Old 10-20-2019, 01:33 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 23.8
Courses Played: 156
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 645 Times in 270 Posts

I threw a personal best -14 on my home course yesterday, beating my previous best by one.
https://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=107

So fun to have one of those rounds where almost everything comes together at once. Now if only I could have done it last week during the tournament there. *sigh
Sponsored Links
Old 10-20-2019, 09:50 PM
Birdie Member

Niced 543 Times in 207 Posts

Hot garbage.
Old 01-11-2020, 05:00 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 13.3
Courses Played: 178
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 149 Times in 92 Posts

Round at Spring Valley flex start yesterday ended up right at my rating but felt like trash at the end. Started off pretty average but heated up big time in the middle with two big bonus birdies. Then proceeded to piss an easy 4-5 strokes away over the last three holes which included losing my go to throwing Warlock off a tree kick and into a murky stream on an errant 80' foot approach (-.-).
Old 01-12-2020, 08:55 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 11.7
Courses Played: 40
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 555 Times in 238 Posts

Played Richlands-Steed in Richlands, NC. Did okay, but wasn't trying to "score" as much as I need to get used to throwing off a tee on a line. One of the downfalls of too much field work on a soccer field is that hitting a line can be a challenge. So today was a good challenge and scored a bit above my expected rating, but left a few strokes out on the course.
Overall, very happy with my throwing and learning to be more consistent with it.
Old 01-13-2020, 11:25 AM

Years Playing: 3.8
Courses Played: 24
Niced 8 Times in 6 Posts

Played my best tags round to date yesterday and it felt great. Shot at least 5 strokes lower than my average for the course while playing a par 60 layout in some challenging winds. Parred a long par 3 I have never parred before and everything in my game for the most part clicked. I lost my card by a stroke as I found myself encountering a newish problem for me, letting the scores get inside my head. With about 5 holes left, the scorekeeper announced that I was tied with another guy for the lead it threw me for a loop on a couple of holes leading me to flub some upshots and putt too short due to nerves. I had a great chance to tie for a playoff but just did not make it happen. Had I not started to do calculations and thinking outside of my current throw I believe the round would have ended differently. I find these type of losses only encourage me to try harder, to focus more while playing, and to recognize these scenarios the next time I am in one so I can remain calm and stick to the game plan.
Old 01-13-2020, 11:49 AM
Par Member

Niced 64 Times in 44 Posts

Fairly certain I might have hit 400 feet for the first time on a drive this past Saturday. I didn’t think to measure it off with UDisc but next time I’m out on that course I’ll see how far it went. There’s a sidewalk that I can use for a reference so I know almost exactly where that drive landed. The hole is 427 feet and I’m guessing I was about twenty feet out for the birdie. Which of course I missed thanks to having some low hanging branches in my way.
Old 01-13-2020, 11:50 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 6.2
Courses Played: 19
Niced 1,345 Times in 776 Posts

Ever have a day where you think that your putter needed a Mortal Combat stamp of Johny Cage?

Yesterday was too pretty of a day to be passed off though; the rest of my game was good.

Old 01-13-2020, 06:06 PM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 25.8
Courses Played: 43
Throwing Style: RHFH
Niced 66 Times in 27 Posts

Played about as good and complete a round as I think I've played in the past year or so. Driving, approaching, and putting were just all there today, and when one phase faltered, another phase picked it up.

Golf course segment of Winter Dretzka (didn't have time for the top 9), ground covered in fresh snow, so that little bit of extra distance I had been getting on end of forehand ground skips was never going to be there, and on an 18 hole set with no shortage of distance, still went -8. A lot of it was putting 300'-ish drives on the money, but the putting was where that round really shined. Two of my birds and at least one par save were outer edge of C1 / inner edge of C2 putting, a range I'm usually...well...pretty crappy at, and I don't think I had even one miss inside of about 20 or 25 FT. Zero bogeys too!

The relative lack of wind was a huge plus, and helped big time, but I haven't felt that good about a round in a long time.