Old 06-14-2017, 01:29 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 14.6
Courses Played: 33
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 605 Times in 291 Posts

I just put a Wasp back in the bag and parked every hole I threw it on.

Why did I ever take it out?
Sponsored Links

Old 06-19-2017, 06:59 PM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 13
Niced 123 Times in 55 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorseymatt View Post
I've had a similar conundrum. Love how a fresh Z Buzzz flies -- just wish it could keep that stability it has over its first week or two of being in the bag. Tried the OS, but it's a meathook. Recently, I put a Lucid EMac Truth in the bag, and it's awesome so far, and seems to be exactly what I want. We'll see if it holds its stability, though!
Update: it didn't. I like the EMAC Truth, but it's already turning a bit on a flat throw and, and when thrown with slight anny, it's holding an anny for its whole flight instread of slowly fighting out. Feel like it's basically a Buzz after 2 weeks or whatever. The search continues....
Old 06-19-2017, 07:06 PM
I Don't Actually Disc Golf

Courses Played: 8
Niced 1,157 Times in 923 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorseymatt View Post
Update: it didn't. I like the EMAC Truth, but it's already turning a bit on a flat throw and, and when thrown with slight anny, it's holding an anny for its whole flight instread of slowly fighting out. Feel like it's basically a Buzz after 2 weeks or whatever. The search continues....
Trilogy discs, even the premium plastic ones, beat in faster than the equivalent Innova plastics. Innova Champion plastic is forever, or close to it, but Opto/Lucid beats in as fast as Star plastic. And Gold Line beats in even faster, like Innova pro.

Discraft's Titanium plastic, that my Buzzz is in, has been a very long lasting plastic, though my Buzzz has seasoned in a little bit over months of use.
Old 06-19-2017, 07:11 PM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 13
Niced 123 Times in 55 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD86 View Post
Trilogy discs, even the premium plastic ones, beat in faster than the equivalent Innova plastics. Innova Champion plastic is forever, or close to it, but Opto/Lucid beats in as fast as Star plastic. And Gold Line beats in even faster, like Innova pro.

Discraft's Titanium plastic, that my Buzzz is in, has been a very long lasting plastic, though my Buzzz has seasoned in a little bit over months of use.
I just wish I knew ahead of time whether the Buzzz I'm getting is going to start off stable or under stable. It can be pretty unpredictable. I got a z flx buzzz that was more understable out of the box than my z flx buzzz ss--which is my favorite disc and never loses its stability despite being thrown for hundreds of shots. The one ti buzzz I tried a few years ago was similarly understable out of the box.
Old 06-19-2017, 07:19 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 3.5
Courses Played: 158
Niced 420 Times in 297 Posts

I think Discraft must still be fiddling with their Z FLX stuff. I'm not at handling a disc and knowing how it will fly, but I've had good luck finding "stable" Z Buzzz's (and Big Z) as long as they're max weight. Good luck though. I can empathize with not liking the disc replacement or flight prediction process...

Maybe this has been mentioned already, but have you tried a Hornet? They might be harder to find in the future, but a Hornet after 2 weeks could be exactly where you like your fresh Z Buzzz to be, probably a bit longer.

Have you tried Wasps? Dogma says the bead helps discs keep their stability. Just curious.
Old 07-29-2017, 03:16 PM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 3
Niced 40 Times in 24 Posts

Bought one of these today, officially knocked Rocs out of the bag. The wasp might be discraft's best kept secret. Couple it with a comet and you have a whole lot of shot coverage.
Old 07-29-2017, 07:57 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 6.5
Courses Played: 16
Niced 129 Times in 91 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfair View Post
Bought one of these today, officially knocked Rocs out of the bag. The wasp might be discraft's best kept secret. Couple it with a comet and you have ALL OF THE shot coverage.
Ftfy.

Niced: (1)
Old 07-29-2017, 09:29 PM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 3
Niced 40 Times in 24 Posts
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodachrome View Post
Fixed That For You.
ftfy
Old 07-29-2017, 09:48 PM
Shun the frumious Bandersnatch!

Years Playing: 15.3
Courses Played: 25
Niced 435 Times in 370 Posts

Okay a disc that flies like an SS Buzz is the Impact yet the Impact being a driver yes a very low speed driver can be thrown with more power then a mid range comes in ESP only I think. Now before you hate the Impact people, the disc is so versatile yet so stable that if it is thrown on a light hyzer the disc will flip to fly straight. the Impact you have to be doing a max power drive to get it to do a slight s curve shot a gentle right to left.

Last edited by Casey 1988; 07-29-2017 at 09:52 PM.

Old 07-29-2017, 10:32 PM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 161
Niced 877 Times in 580 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey 1988 View Post
Okay a disc that flies like an SS Buzz is the Impact yet the Impact being a driver yes a very low speed driver can be thrown with more power then a mid range comes in ESP only I think. Now before you hate the Impact people, the disc is so versatile yet so stable that if it is thrown on a light hyzer the disc will flip to fly straight. the Impact you have to be doing a max power drive to get it to do a slight s curve shot a gentle right to left.
Well the meteor does that, and goes farther.

The point being the wasp and buzz rule the mid category.

Is a reason the meteor goes so far.

The impact isnt the hobbies "best kept secret"