#231  
Old 08-26-2017, 11:50 AM
RUSSELL's Avatar
RUSSELL RUSSELL is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: cincinnati
Years Playing: 38.5
Courses Played: 81
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 3,677
Niced 34 Times in 21 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by brutalbrutus View Post
They are supposed to put new tee signs in soon, renumbering the course 1-24. Not sure if that's when they will put the other baskets back in or not. Those guys out there did a TON of work getting that course in shape, so a week or two off would surprise me a bit.



I think if those first two trees on the left weren't there the hole would play much better. Or if they shifted the teepad a couple feet to the right... It's so hard to hit that gap with a backhand from the corner of the teepad.
the only time I 3'd this hole was with a Stratus: hyzered past those trees, flipped up flat, then glided soft left to right down to the base of the big tree near the bottom of the hill on the edge of the creek/wash that runs left to right to the creek in front of the green. lol, I 3'd 14 that same round(first and only time) and still shot around 80.
Sponsored Links
Reply With Quote
  #232  
Old 08-26-2017, 12:39 PM
brutalbrutus's Avatar
brutalbrutus brutalbrutus is online now
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: the nati
Years Playing: 8.3
Courses Played: 52
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 7,762
Niced 2,254 Times in 1,255 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RUSSELL View Post
the only time I 3'd this hole was with a Stratus: hyzered past those trees, flipped up flat, then glided soft left to right down to the base of the big tree near the bottom of the hill on the edge of the creek/wash that runs left to right to the creek in front of the green. lol, I 3'd 14 that same round(first and only time) and still shot around 80.
I don't think I've ever taken anything less than a 6 on long 14...
Reply With Quote
  #233  
Old 08-26-2017, 12:48 PM
elmexdela elmexdela is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Courses Played: 161
Posts: 6,570
Niced 946 Times in 624 Posts
Default

Im just not seeing how hole 14 is that difficult. It looks like a hole that would be at hidden lake in st augusta mn. Looks challenging but honestly just a respectable flick off the tee should set you up fine for a 3 or 4.
Reply With Quote
  #234  
Old 08-26-2017, 12:57 PM
brutalbrutus's Avatar
brutalbrutus brutalbrutus is online now
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: the nati
Years Playing: 8.3
Courses Played: 52
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 7,762
Niced 2,254 Times in 1,255 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by elmexdela View Post
Im just not seeing how hole 14 is that difficult. It looks like a hole that would be at hidden lake in st augusta mn. Looks challenging but honestly just a respectable flick off the tee should set you up fine for a 3 or 4.
Are you talking about tourney hole 14 or normal hole 14? The normal hole14(tourney15) which I was referring to, is just a bad hole for my game. Its a lot more uphill than it looks on camera. I cant throw a FH that far, that uphill, with any kind of consistency, and I tend to not throw my BH well off that tee either. For me its one of those holes everyone has where you're almost defeated before you even get to it. Its more of a mental thing...

The one time I remember pureing the first two shots, I had like 50ft left for a 3, hit the cage and rolled down the hill towards the short tee about 80ft, lol.

Last edited by brutalbrutus; 08-26-2017 at 01:01 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #235  
Old 08-26-2017, 01:02 PM
elmexdela elmexdela is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Courses Played: 161
Posts: 6,570
Niced 946 Times in 624 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by brutalbrutus View Post
Are you talking about tourney hole 14 or normal hole 14? The normal hole14(tourney15) which I was referring to, is just a bad hole for my game. Its a lot more uphill than it looks on camera. I cant throw a FH that far, that uphill, with any kind of consistency, and I tend to not throw my BH well off that tee either. For me its one of those holes everyone has where you're almost defeated before you even get to it. Its more of a mental thing...
Im just going off the video. Ive never played the course.

Should I be looking at 15 in the video?
Reply With Quote
  #236  
Old 08-26-2017, 01:04 PM
brutalbrutus's Avatar
brutalbrutus brutalbrutus is online now
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: the nati
Years Playing: 8.3
Courses Played: 52
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 7,762
Niced 2,254 Times in 1,255 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by elmexdela View Post
Im just going off the video. Ive never played the course.

Should I be looking at 15 in the video?
Yup it was 15 for the tourney. Man its rather annoying having to clarify which holes I've been talking about, lol. Been doing it for a week now, and in another couple weeks they're renumbering the entire course after hole 2...
Reply With Quote
  #237  
Old 08-26-2017, 01:08 PM
elmexdela elmexdela is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Courses Played: 161
Posts: 6,570
Niced 946 Times in 624 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by brutalbrutus View Post
Yup it was 15 for the tourney. Man its rather annoying having to clarify which holes I've been talking about, lol. Been doing it for a week now, and in another couple weeks they're renumbering the entire course after hole 2...
Haha I bet.

From the video..

14 looks harder for my playing style. 15 looks somewhat easy as long as you end up anywhere up on top of the hill. Of course video doesnt directly translate over to how it is when you actually play it.

You throw an insanity bh up the hill?
Reply With Quote
  #238  
Old 08-26-2017, 01:16 PM
brutalbrutus's Avatar
brutalbrutus brutalbrutus is online now
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: the nati
Years Playing: 8.3
Courses Played: 52
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 7,762
Niced 2,254 Times in 1,255 Posts
Default

I usually try to throw a bullet with my old crave. Whenever I try to flip something up there, I usually hit that big tree on the right side and wind up in the gulley or deep in the mess right. With the crave, as long as I start it off straight, will usually get me near the top of the hill on the left side, with a look to run towards the basket. If I get the right angle I will try to throw a 200ft flick in at the basket. Most of the time though I just play it safe and try to land just short of where the fairway pinches tight about 100ft short of the pin. Leaving a fairly simple turnover with a proxy. I very rarely get a good teeshot off though...
Reply With Quote
  #239  
Old 08-26-2017, 01:21 PM
elmexdela elmexdela is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Courses Played: 161
Posts: 6,570
Niced 946 Times in 624 Posts
Default

How far uphill is it?

Any one ever go putter to putter to putter for the 3?
Reply With Quote
 

  #240  
Old 08-26-2017, 01:26 PM
brutalbrutus's Avatar
brutalbrutus brutalbrutus is online now
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: the nati
Years Playing: 8.3
Courses Played: 52
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 7,762
Niced 2,254 Times in 1,255 Posts
Default

Course info says the hole is 477ft. I would say probably at least 250-275 to the top of the hill. But it plays more like 350 probably. Just a guess but i'd say at least 35ft of elevation change.

I'm sure its been done before. Mcbeth, in the final round, hit the band for 2 going roc/roc.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
HOD 7/11/13: Idlewild in Burlington, KY dusty5150 Hole of the Day 52 04-08-2014 01:27 PM
HOD 08/25/13; Idlewild #18 in Burlington, KY notapro Hole of the Day 56 09-07-2013 12:03 AM
HOD 3/12/12: Idlewild in Burlington, KY BogeyNoMore Hole of the Day 57 03-28-2012 01:16 AM
Idlewild - Burlington, KY jace Disc Golf Courses 88 07-17-2010 07:04 PM
Idlewild - Burlington, KY Dave242 Disc Golf Courses 3 08-13-2007 12:06 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:23 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.