Old 03-28-2012, 04:07 PM

Courses Played: 3
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Meeting with the city to discuss improvements

I just recently started started getting heavily into disc golf. (2 months) We have had a course since 2001. Now there are not tee post, signs, or anything really great about the course. As a player what do you appreciate most? Directions to holes, great tee pads, ect??? Does the city have money set aside for parks and rec like disc golf courses? Just needing some ideas and topics I can bring up.
Sponsored Links
Old 03-28-2012, 04:14 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 39.9
Courses Played: 95
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 1,186 Times in 462 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to Jay Dub

If you're going in to talk to the city have something to offer to assist them with the course. Such as volunteers, tee signs maybe or whatever else you and the group you're with can do. They'll listen to you a bit more if you're able to offer some help.

Good luck!
Old 03-28-2012, 04:19 PM

Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

I deff can get volunteers to help repaint and all that! Just wondering what is the most important to improve first. I doubt they buy concrete pads for the thing... Trying to find where I can buy tee pads or something. Anyone know of a site I can get quotes for that type of material?
Old 03-28-2012, 04:23 PM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 1
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Our club, the Minnesota Frisbee Association (or MFA), has a grant program in place where we offer $500 in grants to individuals working to improve courses. Of course, we need to work with the course owners, mostly Park & Rec boards, to support the initiatives. Last year I believe several courses had tee signage and various erosion improvements made with the grants. One of the very reason I love to support our local organizations, not some bureaucratic organization in GA that doesn't care about our local courses.

Old 03-28-2012, 04:37 PM

Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

That is cool... Well I am just trying to get ideas and prices... I don't know how they fund these things. I don't know if they want me to get sponsorships or if they have money set aside.