Old 09-25-2014, 10:52 AM
*Administrator*

Years Playing: 15.5
Courses Played: 349
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 388 Times in 134 Posts
Arrow DGA Giveaway - Last day!!

Day 4 is complete! It looks like sponsorship of holes or local clubs funding the holes through tournaments, etc. Check out the thread and no need to stop the conversation just because we're onto the next day! Sisyphus's post talking about engraved paver stones was a cool idea. I've seen it done at Lake Shore Park in Ashtabula, OH and even my local club was talking about doing it at one point but sadly the plans fell through.

For those unfamiliar with how the giveaway works, here's a link to the intro post.

So on with Day 5! The prizes today are a Tsunami Tee and a Proline Torrent!

What resources or product(s) would you like to see DGA come out with in the future?

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Day5-Tsunami-Tee-ProLine-Torrent.jpg (24.5 KB, 159 views)
Sponsored Links

Last edited by timg; 09-25-2014 at 10:55 AM.
Old 09-25-2014, 11:12 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 10.8
Courses Played: 67
Niced 41 Times in 17 Posts

DGA needs to come out with a cheaper tee sign. It's irritating to see a tee sign get vandalized or broken and never replaced because it costs too much.
Old 09-25-2014, 11:12 AM
**SuIciDe AnKles**

Years Playing: 6.4
Courses Played: 346
Niced 296 Times in 154 Posts

It would be cool if DGA had some sort of newbie friendly type tournament (a la the Ace Race/Trilogy Challenge/etc). I don't think many casual discers know squat about DGA products. Maybe if DGA discs could be folded into Ace Races, it would help to get the awareness out there.
Old 09-25-2014, 01:04 PM

Years Playing: 7.6
Courses Played: 53
Throwing Style: RHFH
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

I would like to see either a light weight disc bundle that could be sold to schools for disc golf in PE, or even have the school start a disc golf course like Buffalo Prairie Middle School in Buffalo, MO. It would be a great way to get people interested in Disc Golf and in DGA products. Maybe also providing custom stamps for tournaments, because my first disc (a dx roc) came from a tournament I went to, and because I didn't know a thing about disc golf, I checked out Innova Discs BECAUSE of the disc I recieved at the tournament. I know it is up to the Tournament Director if custom discs will be ordered, but having that option would be pretty sweet. Also keep coming up with shirt designs, they are all pretty awesome.
Old 09-25-2014, 01:15 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 7.5
Courses Played: 34
Throwing Style: RHFH
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts
I would love to see DGA come out with a solid starter disc kit. I've tried out a few starter sets and the discs are really really bad. The starter discs I've thrown(And the discs I've had a few newbies throw) just die in the air. My newbie friends got frustrated very quickly because the discs were so difficult to throw. One of my friends even quit after one round because he said the sport was "a waste of time". I would love to see a solid starter product on the shelves. The discs should be very easy to throw, so beginners don't get frustrated their first time. Now that would be a product that could turn "Maybe" disc Golfers into "Lifetime" disc golfers.
Old 09-25-2014, 01:21 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 15.5
Courses Played: 13
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

A Breaker with more Glide and less Fade!!!!!!
Old 09-25-2014, 01:24 PM
Michael Moore Fan Club President

Years Playing: 26.7
Courses Played: 47
Niced 1 Time in 1 Post

Another low profile putter would be awesome like the Breaker but slightly understable. Something with a shallow rim 1.2-1.4 and height 1.8-1.9 but beefy rim 1.0-1.1. That's what I'm looking for!

Edit- Guy above posts same thing same time!
Old 09-25-2014, 01:49 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 14.7
Courses Played: 50
Niced 4 Times in 3 Posts

I would like to see a DGA complex in the middle of the country where three to five courses would be built utilizing their different baskets past and present. Mabey a museum/clubhouse/store type of thing where all things DGA are offered. Clothing/plastic/targets ect. could be had at discounted prices. There could be pros there to offer instruction and tell stories of this game we all love. Mabey an area with computers where you could see course layouts and work out your own course and have some idea how much it might cost. Of course an area with driving range/greens to try out all the DGA plastic offerings before you buy.
This place could host an international tournament once a year and call it the DGA Open. People would come from far and wide to witness the best play on the best courses. And of course DGA TV would be hosting and televising using all the best video guys out there now.
Old 09-25-2014, 01:52 PM
Bogey Member

Courses Played: 10
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stardoggy View Post
It would be cool if DGA had some sort of newbie friendly type tournament (a la the Ace Race/Trilogy Challenge/etc). I don't think many casual discers know squat about DGA products. Maybe if DGA discs could be folded into Ace Races, it would help to get the awareness out there.
I am not entering the contest but this is an excellent idea. Something easy for TD to organize by just ordering the number of player packs needed and including the prizes like the Trilogy challenge.

Old 09-25-2014, 01:52 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5.4
Courses Played: 86
Niced 3 Times in 3 Posts

I would like to see dga come out with their rdga plastic in heavier weights. I had the opportunity to buy a large amount of it for the youth league. The plastic is awesome! It is like a grippy stiff innova pro plastic but better. Any of you who have tried the rdga plastic would agree. It is a grippy and medium stiff base plastic which would be great for putters! There base plastic formula bow, is not nearly as grippy and although I do consider it to be better than most base plastics it does not compare to the rdga plastic