Old 06-23-2011, 11:10 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 12.7
Courses Played: 40
Niced 9 Times in 8 Posts

I never liked the buzz, however with a new breakthrough in my game, I'm thinking of tryin some again.

I don't see any shots I'm missin, just giving it a try.
Any tips to make the buzzez shine? I'm thinkin two barstamps, a 178 and a 172 z's.

I'm thinking my former low power gave me more fade the desired with the buzzz.
Sponsored Links
Old 06-23-2011, 11:14 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 9.5
Courses Played: 172
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 162 Times in 81 Posts
Send a message via AIM to New013

Never thrown the comet. Just picked up my first buzz and I love it. Very forgiving disc, can be thrown off plain and still go very straight. If you want something for straight drives or longer fairway shots I'd go with that. If you're looking for more of an approach disc and shot shaping I'd look elsewhere. I throw a mako; as the post above described the comet, the mako is slower and needs some height to work.
Old 06-23-2011, 11:22 PM
Maryland State PDGA Coordinator

Courses Played: 256
Niced 48 Times in 27 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by New013 View Post
Never thrown the comet. Just picked up my first buzz and I love it. Very forgiving disc, can be thrown off plain and still go very straight. If you want something for straight drives or longer fairway shots I'd go with that. If you're looking for more of an approach disc and shot shaping I'd look elsewhere. I throw a mako; as the post above described the comet, the mako is slower and needs some height to work.
Comet is nothing like the Mako. The Comet will hold any line you put on it, it is a very versitile disc.
Old 06-23-2011, 11:23 PM
Maryland State PDGA Coordinator

Courses Played: 256
Niced 48 Times in 27 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by craftsman View Post
I never liked the buzz, however with a new breakthrough in my game, I'm thinking of tryin some again.

I don't see any shots I'm missin, just giving it a try.
Any tips to make the buzzez shine? I'm thinkin two barstamps, a 178 and a 172 z's.

I'm thinking my former low power gave me more fade the desired with the buzzz.
If the Buzzz is too overstable, try a Meteor or Buzzz SS
Old 06-23-2011, 11:31 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 10.8
Courses Played: 8
Niced 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by New013 View Post
If you want something for straight drives or longer fairway shots I'd go with that. If you're looking for more of an approach disc and shot shaping I'd look elsewhere. I throw a mako; as the post above described the comet, the mako is slower and needs some height to work.
That's a good point, the Buzzz is almost more of a slow driver than what many people think of as a mid. At slow speeds, it can have a hefty fade on it.
A Comet takes less speed and more of a light touch to fly just right, whereas the Buzzz can easily overshoot your target from much closer than 150 ft. They take very different throws to get going.

I guess driving with a Buzzz and using a Comet for approaches could work out, but the Comet has some sneaky distance too. I think the Buzzz is just easier to judge in that department.
Old 06-23-2011, 11:39 PM

Years Playing: 9.4
Courses Played: 33
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

lost a new comet 3rd time throwing it! jst bad luck? could be bad throw! will stick with my buzzz & buzzz SS
Old 06-23-2011, 11:46 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 10.5
Courses Played: 18
Niced 1 Time in 1 Post

Since I've picked up the Comets, I haven't thrown my Buzzz much. If I need more stability than my Comet, I throw a Zone. If I want something to turn over I am throwing the Comet, or a Meteor. I could easily drop the Meteor from my mid range game, but I really use the Meteor more like a driver in the wooded private courses I play.

I don't completely understand the whole thing about "Comets" need height. I suppose if you are trying to air them out for max D, then yeah, but so does most things.

I think both discs could be good candidates for somebody looking to only carry one mold. With all this said, I also can understand somebody carrying both.
Old 06-23-2011, 11:53 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 9.8
Courses Played: 53
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

I carry both, but soon that will probably change. They do have some overlap, especially since my Z buzzz is just starting to beat in, except the buzzz goes a bit farther and is more OAT tolerant (but can still be turned over a lot).

I will probably be dropping the buzzz for the roc soon (unless I don't like it) and keeping the comet around until my roc beats in to its spot (which will take awhile).
Old 06-23-2011, 11:57 PM
*Super Moderator*

Years Playing: 25.1
Courses Played: 136
Niced 2,799 Times in 1,005 Posts

I've started giving this advice on picking a mid:

What do you love to throw? When you step up in the box, what do you want in your hand? Imagine what that disc looks like and feels like in your hand. Now, was the disc you were thinking about a driver? Throw a Buzzz. Was the disc you were thinking about a putter? Throw a Roc. Was the disc you were thinking about a mid? Throw that.

In this case you can substitute "Comet" for "Roc" and it still works.

Old 06-24-2011, 12:01 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 14.6
Courses Played: 89
Niced 43 Times in 29 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscGolfer947 View Post
I'm looking for a relatively stable mid-range disc ad I've come down to these two. Can I get a little help on my decision?
Most discrafters carry both. With the Buzz being slightly overstable and the comet being moderatly understable, they make a good combo. I would suggest the z buzz and x comet, so you have the right plastics for the jobs at hand.