Old 09-21-2018, 05:23 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 9.5
Courses Played: 31
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 646 Times in 385 Posts

^ yup.
I've been using it to give kudos (as is Koling, in this instance at least). Thought it was funny, is all.
Sponsored Links

Niced: (1)
Old 09-21-2018, 05:33 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 11.7
Courses Played: 103
Niced 140 Times in 64 Posts

At some point the top level golfers will figure out that they are losing tournaments because they aren't calling other players for foot faults. Kristin Tattar was 5 strokes behind Hokom and Hokom had several obvious foot faults(at least on video) and many other questionable ones. That's enough penalty strokes that Tattar could have won. In some cases one or two foot fault calls is all it take to get a player to start playing poorly.
Old 09-21-2018, 05:44 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 20.9
Courses Played: 143
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 2,015 Times in 861 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocthecourse View Post
At some point the top level golfers will figure out that they are losing tournaments because they aren't calling other players for foot faults. Kristin Tattar was 5 strokes behind Hokom and Hokom had several obvious foot faults(at least on video) and many other questionable ones. That's enough penalty strokes that Tattar could have won. In some cases one or two foot fault calls is all it take to get a player to start playing poorly.
The problem with that is that no one wants to be known as the player who calls violations just so they can win.

I agree that faults need to be called more, and that calling faults will lead to changes in how players play their rounds, but the motivations have to be correct. I don't think viewing it in the light of "player X could have won if they'd just called player Y on their foot faults" is going to win anyone over.

Honestly, what would be better is if the winning player in that scenario would look at the video, realize they foot fault a lot, and make the necessary adjustments themselves so they aren't winning solely because they're getting away with something.
Old 09-21-2018, 06:34 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 11.7
Courses Played: 103
Niced 140 Times in 64 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC17393 View Post
I agree that faults need to be called more, and that calling faults will lead to changes in how players play their rounds, but the motivations have to be correct. I don't think viewing it in the light of "player X could have won if they'd just called player Y on their foot faults" is going to win anyone over.
I was just pointing out that it is something to consider. If the pros are willing to lose a tournament because they don't want to call a foot fault that is up to them.
Old 09-22-2018, 04:01 AM
Smelling the Shame

Years Playing: 7.7
Courses Played: 52
Niced 79 Times in 46 Posts

I think after situations like Barry Schultz calling out Nikko on a foot fault, and not only Nikko, turning into a situation where the person making the call is Villified. Anyone remember Climo and PB calling Scott Stokely Repeatedly on a foot fault? That didn't go over so well. Video footage makes everyone able to officiate from their computer chair and I'll bet that makes the Pro's much more hesitant to make a call, even when appropriate.

Old 09-24-2018, 06:07 AM
Bogey Member

Niced 20 Times in 15 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keller View Post
And what about this, at the 8:05 mark?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_vdHxyrkw8c&t=1116s
To be fair to Hokom; that forehand upshot referenced above was a dogleg right around a stand of trees. She was facing left along her flight line, not the line of play. The basket was well to the right. Her left foot was positioned properly not closer to the basket than her lie (her right foot).