Old 07-05-2011, 02:35 PM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 3
Niced 43 Times in 25 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE GOV'NA View Post
mark also says u have to nose it up..im guessing blake is running hard at the chains and not nosing up..just my $.02
Quote:
Originally Posted by chickenonabun View Post
In those reviews, Mark says it has almost no glide and just drops, yet blake says it has a lot of glide. I guess people have different definitions on glide.

This is correct in a sense. Mark doesn't throw it with a lot of snap. A lot more swooping arm motion, and adds snap to get a little more distance. But not much snap. Because he wants it to go a small way and fall to the ground. You put more than just a little bit of snap and it will start sailing.
Sponsored Links
Old 07-05-2011, 02:40 PM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 3
Niced 43 Times in 25 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by nic777 View Post
Just read the review link, man that Ellis sure knows how to sell a disc, regretting giving mine away now.
yeah he can sell an f'in disc... he talked me into paying $20 for a Pro D Rattler I got from him the other weekend. "What are you talking about a bit much? I hand selected this one fresh off the production floor for you when I went and picked up some for myself. This is a good color, good flex, it's durable, good weight. This is the same run I have in my bag now because I wanted some new ones for myself. You'll have the sister disc to Mark Ellis's own Rattler..." walked away wondering what I had just done... and then I parked some upshots with it and shook my head...

Niced: (1)
Old 07-05-2011, 02:49 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 12.7
Courses Played: 40
Niced 9 Times in 8 Posts

Mikas & Glong, I notice you guys use magnets as well. What do the rattler do for you that the mag doesn't?

I use my magnet for driving short holes and upshots.
Old 07-05-2011, 03:39 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 9.7
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfair View Post
yeah he can sell an f'in disc... he talked me into paying $20 for a Pro D Rattler I got from him the other weekend. "What are you talking about a bit much? I hand selected this one fresh off the production floor for you when I went and picked up some for myself. This is a good color, good flex, it's durable, good weight. This is the same run I have in my bag now because I wanted some new ones for myself. You'll have the sister disc to Mark Ellis's own Rattler..." walked away wondering what I had just done... and then I parked some upshots with it and shook my head...
Dont feel bad. Considering his chosen career I would hope hes good at talking people into things. I will be honest though I would gladly pay him $20 to hand pick Rattlers for me. It took me a couple of months to find a replacement. The runs that I have felt have been on the stiff side. I prefer firm with a little give and an almost rubbery feel.
Old 07-05-2011, 05:29 PM
Eagle Member

Niced 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by craftsman View Post
Mikas & Glong, I notice you guys use magnets as well. What do the rattler do for you that the mag doesn't?

I use my magnet for driving short holes and upshots.
if you're referring to me as Mikas then I actually don't use rattlers, I had one in the bag as a joke for a while but realized it was actually a good disc, I took it out once I started using it seriously and realized it overlapped with my beat magnets I keep in the bag. It for sure covers different shots than a new magnet but the flight is very similar to super beat up ones.

I throw magnets on drives up to about 300-320 feet but usually won't use them on much over 280, the rattler also only reached out to about 250ish.
Old 07-05-2011, 07:30 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 11.7
Courses Played: 71
Niced 3 Times in 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by craftsman View Post
low power putts (because of the lie/stance), fast/sloped greens, slow annys, downhill putts/approaches....

I like throwing ultrastars and that's what it flies like. you can throw it hard, and it rarely goes more than 20' past the target. it is slow so it is forgiving. it won't start to turn fast out of your hand the way a beat putter will if you shank it a bit.
Old 07-06-2011, 06:38 PM
Par Member

Niced 5 Times in 3 Posts

Pulled out the Rattler & it brought back memories of hitting some long putts. And the ones i did'nt hit would drop close to the basket. The thing i most remember is it flying very strait! Also not as hard as i remember, some decent give. Who else thinks the rattler resembles the (see pic,Rattler on left) Super Puppy? Of course they're identical! BTW anyone know which was made first?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCF2242.jpg (47.0 KB, 72 views)
Old 07-10-2011, 12:29 AM

Courses Played: 5
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

I have carried a Rattler for the last two years and it saves me numerous strokes. Fast downhill runs that even a putter will skip long, putts outside my comfort zone, and slow turnovers in a short distance. Mine is pretty beaten up so it turns for me now and I really would love to carry another fresh one for that straight shot but I cannot put up my warlocks. The Rattler is pretty much useless in windy conditions and it does not take a hyzer well.
Old 07-11-2011, 12:59 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 10.6
Courses Played: 18
Niced 1 Time in 1 Post

Just bought a use Rattler for $3 at play it again! Looking forward to getting in the back yard with it after class.

Old 07-11-2011, 01:44 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 11.7
Courses Played: 34
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

I keep one in my bag along with a Voodoo and a couple of Wizards. The Rattler was my first putter and I'm on my 2nd one now. I find it great for those down hill death putts, it usually stays where it lands and I Love to slow straight path it keeps. If I really yank it, it will turn over. I never throw it over 50 -75ft.