Old 06-07-2019, 03:07 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 4
Courses Played: 15
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 93 Times in 48 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timthenchant3r View Post
My biggest N00b pet peeve: Me: "Hey I'm going to play from the long pad but you should play from the shorts." Them: "Nah, I'll just play from where you are playing from." If it was your second time playing ball golf would you play from the black tees? Ugh.
Maybe they want to feel like they aren't getting some type of a handicap and want to play properly off the same tees? What adult wants to play off the kiddie tees to begin with? Certainly no one I ever played with and I did not either when I first started.
Sponsored Links
Old 06-07-2019, 04:46 PM
Birdie Member

Niced 129 Times in 71 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaz58 View Post
Maybe they want to feel like they aren't getting some type of a handicap and want to play properly off the same tees? What adult wants to play off the kiddie tees to begin with? Certainly no one I ever played with and I did not either when I first started.
I agree. When I first started gettin serious about DG there was no way I’d swallow my pride and play from the shorts.. I wanted to be right with them, watch them throw, and figure out how to throw it just as far or farther than them, and I did. (Not that the point of discing is to be better than your opponent or anything!.. I learned quickly that it’s me vs. the course.)

Niced: (1)
Old 06-11-2019, 04:23 PM
Birdie Member

Niced 81 Times in 58 Posts

Noobs and their short tees.....we are not kids
Psh
Old 06-11-2019, 05:27 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 7.1
Courses Played: 105
Niced 100 Times in 64 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicGuy View Post
This isn't ball golf. All adults should throw longs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaz58 View Post
What adult wants to play off the kiddie tees to begin with? Certainly no one I ever played with and I did not either when I first started.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suspect View Post
Noobs and their short tees.....we are not kids
Psh
Bah!
1)Age &/or injury will catch up with you eventually, and then you'll either backoff your pride/bravado, or hurt yourself and cut short your playing.
2)Not all longs are better. Some are just longer...boringly, painfully, not challengingly (other than the distance) longer. Sometimes even unsafe, like one local course here where some of the longs result in crossing the fairway for another hole, and/or the long tee means throwing blind through areas where people are moving.

Old 06-11-2019, 05:49 PM

Niced 30 Times in 15 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauldst View Post
Bah!
1)Age &/or injury will catch up with you eventually, and then you'll either backoff your pride/bravado, or hurt yourself and cut short your playing.
2)Not all longs are better. Some are just longer...boringly, painfully, not challengingly (other than the distance) longer. Sometimes even unsafe, like one local course here where some of the longs result in crossing the fairway for another hole, and/or the long tee means throwing blind through areas where people are moving.

Agreed. Reading the quotes you referenced got me kind of annoyed. I never played a course yet that had the tee boxes marked "adult and kids" or "mens and womens". On on my local courses when they do Match Play tourneys or any tourney, the tee options are basically Pro or Am, Am being the shorter tees obviously.
Playing almost 2 yrs and being 46 now, I never heard anyone disparage playing shorter tees as "lesser than", it's only been about skill level/experience. Picking up the game in my mid 40's and getting to play no more than a few times a month? Yeah I'm playing the amateur tees..

Old 06-11-2019, 06:14 PM
Birdie Member

Niced 81 Times in 58 Posts

Mine was sarcasm 100%. I play shorts a lot since I like 2 rd days. I didn't mean to come off like that

And plus teenagers can beat me haha. Jealous but rooting for them.

Niced: (1)

Last edited by Suspect; 06-11-2019 at 06:15 PM. Reason: Na
Old 06-11-2019, 06:20 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 4
Courses Played: 15
Niced 93 Times in 48 Posts

Quote:
Bah!
I'm 61 with cancer and inherited coronary artery disease. So don't go preaching to me.
Old 06-11-2019, 08:02 PM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 34.8
Courses Played: 159
Niced 55 Times in 19 Posts
Default Better tee pads

Quote:
Bah!
I almost always play the short tees, for a variety of reasons, but the two biggest are that I don't have a big arm and many of the courses I play have concrete tee pads short (they were the original pads in most cases) and natural pads long (added long after the course opened). I'm almost always going to go with the better tee pad. BTW, I'm closer to 60 than 50. I'm in good shape and can play all day (and sometimes do), but I still don't have the arm for 700-foot holes. When my group played Selah, we played the short tees.

Old 06-11-2019, 10:23 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 36.1
Courses Played: 233
Niced 1,482 Times in 654 Posts

Things noobs say:

My Discraft Memorial Day Mystery Box sucked. I thought it was a chance for Discraft to give away all their really cool, great selling discs and baskets. I never imagined it was a marketing gig for Discraft to get rid of a bunch of stuff they had too much of or could not sell.

Old 06-12-2019, 07:55 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 2.4
Courses Played: 4
Niced 188 Times in 120 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ru4por View Post
Things noobs say:

My Discraft Memorial Day Mystery Box sucked. I thought it was a chance for Discraft to give away all their really cool, great selling discs and baskets. I never imagined it was a marketing gig for Discraft to get rid of a bunch of stuff they had too much of or could not sell.
I know right!
Sold 10 good Discs to afford the latest DM mystery box, I'll send a picture of my tears when there's no prototype Method in them. Jussi is a genius.