Old 01-05-2020, 09:12 PM

Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Bag critique/ overlapping molds

Looking for a little help with my bag set up im about a year into discgolf and at the biginning bought way to many discs and feel it is startting to hinder my progression. Im 29 male and can reach about 320 on a max distance. i throw mainly RHBH and i know i need to work on my form to throw farther i think if i trim down some discs i think i can improve on my consistency and form my goal is to reach 400 by the end of the year

In the bag right now

Distance:
King tournement plastic 173g my max distance disc

Dystroyer. Philo 168g dont really throw it somtimes for forhand want to work up to it but mainly use it in field practice

CD3 s line 171g like it for straight throws that need more distance than my FD

Heat 172g Big Z use it for turnover shots or hyzerflips anything i want to go right

Anax. Esp 175g won this dosc have not thrown it much but seems to be a good headwind driver

Raptor z 174 meat hook disc

FD. 175g sline probably my best driver can hold so many lines and has awesome glide

Mids:

Buzzz os z 175g flicks mainly or head wind mid

Buzzz esp 175 use it for straight shots

Wombat3 champion 175g probably most used mmid hyzerflip or anything to go right

Putter/approach
Ringer gt jawbreaker 175g use as overstable and off the tee

Berg k3 174g same as ringer but it has way less glide so more of an aproach disc

And wizards 1 as my putting putter in hemp plastic and one as my driving putter in diamond
Sponsored Links
Old 01-05-2020, 10:15 PM
Par Member

Niced 71 Times in 49 Posts

That’s a lot of different molds. Not that there’s necessarily anything wrong with that but I’ve really streamlined the discs I carry and feel my game has improved.

You list seven different molds for distance. I carry four molds and feel confident I can cover most shots and most distances. I do carry multiples of some of those molds.

I used to bag multiple mids as well but finally found one that can can cover just about anything I would want to do with a mid. Dead straight, sweeping hyzers, turnovers, all with one disc.

My putt and approach game is covered by two molds. Putt with P2’s, have an S-line P2 for straight, slight hyzer, or turnover approaches and drives, and a Harp for predictability and reliability or stronger hyzers than I can get from the P2.

I think having an understable driver, a stable to over stable driver, a neutral fairway like your FD, a do-all mid, a couple of driving putters/approach discs, and a putting putter or two is all a person needs. Maybe throw in some sort of utility disc if you’re so inclined.

Also, if you want big distance, I would suggest giving the Latitude 64 Bolt a try. It’s understable and sometimes predicting where it will land is kind of a crap shoot but it will get big distance. I wouldn’t throw it in any kind of wind or on a tight fairway but if you have wide open space and plenty of room to land safely and just need distance the Bolt will bomb.
Old 01-05-2020, 10:27 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.9
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 377 Times in 240 Posts

I'd say for serious rounds you could pare it down to

CD3 - straight to fade distance shots
Heat - probably has the capacity to be your longest driver, Heats are sneaky long

Raptor - OS duties
FD - fairway work, I'd recommend picking up a second FD as your first one shows some wear and slotting it right in

Buzzz
Wombat3 - comet is another option right here, the disc is a classic for a reason.

Ringer gt
Berg
Wizards - grab more base wizards where you can. As the ringer breaks in you might be finding you can use that in spots where you'd be throwing the diamond wizard before. But you always can use more practice putters, make sure they're in a similar plastic and weight.

At 300ish feet you should be able to phase out the Buzzz OS and cover 99% of the shots you'd need it for with powering down the raptor or powering up the ringer.

Niced: (2)
Old 01-07-2020, 10:58 AM

Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Sweet i will give that setup a try thank you

Old 01-07-2020, 07:28 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.9
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 377 Times in 240 Posts

A regular Z Heat should be more stable if you enjoy that mold and the Big Z is a little too flippy to be reliable. If not some other options for lower speed large distance drivers would be
Saint
Escape
Roadrunner
Sidewinder
Mantis
Lighter weight Fission Tesla
H4v2