Old 04-19-2013, 06:21 PM
Big Country

Years Playing: 26.7
Courses Played: 52
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 120 Times in 79 Posts

Just nailed my 2nd Ace of the year, 10th of my life at hole 8 on the Echo Valley/Ft. Wenty (get it?) Course in Frenchtown, MT. On a tone pole, no less. Kind of a crappy course, honestly. But 8 was my favorite hole. A sligpphtly downhill shot, through a buttload of trees into a tone pole. I was about 6 beers deep and decided instead of ripping my Jokeri that I'd gently float down my Prodigy M1. I threw it, barely missed the field goal trees, and watched it gently sail into the tone pole...first time my wife, father-in-law and best friend had seen me hit an Ace. I was so psyched!
Sponsored Links
Old 04-19-2013, 06:28 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5.6
Courses Played: 55
Niced 7 Times in 7 Posts

Way to go Andy. Great to have loved ones there to share it with.
Old 04-21-2013, 08:02 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 8.7
Courses Played: 26
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Got my second ace ever today on hole 6 at Wolf Pen Creek in College Station, Tx. Felt so good to no longer be a one hit wonder!
Old 04-21-2013, 08:26 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 9.4
Courses Played: 60
Niced 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyJB View Post
Just nailed my 2nd Ace of the year, 10th of my life at hole 8 on the Echo Valley/Ft. Wenty (get it?) Course in Frenchtown, MT. On a tone pole, no less. Kind of a crappy course, honestly. But 8 was my favorite hole. A sligpphtly downhill shot, through a buttload of trees into a tone pole. I was about 6 beers deep and decided instead of ripping my Jokeri that I'd gently float down my Prodigy M1. I threw it, barely missed the field goal trees, and watched it gently sail into the tone pole...first time my wife, father-in-law and best friend had seen me hit an Ace. I was so psyched!
Tone aces are so satisfying not only because of the sound but the purity. It either hits or it does not. There is no luck factor involved like with acing on baskets. Nice shot!
Old 04-22-2013, 07:44 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 10.6
Courses Played: 40
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Two First throw tourney aces on one card!!!

On Saturday 4/20/2013 at Morley Field during the annual Spring Fling, one of the most amazing things happened at the beginning of the event. We go to start our tourney round and the second guy on my card, Travis Cutler, aces on the very first hole we start at (hole 2). I'm 4th on the card, I throw my drive and also ace as well. Two aces on the same card on the first hole of a tournament! What are the odds!
Old 04-22-2013, 10:05 PM
Par Member

Courses Played: 15
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

I just got my very first ace of the year well actually ever on 4/19. It was cool we were playing a glow round at NAD Park one of our local courses, and I ended up nailing hole 10 from the red pad with my DX Glow Roc. Which happens to be one of my money discs during the day. Anywho I was super pumped especially being able to watch the disc hit a basket you can't se was amazing.
Old 04-23-2013, 04:29 PM
Bending Rodriguez

Years Playing: 12.7
Courses Played: 120
Niced 5 Times in 4 Posts
Send a message via AIM to B3NDER

Quote:
Originally Posted by patdb23 View Post
On Saturday 4/20/2013 at Morley Field during the annual Spring Fling, one of the most amazing things happened at the beginning of the event. We go to start our tourney round and the second guy on my card, Travis Cutler, aces on the very first hole we start at (hole 2). I'm 4th on the card, I throw my drive and also ace as well. Two aces on the same card on the first hole of a tournament! What are the odds!
Apparently the odds are 2 for 2?
Old 04-23-2013, 04:31 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5.7
Courses Played: 29
Niced 4 Times in 3 Posts

4/20/13
Eastway ACED Hole 17 with a QOLF!
Old 04-23-2013, 04:47 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 10.7
Courses Played: 292
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

I hit my 10th ace the other day with a Star Teebird I'd been trying out. First one I've ever hit by myself, and other than the quick burst of excitement that flooded over me, there really wasn't much else to it. Now that I've hit several of these things, I'm going to stop counting. Honestly, unless you do it in tournament play and get the ace pot dropped in your lap, they really aren't that big of a deal.

Old 04-26-2013, 01:56 AM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 132
Niced 17 Times in 9 Posts

Aced hole 14 at Acorn in Roseville MN last week with a Gateway Voodoo. No great feat. Anhyzer putter shot and likely one of the most aced holes in the twin cities.

Aced hole 6 at Golden Gate Park in San Francisco yesterday with a Vibram Lace. Wooded uphill 300 ft. Pretty cool ace. Second ace that I can remember getting at GGP (the other was hole 8 with an Orion LF in 2009). Busy course so both aces had lots of witnesses. Woohoo!
Closed Thread