's answer to the Harp. And you're probably right about the tweaking... they'll tweak it to get it to where McBeast wants it to be. Time will tell, especially if we see the AvX3 in McBeth's 2018 bag.
It was in his bag for the DGPT finale, he throw it on that short island hole

I want to see McPro aviarx3s and I want them to come out more OS like how bt hard harps are more OS than VIPs.
Sponsored Links
Old 01-24-2018, 12:14 AM
Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILUVSMGS18 View Post
I think they could get closer if they would just learn that beads are necessary for OS short range discs. A well integrated micro bead would probably be the best option, if only Paul liked beaded putters. I will still probably try one if I can get my hands on one locally.

Anybody know how these feel in a FH fan grip? I truly wish I could find a beadless and beaded version of a ThumbTrack putter that was at least as OS as a Rhyno.
Tank, panzer, pig all could be solid options for you if u have to have the thumbtrack, other wise the aviarx3 and mortar could be good options for you
Old 01-24-2018, 12:22 AM
Snowflake

Courses Played: 8
Niced 2,270 Times in 1,669 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgamache8 View Post
It was in his bag for the DGPT finale, he throw it on that short island hole

I want to see McPro aviarx3s and I want them to come out more OS like how bt hard harps are more OS than VIPs.
To clarify, that was an AviarX3 in his bag in the DGPT finale? Or an Aviar3?

Also, I would imagine the AvX3 will be coming out in other plastics, and hopefully McPro would be one of them. Gotta say I'm liking this mold in Star plastic, though...
Old 01-24-2018, 12:30 AM
Eagle Member

Quote:
To clarify, that was an AviarX3 in his bag in the DGPT finale? Or an Aviar3?

Also, I would imagine the AvX3 will be coming out in other plastics, and hopefully McPro would be one of them. Gotta say I'm liking this mold in Star plastic, though...
The aviarx3 was in his bag at the DGPT finale(it wasn’t said what the disc was, but if u slow down the video you can see the stamp. And it flies quite OS, so that makes sense)

I absolutely love this disc in Star also, but Idk if they’ll release it in many plastics. The Dx aviarx3s were disliked by a lot of ppl due to their lack of OS(they were more Aviar3ish). Innova doesn’t seem interested in putting out a production champion plastic putter. Pure speculation, but I think the only new pat is we’ll see released is for CFR discs(probably glow or luster) and maybe (I hope) a mcpro tour series run
Old 01-24-2018, 12:38 AM
Snowflake

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgamache8 View Post
The aviarx3 was in his bag at the DGPT finale(it wasn’t said what the disc was, but if u slow down the video you can see the stamp. And it flies quite OS, so that makes sense)

I absolutely love this disc in Star also, but Idk if they’ll release it in many plastics. The Dx aviarx3s were disliked by a lot of ppl due to their lack of OS(they were more Aviar3ish). Innova doesn’t seem interested in putting out a production champion plastic putter. Pure speculation, but I think the only new pat is we’ll see released is for CFR discs(probably glow or luster) and maybe (I hope) a mcpro tour series run
Thanks for the clarification. I was watching the "Champs v. Chumps" video, and Paul threw a disc that went overstable on him. Sexton called it an "Aviar3", but he might have meant to say AviarX3. It sure flew like an AvX3.

So hold out hope for a McPro AvX3 (I'd say to manifest one, but I'd get flak for that). It probably won't hurt to contact Innova and ask/beg/plead for McPro AvX3s, either. Most likely, they'll come out if McBeth wants 'em.

And yes, Champ putters seem to mold up a little differently than other plastics, so we don't see a ton of them from Innova, except special runs in the Proshop (I just made my wallet squeal and got a Champion Stud from there...)
Old 01-24-2018, 08:06 AM
Eagle Member

Quote:
Thanks for the clarification. I was watching the "Champs v. Chumps" video, and Paul threw a disc that went overstable on him. Sexton called it an "Aviar3", but he might have meant to say AviarX3. It sure flew like an AvX3.

So hold out hope for a McPro AvX3 (I'd say to manifest one, but I'd get flak for that). It probably won't hurt to contact Innova and ask/beg/plead for McPro AvX3s, either. Most likely, they'll come out if McBeth wants 'em.

And yes, Champ putters seem to mold up a little differently than other plastics, so we don't see a ton of them from Innova, except special runs in the Proshop (I just made my wallet squeal and got a Champion Stud from there...)
Paul was throwing a luster aviar3 in champs vs chumps. That was filmed back in spring though, and the luster aviar3 I believe was a masters cup players pack disc, so I think he was just trying it out. When this champs vs chumps was filmed, the aviarx3 hadn’t been released yet

Niced: (1)
Old 01-24-2018, 11:01 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 20.7
Courses Played: 76
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 179 Times in 111 Posts

Quote:
I truly wish I could find a beadless and beaded version of a ThumbTrack putter that was at least as OS as a Rhyno.
Get a Pig they’re beadless. Pigs are more overstable than any regular production plastic Rhyno.

Niced: (2)
Old 01-24-2018, 11:04 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 9.4
Courses Played: 44
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 667 Times in 389 Posts

Quote:
Anybody know how these feel in a FH fan grip? I truly wish I could find a beadless and beaded version of a ThumbTrack putter that was at least as OS as a Rhyno.
I came here to say PIG even though mgamache8 already beat me to the punch. They're more overstable than Rhynos and they're beadless and shallow and pretty comfortable in a forehand grip. The stiff Pro plastic from the Innova Factory Store is also really great baseline plastic that has nice grip and wears fairly slowly. I don't throw all that many forehands and Pigs have come in and out of my bag over the years, but when I really need to get out of trouble with a forehand, the Pig is my go to when it's in the bag.

Anyway, I'm curious to try out an AviarX3 and see how it compares to something like a Pig. I tried the Aviar3, but it didn't come close to knocking out the Pigs at the time.

Niced: (2)
Old 01-25-2018, 03:19 PM
Snowflake

Default After further review...

Wind was still strong for yesterday's round, but was much calmer today. So I threw the AviarX3 and Tournament Plastic (TP) Harp a lot during my round. The BT Hard Harp is a bit more brickish than the TP Harp and AvX3, and the BT Hard Harp skips less than the TP Harp. I left my BT Hard Harp at home today.

My AvX3 and TP Harp are virtually identical. On full power throws, they both went straight then faded, and the same distance. I'd find them a few feet apart almost every time.

On approaches, they did about the same. The AvX3 might skip a little bit more, but overall, not a lot of difference.

It may just come down to how they feel, if you prefer a bead (Harp) or not (AvX3), and which plastic(s) you like better. Or if you like Paul McBeth or Ricky Wysocki better. Both are excellent discs.

Old 01-25-2018, 03:30 PM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 2
Niced 551 Times in 355 Posts

Quote:
Wind was still strong for yesterday's round, but was much calmer today. So I threw the AviarX3 and Tournament Plastic (TP) Harp a lot during my round. The BT Hard Harp is a bit more brickish than the TP Harp and AvX3, and the BT Hard Harp skips less than the TP Harp. I left my BT Hard Harp at home today.

My AvX3 and TP Harp are virtually identical. On full power throws, they both went straight then faded, and the same distance. I'd find them a few feet apart almost every time.

On approaches, they did about the same. The AvX3 might skip a little bit more, but overall, not a lot of difference.

It may just come down to how they feel, if you prefer a bead (Harp) or not (AvX3), and which plastic(s) you like better. Or if you like Paul McBeth or Ricky Wysocki better. Both are excellent discs.
Excited to see Paul throwing these in 2018 - sounds like just what he was looking for based on the number of "OS" putters he's auditioned over the last year+. It's going to take a lot of throw ins and surgical approaches for Paul to come close to Ricky's use of the Harp.