Old 01-31-2018, 04:24 PM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 4.5
Courses Played: 7
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 12 Times in 10 Posts
Default HPe 2018

Changed alot during the winter and figured this was a good way of keeping track on further changes as I like to test different ideas

P&A
Xt Nova - 166
Xt Nova - 175
Star Aviar3 - 175 (brand new, not tested yet)

MD
Champion Mako3 - 176 (brand new replacement)
Champion Roc3 - 171 (replaced lost beat to straight 180, testing weightdifferences)
Champion Roc3 - 177

FD
Champion Leopard3 - 168 (brand new replacement for lost 167)
Metal Flake Teebird3 - 170 (brand new, not tested yet)
Champion Thunderbird - 167
Champion Thunderbird - 175

DD
Champion Krait - 165
Champion Krait - 175 (brand new, not tested yet)
Sponsored Links
Old 02-01-2018, 07:02 AM
Bogey Member

Discs that have left the bag:

P-line P2: feels heavy, great in wind. Not very comfortable. P-line might be the most fragile plastic I've come across.
KC Pro Aviar: spits out and rolls away all the time
DX Classic Aviar: great disc, Nova flies similar and is more durable
DX Aviar PnA: didn't connect

DX Roc: a favorite, but doesn't stand up to the rocky courses. Will test cycling in future
KC Pro Roc: too slick
Ch Manta: was looking for a Leo3 in mid-range form but this had way too much fade
Ch RocX3: feels better in the hand than regular Roc3 but didn't need the extra stability, regular is more versatile
Lucid Verdict: same as RocX3

DX Teebird: too many stones and rocks
Ch Teebird: good disc, inconsistent plastic. Some are stiff and slick, some are grippy. Thundy covers most TB shots
Dx Thunderbird: nice dx mix, flat and os. Too hard treehits warped it beyond recognition
DX Firebird: first shot took a big chunk out of the rim, became great controldrover. THunderbird covers those shots
Ch faf Firebird: a mix of max weight Thunderbird and Destroyers covered most FB lines while beeing more versatile

Blizzard Destroyer: good for steep uphill shots in the woods, got too flippy from steep uhill shots in the woods. Cough and it's too much wind
Star Destroyer: needs alot of power, wanted to play more relaxed. Will probably come back in for summer
GStar Daedalus: found on the course. Nice distance FH disc. Didn't need it
Old 02-01-2018, 12:12 PM
Par Member

Courses Played: 1
Niced 12 Times in 11 Posts

My mids are Roc3's and Mako3's as well. Maybe you could add a lighter Mako3 in star plastic. In the mid to high 160's. I just did the same and im enjoying it. Max weight champion holds lines well and the lighter star has some turn to fill a little more understable slot.
Old 02-02-2018, 04:32 AM
Bogey Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trent B View Post
My mids are Roc3's and Mako3's as well. Maybe you could add a lighter Mako3 in star plastic. In the mid to high 160's. I just did the same and im enjoying it. Max weight champion holds lines well and the lighter star has some turn to fill a little more understable slot.
Thanks for the input
I am currently moving in the lighter direction with most parts of the bag as I want to focus less on power and more on placement and accuracy, and also find a more relaxed playstyle. Recently swithed out my max weight Mako3 for a 176 in an attempt to make it more effortless to get that late turning drive. I am however somewhat unsure about going too light on mids as I have a KC Roc 169 that feels way too light and the Ch Roc3 171 seems as it might be a little too light aswell. Strangely enough I have a Dx Roc at 171 that feels great so maybe it's plastic related. Never tried a Star Mid before so I'll definately put it on the list of things to test thanks
Old 02-02-2018, 04:51 AM
Bogey Member

Discs that have left the bag (updated)

P-line P2: feels heavy, great in wind. Not very comfortable. P-line might be the most fragile plastic I've come across.
KC Pro Aviar: spits out and rolls away all the time
DX Classic Aviar: great disc, Nova flies similar and is more durable
DX Aviar PnA: didn't connect
M-line Omega SS: the original Nova. Great disc but local stores stopped carrying Millennium
Zero Medium? Pure: found on the course. Nice FH putter. Black color is probably the reason someone lost it in the first place

DX Roc: a favorite, but doesn't stand up to the rocky courses. Will test cycling in future
KC Pro Roc: too slick
Ch Manta: was looking for a Leo3 in mid-range form but this had way too much fade
Ch RocX3: feels better in the hand than regular Roc3 but didn't need the extra stability, regular is more versatile
Lucid Verdict: same as RocX3
DX Shark: found on the course. Seemed to have been attacked by a dog. Couldn't compete with the dx Roc. Left on course for someone else to find
M-line Aurora MS: stable and straight. Mako3 flies similar in more durable plastic and easier to replace

DX Teebird: too many stones and rocks
Ch Teebird: good disc, inconsistent plastic. Some are stiff and slick, some are grippy. Thundy covers most TB shots
Dx Thunderbird: nice dx mix, flat and os. Too hard treehits warped it beyond recognition
DX Firebird: first shot took a big chunk out of the rim, became great controldrover. THunderbird covers those shots
Ch faf Firebird: a mix of max weight Thunderbird and Destroyers covered most FB lines while beeing more versatile
DX Gazelle: found on the course. Very old stamp so went in the nostalgia box
M-line Polaris LS: good turnover driver but never really clicked
M-line JLS: my first ever disc. Love it but don't want to lose it: nostalgia box
M-line EXP1: probably my all-time favorite driver. Went out of production?

Blizzard Destroyer: good for steep uphill shots in the woods, got too flippy from steep uhill shots in the woods. Cough and it's too much wind
Ch Destroyer: found on the course. Good utility disc based on throws from before I started using distance drivers. Gifted to friend
Star Destroyer: needs alot of power, wanted to play more relaxed. Will probably come back in for summer
GStar Daedalus: found on the course. Nice distance FH disc. Didn't need it
Opto Hex Raketen: found on the course before I used distance drivers. Didn't like the hex design. Left it on the course for someone else to find
Gold Bolt: found on the course. Dark green color is probably why someone lost it

Niced: (1)
Old 02-22-2018, 04:26 AM
Bogey Member

First round of the year, first ever snow-round. After ~ 4 months winter break.

XT Nova 166: drives, approaches
XT Nova 170: (new) putting. Unsure, compare to 175
Star Aviar3 175: (new) seems stable enough, not super in the hand, needs more testing
Champ Manta 176: very flat and thin, feels like a driver. Sometimes stable, sometimes understable. Nice FH grip
KC Pro Roc 169: surprisingly good. Dead straight and very far
GStar Daedalus 175: Plastic seems good for winterplay. Diddy is too understable for main driver. Might be ok as turnover

Easier to play in snow than expected
Old 02-22-2018, 08:40 AM
Bogey Member

2nd snowround. Wrong jacket.

Zero Medium Pure 176 : nice flat and straight putter, good grip
Star Aviar3 175: might be a bit stable for my liking, but got some good shots. Starting to get to know each other
Lucid Verdict 179 : feels great to hold, but not to throw. Great for short skip-shots. Nice FH grip
DX PFN Gazelle 174 : didn't get enough shots, seems straight. Prefer Teebird
Gold Bolt 171 : very slippery plastic. Not great in hand. Seems a little too sensitive for jackets and snow-covered tees, lots of turn and burn. When thrown correctly it goes far with a nice mid turn and fade at the end. Has potential if not for the uncomfortable feel

Old 04-20-2018, 01:55 PM
Bogey Member

Been testing alot of different discs with mostly good results, ended around even (+/-2) on most rounds.

Kastaplast K3 Reko 173 : fantastic putter. Feels great in hand and flies beautiful. Will be main putter for 2018.
K1 Glow 2017/K2 Berg : nice OS drivingputter. Pretty short with dumpy fade. Needs more testing.
K3 Kaxe 172: board flat with great feel. Overstable and definately fast for a mid. Will try breaking in to see what happens.
K1 Stl 175 : great plastic, Overstable, nice compliment to Thunderbids.
K1 Grym X 171 : superb feel. Flies great. Competing with embossed destroyers
Champ Mako3 176: has become my most used mid. Taken alot of shots from Leo3.
Metal Flake Teebird3: straighter than regular TB, an upgrade but probably not needed with thundys in the bag.
Champ thunderbird 167 (red/pink): surprisingly straight out of the box. Good disc
Champ Krat 165/170/175: lightweight have a poptop dome, heavier are flat and stiffer. Light one flies for days, good for extra easy distance
Pro Destroyer 175: furthest destroyer yet. Plastic feels good and close to star, Might not hold up to rocks as well.
Star Destroyer: embossed. Way more usefull than older PM. Competing with Grym X

Hoping to finalize bag soon