Old 08-11-2019, 01:37 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 12.8
Courses Played: 51
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 288 Times in 180 Posts

I think the verdict is more OS than the R3. R3 likely fits between the Truth and Verdict, though it’s not as comfortable in the hand, IMO. No experience with the MD4, but I believe it is likely similar to the verdict, but maybe a deeper feel.

But to the OP question, like others have said, a verdict is a great choice. I bag both as my only mids.
Sponsored Links
Old 08-11-2019, 01:40 PM
* Ace Member *

Niced 1,512 Times in 865 Posts

Great video about the Truth and Verdict

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h38CnrmxIy4
Old 08-12-2019, 01:13 AM
* Ace Member *

Niced 2,596 Times in 1,648 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tolexi View Post
How the verdict flies vs. MD4 or Roc3? I thought they are very similar
I haven't thrown an MD4. But Roc3 can vary from straight to quite OS. I have one OS Star Roc3 that I was bagging alongside my Verdict for a while, but the Verdict just took the shots from it in almost every situation. The Roc3 was a bit more HSS, but required a lot more height. The Verdict is faster and with more glide. The only shot I really preferred the Roc3 for was an OS mid shot downhill where you want it to sweep fade out at a certain point, the Roc3 ranges easier. As you know with Truths, the Verdict wants to go on speed so it's harder to pinpoint a downhill landing zone.

The Verdict skips more than the Roc3 on hard ground, no question there. If you throw low FH shots especially on harder ground, the Verdict will hover and forward glide/skip whereas the Roc3 will slow down a ton in comparison.

The best way I can describe the Verdict is as a speed 5 Teebird. Or imagine a Teebird flight with Truth feel/speed/glide.

Niced: (2)
Old 08-12-2019, 04:40 PM

Niced 4 Times in 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowplastic View Post
I haven't thrown an MD4. But Roc3 can vary from straight to quite OS. I have one OS Star Roc3 that I was bagging alongside my Verdict for a while, but the Verdict just took the shots from it in almost every situation. The Roc3 was a bit more HSS, but required a lot more height. The Verdict is faster and with more glide. The only shot I really preferred the Roc3 for was an OS mid shot downhill where you want it to sweep fade out at a certain point, the Roc3 ranges easier. As you know with Truths, the Verdict wants to go on speed so it's harder to pinpoint a downhill landing zone.

The Verdict skips more than the Roc3 on hard ground, no question there. If you throw low FH shots especially on harder ground, the Verdict will hover and forward glide/skip whereas the Roc3 will slow down a ton in comparison.

The best way I can describe the Verdict is as a speed 5 Teebird. Or imagine a Teebird flight with Truth feel/speed/glide.
If your post is true the Verdict is JUST what I am looking for. Teebird is the best driver ever made!

P1X | Rhyno | Jokeri | Emac Truth | TeeBird | PD | Destroyer

Niced: (1)
Old 08-12-2019, 05:40 PM
Par Member

Courses Played: 118
Niced 23 Times in 10 Posts

Verdict should be a good choice, but also check out an Emac Truth in the Prime plastic. They start off Very beefy.
Old 08-12-2019, 06:47 PM
* Ace Member *

Niced 2,596 Times in 1,648 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tolexi View Post
If your post is true the Verdict is JUST what I am looking for. Teebird is the best driver ever made!

P1X | Rhyno | Jokeri | Emac Truth | TeeBird | PD | Destroyer
Yeah if you go Verdict - Teebird - PD then you know the flights. And combine that with knowing how the Truth works, you'd learn that disc real fast.

It's not truly OS though, it's like a Teebird. So it'll ignore some wind and cut through, but at some point you have to throw a Firebird instead of a Teebird for example. But just like how a Truth is like an FD then the Verdict is the Teebird.
Old 08-13-2019, 12:49 PM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 20
Niced 600 Times in 440 Posts

Try a discmania MD4 - Its what I was looking for when trying to find a more OS Buzzz - its not super beef, juuuuust enough though.

Old 08-14-2019, 10:46 AM
Par Member

Years Playing: 10.5
Courses Played: 12
Niced 52 Times in 31 Posts

Lucid verdict for an identical feel with a healthy LSS fade at the end. Prime Verdict for more beef all around when new.