Old 06-20-2017, 10:36 PM
Bogey Member

Niced 13 Times in 7 Posts

Series is probably best. You can only digest so much at one time. If you go this route try to mention those times when it is critical to get this particular lesson down before moving on or you are wasting your time in the next lesson.
Sponsored Links
Old 06-26-2017, 01:11 PM
Par Member

Courses Played: 19
Niced 36 Times in 26 Posts

My initial reaction when seeing your outline was that it was too much for one video, and that you could do a good video on each of those topics. Go with the series shorter videos that still have great detail.
Old 06-26-2017, 01:23 PM
*Moderator*

Years Playing: 4.3
Courses Played: 24
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 95 Times in 35 Posts

Every time I've started down the path of doing an all inclusive video, I've lost the motivation because there's just so much to try to talk about, let alone cohesively (I ramble) and with good examples from multiple angles. I've end up making shorter drill oriented videos like these:

I like drills that are as self-correcting as possible, meaning that if I put myself into a position that has a noticeable failure response, it's clear as day that I did it wrong.

Massive props for attempting this - I am personally a fan of one video with "chapters" linked in the description that jump you into the right time.

Also, I think it's super important to discuss keeping your spine vertical (regardless of hyzer angle tilt) so the rotation of the upper body doesn't slosh backwards and then forward, collapsing through the brace.

Niced: (2)
Old 06-26-2017, 04:05 PM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 1
Niced 70 Times in 48 Posts

I also think that chapters/series would be good; my only suggestion/caveat might be to try not lose sight of the fact that it's all one throw. In other words, if breaking down two parts of the throw in two separate videos maybe demonstrate in each video how it ties into bigger picture by way of your complete throw so that those of us who overanalyze don't get too focused on one part and thereby lose sight of the big picture...
Old 06-26-2017, 05:49 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 7.2
Courses Played: 112
Niced 45 Times in 26 Posts

I'm DEFINITELY going to second the smaller series of videos. One of the biggest problems with internet videos is length. People often don't want to sit and watch a 15+ min video. Keep them short and concise. Personally, I'd say 1-2 min is the golden area.
Old 06-27-2017, 10:55 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 8.5
Courses Played: 122
Niced 349 Times in 234 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by knettles View Post
I'm DEFINITELY going to second the smaller series of videos. One of the biggest problems with internet videos is length. People often don't want to sit and watch a 15+ min video. Keep them short and concise. Personally, I'd say 1-2 min is the golden area.
I think that's a good call. I'm going to attempt to shoot an intro and grip video tomorrow, to start the series. Next I'll probably do footwork / body positioning.

Niced: (2)
Old 06-28-2017, 07:08 PM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 24
Niced 19 Times in 16 Posts

Ahh...I remember the DGR years. It's like a lost civilization that had better technology, only to be discovered by a lesser civilization. Thankfully, some good teaching and teachers have migrated over here and have helped out the masses. DGCR has gotten better with time.

Mike, as far as video goes, I recommend sticking to the format of shorter videos.
Old 06-30-2017, 11:27 AM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 29.1
Courses Played: 36
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 4 Times in 4 Posts

In addition to talking about and showing positions, speak to how it feels for you or what type of feeling we should shoot for.
Old 06-30-2017, 11:30 AM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 29.1
Courses Played: 36
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 4 Times in 4 Posts

Please

Old 07-06-2017, 11:42 AM

Courses Played: 1
Niced 1 Time in 1 Post

I would also be sure to mention the follow through. I always followed through, but it was what I would call mild. Once it was pointed out to me that my follow through should be hard enough that my rear shoulder comes through to the point where the outside of it ( think medial deltoid) is now facing the target I stated to get a much faster release.