Send a message via AIM to Natten

I my Star Dart forevs
Sponsored Links
Old 08-18-2012, 02:17 PM
Double Eagle Member

Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by throwfromthewoods View Post
It's great on short drives, approaches and spin putting. But it has almost no glide. Or fade, for that matter. If you don't give it enough rotation, it will just drop like a stone before it reaches the basket. Which is also good for stalling putts on tricky hills and such. It has a lot of uses, and that's why it's in my bag. But as a pure putting putter, it's not going to work well for a lot of people.
I agree. I used them for a couple of years and do think they're a decent disc especially for beginners or softer throws. Lots of utility and good uses for it. That said, I much prefer the XD for a similar shallow disc like this. If anyone's interested, I still have a nice green echostar Dart 8.5/10 that could use a loving home.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrotherDave View Post
Could not get used to the rim. Seemed really nose angle sensitive for a putter so it got dropped like a turd. They are fairly neat discs though.
Agreed there, too. They're certainly not very friendly to poor form, especially when given a little juice, but that's exactly what should be expected from a shallow 0,0 disc.
Old 08-19-2012, 06:27 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 2.7
Courses Played: 32
Niced 43 Times in 36 Posts

I have gone from a - dx 150 aviar p&a (my first) putter, to a pro-d 168 maganet, to a dx 174 XD (my current fav.) --- but I'm trying a R-pro 172 Dart
but the Dart hasnt won my affection from my XD ,yet
but I do like the R-Pro plastic better than the Dx plastic

if they made a R-Pro 175 XD I would be happy
Old 10-23-2012, 01:41 PM

Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

I took about a year hiatus from DG and when my cousin picked up the sport and wanted someone to play with I was in. Problem was, my old putter (wizard) had become my dogs long range exhaustion toy... since my local park only carried innova (and only carried the dart as a putter) thats what I got.

First week of light play I was hitting long range anhyser putts pretty frequently (more than I was used to at least). So I was loving the dart.

Now, 3 months into use, its gotten beat in and I rarely miss from the 10-15 foot range (which makes me very happy, and super confident in that range).

It could be all in my head, but the dart just feels right and I trust it if that makes sense. Just orded and echo star dart... very excieted.
Old 10-23-2012, 06:36 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 6.3
Courses Played: 227
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 29 Times in 16 Posts

I had a Star Dart that I used for all putts period. Sunday it fell to it's depths after I overshot a basket at Windwood church. I was money within 20' of the basket with it. I'm probably going to get a new Star Dart because it was that good, if anyone has any nice Star Darts 7-8/10ish I will give you a fair offer!
Old 10-30-2012, 05:32 PM

Years Playing: 6.4
Courses Played: 3
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

I definitely love mine. I have the R-pro and i use it for upshots and mid range putts because it just sticks and doesn't bounce away. Maybe my favorite disc in my bag.
Old 10-31-2012, 06:10 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 2.7
Courses Played: 32
Niced 43 Times in 36 Posts

Gave mine to my brother, he likes it
Now im going to try magics, so far so good, still like the xd
Old 10-31-2012, 08:03 AM
Par Member

Years Playing: 7.5
Courses Played: 8
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by McFer View Post
I would probably putt with a Dart if I had smaller hands, and it definitely is sneaky long when thrown.

But it lost its spot in the bag to MVP.

Started off with the Dart and liked it early on, but never reached that great level of confidence with it for actual putting. Came a time when I had to look at my putting game and make some changes. Tried quite a few popular putters before settling on the MVP Anode. The Anode feels much better in my hands and my confidence level reached a new high.

But that is why they make so many discs, just have to find the one that works for you regardless of name or manufacturer. Majority of my Star Darts were inked so I didnt think I could sell them, ended up giving most of them away. Fun to hand them out when you see families with kids out playing. Think I kept 2 for myself and stashed them away.
Old 12-09-2013, 02:17 PM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 5.1
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

I have an R-Pro Dart addiction. I only own two (one is fresh. too cold to go throw it. boo.), but it is hard to not buy more when I find my weight.

I love them for short approaches, but sometimes aim wrong and yell at them to turn. Which is dumb because they don't fade.

I think I am going to PIAS tonight to pick up a DX Dart if they have one in 175g. :thumbup:

Old 12-09-2013, 10:12 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 14.2
Courses Played: 37
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Give that dx a good once over before you buy it, I have owned many darts and all of the dx's have been extremely domey and feel quite different in the hand than a typical R-pro or star. BTW I like a good flat echo star the best followed by a flat regular star but carry neither