Old 05-23-2018, 12:27 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 11.2
Courses Played: 98
Niced 103 Times in 53 Posts

Deadwood DG at Cade Lake County Park and Campground opened this past Saturday in Sturgis with a Grand Opening tournament. 53 players helped to beat the course in. Veteran Baskets, cement pads long and short, scorecards in the camp store, discs and tshirts for sale too. A little wet in spots with the wet spring we've had. Longs are a good, tight challenge. Shorts are designed for beginners/campers and are short, but fun.
Sponsored Links
Old 05-23-2018, 06:52 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 6.8
Courses Played: 151
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 103 Times in 41 Posts
Default Mach 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by esdubya View Post
Interesting choice - the Mach 3. Don't get me wrong I love that basket but not the most cost effective choice for someone buying to donate.

If you feel like it, could you explain the motivation? This is coming from a guy who pushed for Mach 3s on my local course despite the hefty price tag.

To me they are an iconic design, available with powder-coating, super beefy to stand up to misuse and neglect, and make a beautiful sound when struck pure with a disc. They also strike a good balance in fairness of catching ability. Not as big of a sweet-spot as the newer Discatchers and Mach X, but better than the inexpensive targets. I need to know if others have the same fascination with these targets! lol
They were available, which was my only motivation! I got a great price on a quality basket.

Pamperin Park in Howard WI is getting 9 new holes, and an upgrade on all baskets. Couple friends of mine put me in touch with the right people, and the old Mach 3's are going to become Yoopers!

Niced: (2)

Old 05-23-2018, 10:13 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 13.2
Courses Played: 705
Niced 20 Times in 15 Posts

Good for Pamperin Is a beautiful park with much potential. Looking forward to throwing up there