Old 11-30-2017, 11:51 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 12.9
Courses Played: 104
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 317 Times in 140 Posts

Most of my rounds for the last two years have been one disc rounds. Most of those were played with only an Ion, the last 2 weeks I have been playing with just a Zephyr. The rounds I carried more discs were on courses that I haven't played before with water or nasty rough(I carry something I don't mind losing.)

I could shoot lower scores with more discs but I have just as much fun only throwing one. I really like it when I get to play through another group who all have bags full of discs and I out drive them with my putter.

Admittedly there are times when I wish I had a fairway driver.
Sponsored Links
Old 11-30-2017, 01:44 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 8.2
Courses Played: 89
Niced 42 Times in 25 Posts

Jonny Roberts dgc in Arvada, CO is a pitch and putt course that challenges players to a one putter round. I had never considered doing something like that but was pleasantly surprised to learn I could make pretty much the same score with my voodoo as I do using all my other discs and it gave me new found respect for putters as more than a short toss disc.
Old 12-01-2017, 03:47 PM

Years Playing: 2.6
Niced 2 Times in 2 Posts

I love one disc rounds (or 2 if I carry a mid/fairway and my putter). If I do carry only one it is normally my Ion or Pa4 putter. It's nice to have to shape shots, not carry around a bag and I am shocked like others how sneaky far my putters go on a good toss. I dont throw far in the first place but I can get my Ion out nearly as far as some of my mids.

I always play 1-2 disc if playing with my wife and kids. Makes things go faster and a lot more relaxed. Probably playing a 1 disc round with them this weekend!
Old 12-01-2017, 10:06 PM
* Ace Member *

Niced 21 Times in 17 Posts

I throw one discerd a ton as my local course is a pitch and putt. Depending on my mood and which Disc I want to dial in is what Disc I bring, almost all putter rounds. I have recently tried throwing leftyputter rounds too and I’m getting better each trip. I love one Disc rounds nothing to think about except making the Disc work for me.
Old 12-02-2017, 09:14 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 9.7
Courses Played: 98
Niced 232 Times in 124 Posts

I mostly do this when I travel for business. Throw in a dx roc and a glo Wizard and I'm set. All but the longest courses can be played successfully with just these. And the locals think I'm good or something and I let them believe it. It's still more fun to have the full bag with all the options though.
Old 12-03-2017, 10:26 AM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 2
Niced 347 Times in 239 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by art_vandelay View Post
I mostly do this when I travel for business. Throw in a dx roc and a glo Wizard and I'm set. All but the longest courses can be played successfully with just these. And the locals think I'm good or something and I let them believe it. It's still more fun to have the full bag with all the options though.
I recently started doing the same with a "travel bag". Last time I just carried a Pure and then Comet as my long driver. Sometimes just Pure, others just Comet, depending on what I feel like doing that day or course length.

Another thing I did last winter when no one else was on the course: I carried only an Envy and jogged the entire course. Great exercise and way to keep warm. I plan to do the same this year with Proxy and Relay in each hand... should be able to hit every shot with those two, FH and BH. (for those of you who actually have winters)
Old 12-03-2017, 03:33 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 14.3
Courses Played: 5
Niced 825 Times in 575 Posts

I sort of play one disc rounds... often I will play putter rounds but since I always have doubles in my putters I throw them both. Lately I will load the nutsac with 2 Envy's and 2 Proxy's and let them compete for best score.
Old 12-06-2017, 04:15 PM
Still a puppy

Years Playing: 4.7
Courses Played: 9
Throwing Style: RHFH
Niced 269 Times in 170 Posts

Nope, because if someone is behind me they would think I didn't know what I was doing, not to mention I have certain discs for different shots.

Niced: (1)
Old 12-06-2017, 04:22 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.5
Courses Played: 22
Niced 1,672 Times in 734 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dire Wolfy View Post
Nope, because if someone is behind me they would think I didn't know what I was doing, not to mention I have certain discs for different shots.
If you're playing a one disc round, ain't no one going to catch up to you.
And, nothing better than beating some one with a full bag of discs while you're throwing one. Yes, it happens.

Old 12-06-2017, 04:42 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 16.9
Courses Played: 56
Niced 50 Times in 29 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keller View Post
And, nothing better than beating some one with a full bag of discs while you're throwing one. Yes, it happens.
You can even beat yourself. Your previous scores that is. I just scored 5 under with a putter only at Sertoma Field dgc and have scored worse than that in the past with my full bag haha.

Niced: (1)