Old 09-20-2021, 03:54 PM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 31.4
Courses Played: 7
Throwing Style: RHFH
Niced 70 Times in 26 Posts
Cool Flyguy46 goes to Seattle

Hello all.

I am headed to Seattle the week of the October 18-22.y family and I will be exploring the city and surrounding area.

My 7 year old son and I want to try a few courses. He is starting out but has been taking strokes off his game.

If there is anyone interested in showing us around, hit me up. I also have my DGCR Travel Tag #222. I am not a great player bit it would be fun to play a Travel Tag round or two.

If you can't do a round with us, course suggestions are always acceptable.

Throw hard and have fun!
Sponsored Links
Old 09-20-2021, 06:49 PM
Double Eagle Member

Niced 1,805 Times in 745 Posts

The only one I’ve played is North SeaTac. Totally serviceable course imho.

Niced: (2)
Old 09-20-2021, 07:38 PM
Bogey Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by R-Ogre View Post
The only one I’ve played is North SeaTac. Totally serviceable course imho.
Sweet, thanks bud. I will check it out!

I appreciate it.
Old 09-20-2021, 08:47 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 25.5
Courses Played: 171
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 955 Times in 360 Posts

Seatac is a great 27 hole course in Seattle. Ralph Williamson Memorial DGC at Lakewood King County Park is only 6-7 minutes away from the Seatac course and is a bit more forgiving, and is 20 holes. White River is a good one, it's located in the suburb of Auburn. To the south is Fort Steilacoom, but it's gone from two 18's and a 9'er, to just one 18 hole course. The remaining course is a really good Pac NW wooded course.

If you want to venture a bit further out, the Kitsap Peninsula is an hour west from Seattle by ferry or car, and we have some great courses here. Bud Pell, N.A.D. Park, and Kitsap Fairgrounds are NW style courses. Horseshoe lake is two 18 hole courses that are pay to play on a beautiful ball golf course. Call first for a tee time, don't just show up, because ball golfers have priority.

I would try to show you around but I won't be available on your days. Any of those courses should show you a good time. I'm a Colorado guy, too, but I've been out here 18 years now.

Old 09-20-2021, 09:14 PM
Bogey Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffmonty View Post
Seatac is a great 27 hole course in Seattle. Ralph Williamson Memorial DGC at Lakewood King County Park is only 6-7 minutes away from the Seatac course and is a bit more forgiving, and is 20 holes. White River is a good one, it's located in the suburb of Auburn. To the south is Fort Steilacoom, but it's gone from two 18's and a 9'er, to just one 18 hole course. The remaining course is a really good Pac NW wooded course.

If you want to venture a bit further out, the Kitsap Peninsula is an hour west from Seattle by ferry or car, and we have some great courses here. Bud Pell, N.A.D. Park, and Kitsap Fairgrounds are NW style courses. Horseshoe lake is two 18 hole courses that are pay to play on a beautiful ball golf course. Call first for a tee time, don't just show up, because ball golfers have priority.

I would try to show you around but I won't be available on your days. Any of those courses should show you a good time. I'm a Colorado guy, too, but I've been out here 18 years now.
Awesome! Thank you, Ireally appreciate it! I will be looking into these courses while I am preparing for my trip out. I am super stoked to be getting out there.
Old 09-20-2021, 10:12 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyguy46 View Post
Awesome! Thank you, Ireally appreciate it! I will be looking into these courses while I am preparing for my trip out. I am super stoked to be getting out there.
Be prepared for some rain, the season should kick in before then. Shouldn't just rain non-stop, though. This past Friday, we actually just got our first measurable precipitation since June 13, but fall is in the air now, for sure. Have fun!

Niced: (1)
Old 09-21-2021, 11:49 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 18.2
Courses Played: 174
Niced 40 Times in 24 Posts

I agree with Jeff's suggestions. A couple other thoughts, SeaTac is the best course in the immediate Seattle area, but may be a bit long for a 7 year old (it is flat though at least). The peninsula golf is well worth a trip, especially the ferry ride back towards Seattle to finish out the day.

A couple other options for heading farther out, I recently had the opportunity to play the Evergreen State College course in Olympia, and was really pleasantly surprised by it. It's a very PNW type course, mostly wooded, flat, and a good mix of gettable and challenging holes.

About an hour to the north is Kayak Point, a huge 300 acre former ball golf course converted to DG. They have plans to have 5 courses eventually, but have 2 currently playable, mostly following the old golf fairways. They designate them as Red and Gold, but the Red is definitely more challenging than you'd typically associate (most holes are 400+). You can rent carts (highly advised if you choose to play the gold course) and while a lot of the holes are open, it's got a lot of elevation in play and some really pretty scenery. Plus they have a nice pro shop with snacks, beverages, and a good variety of discs. It's pay to play and tee times are advised, and be aware that they're only open W-Su.

Old 09-21-2021, 02:33 PM
* Ace Member *

Just to add to Tim's post, if you decide to try Kayak Point, they also have a 3rd pitch and putt course that is free to play and has very short holes, perfect for a 7 year old.