Go Back   Disc Golf Course Review > General Disc Golf Discussions > General Disc Golf Chat

Old 11-04-2019, 06:19 PM
Par Member

Courses Played: 35
Niced 180 Times in 74 Posts

In the lake at Winthrop: a cool grey/green swirly Star Thunderbird with a pre-JK green glitter stamp. Name and phone number (at least) are on the underside of it.

A dude was wading in the water not 40 feet from where it went in - he couldn't find it right then. Or so he says...

I'd pay good money to get that thing back. It was a gift, first of all. Secondly, it was a very effective disc, just breaking in...
Sponsored Links
Old 11-05-2019, 10:11 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 16.5
Courses Played: 165
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 115 Times in 63 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discbee View Post
Lost a Monarch Champion I-dye at Hidden Diamonds in Albion Indiana. Stupid though because it fell out of my sons bag at some point. The bag tipped over as he put it on sloped ground and it must have slipped out. He had it in the bag that day and when we got home and were putting his bag away we noticed he was missing that disc. He was bummed but it made him realize he needs to be more careful and I need to keep a better eye out for him. We didn't have it marked and when we went back there the next day we didn't find it, so hopefully somebody is getting good use out of it!
When my Dad took me out to play golf, we always counted our clubs before we left, either on the last green, or before putting our bags in the car. That's a good time to find out if you left a club on the course.
So I do that now with my DG bag, count your discs before you leave the course!

Niced: (1)

Old 11-11-2019, 10:10 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 11.5
Courses Played: 46
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 11 Times in 11 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmay5 View Post
When my Dad took me out to play golf, we always counted our clubs before we left, either on the last green, or before putting our bags in the car. That's a good time to find out if you left a club on the course.
So I do that now with my DG bag, count your discs before you leave the course!
I'd be doing it far more often than that if i were you.

It's a lot easier to identify where you forgot a disc if you check your bag every few holes, instead of getting back to the car and having to go back through your entire round to try to figure out where you left one.

Depending on the course, realizing you left a disc on hole 9 when you finish hole 18 could involve LOTS of walking/frustration/getting lost, etc. Not to mention, the longer your disc is sitting there, the more likely it is some peckerhead will come by, find it, and stuff it in their own bag...