Old Today, 12:22 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 15.7
Courses Played: 150
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 237 Times in 96 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkgreen View Post
I've bought two pairs of Oboz, the Traverse Low models, and wore them in 2016 and 2017. They each lasted a full year of hiking and disc golfing. I'm going to order another pair this spring.

Wide and comfortable toe box and yet my foot doesn't slide around in them. The toe has a pretty beefy guard that does well with rolling and toe sliding if you have that in your disc golf throwing form. They dry out super fast and don't hold a lot of water if it is a wet round. I know some people like waterproof shoes, but I prefer a shoe that breathes well and this one certainly does. If you wear down the insoles you just have to email the Oboz company and they send you a new pair of insoles for free.

The only thing I will say against them is that parts of the lugs on the sides can start to chunk off a bit, but for the past two pairs that I've had, it doesn't really seem to affect the functionality of the shoe.

I've had 2 pairs of the Firebrand II Low and will continue to buy them unless I find something better. They are great for disc and also hold up well on workdays. I just picked up a pair of the Tamarack Low in the "Garage Sale" at REI for $60. They are pretty good but when they are worn out I will go back to the Firebrand II.
Sponsored Links