Old 08-12-2019, 01:17 PM

Courses Played: 21
Niced 19 Times in 11 Posts

Anyone notice the grass colored ax4 top is made of a different type of material than the other colors?
Sponsored Links
Old 08-12-2019, 10:16 PM
Bogey Member

Niced 94 Times in 41 Posts

AX4 review: https://youtu.be/mfuqEEL22MI

Old 08-13-2019, 05:49 AM
* Ace Member *

Niced 1,517 Times in 867 Posts

Really like your stile of review

Looks like a few steps forward and a few steps back vs the AX15

That front pocket on the AX15 is the thing i miss the most on the Octothorpe. . so odd that they changed that pocket
The "double zipper flap" on the AX15 was really frustrating, but the new design on the AX4 don΄t really look that great either

Niced: (1)
Old 08-13-2019, 09:28 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 21.4
Courses Played: 117
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 35 Times in 22 Posts

Doth...

The one thing I don't think you mentioned in the video, was whether you feel this bag is a value at $230?

What's your thoughts on the quality and features of the bag at this price point?
Old 08-13-2019, 09:54 PM
Bogey Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshuajames View Post
Doth...

The one thing I don't think you mentioned in the video, was whether you feel this bag is a value at $230?

What's your thoughts on the quality and features of the bag at this price point?
For the bag and rain fly I paid $257.
I think it is an excellent value at this price.
There are not many bags right at this price point to compare against, and only 2 that I have owned and tested. Those 2 being the Gorilla Boy Simian and the Pound Carlton.
So if we are talking value compared to bags at the same price point then I think the Grip AX4 is the best value of these 3.
The Carlton is more comfortable on the back, the Simian is an amazing comfortable seat, the AX4 is the best overall layout and design for good usable item storage and simple straightforward disc storage.
The Simian and Carlton a very unique in their design and they will have a well deserved following because of this uniqueness. The AX4 is a workhorse that does it all(not a great seat) and is now more comfortable than before.
The grip bags remain the easiest to recommend to the average player.
If they go on sale and get closer to $200 then its an insane value.

What bag is better in almost every way? The Octothorpe. Its an extra $50 to $150 over the AX4 so I cant really include it in the same value comparison but the Octo is NICE!

Hope this helps

Old 08-17-2019, 08:59 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 15.5
Courses Played: 32
Niced 568 Times in 347 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by doth_savek View Post
What bag is better in almost every way? The Octothorpe. Its an extra $50 to $150 over the AX4 so I cant really include it in the same value comparison but the Octo is NICE!

Hope this helps
I believe you but their website is concerning saying they only put out just handfuls at a time. I understand it's a small company.

Since I realized I'm not a cart person & need to carry more discs for tournaments I think the new BX2 is probably my best bet. Upgrading from the last generation C series.

I don't think I'd even sell the C Series because it's such a good bag beyond golf too. Putting practice days with the dog (+ dog stuff) or hiking.
Old 08-17-2019, 09:27 AM
Bogey Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stable View Post
I believe you but their website is concerning saying they only put out just handfuls at a time. I understand it's a small company.

Since I realized I'm not a cart person & need to carry more discs for tournaments I think the new BX2 is probably my best bet. Upgrading from the last generation C series.

I don't think I'd even sell the C Series because it's such a good bag beyond golf too. Putting practice days with the dog (+ dog stuff) or hiking.

If you are thinking of keeping the C bag so that you have the best of both worlds then I would recommend taking a serious look at the AX4. I guess that all depends how many discs you might want to carry in the future on those tournament rounds. The best thing about the BX2 size is that it can do it all, but if you already own the small end of the spectrum then maybe you want to go big so you really get the best of both worlds between those two bags. I love the C+AX combo.

Old 08-17-2019, 03:49 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 8.8
Courses Played: 27
Niced 2 Times in 2 Posts

Just got a sand cs2 and I really love it. The new straps are really comfy and I like the new use of the side storage/drink carrier. I can hold 12 in the main compartment 5 mids 6 drivers 1 putter and then 3 putters up top with 2 sticking out.
Old 08-18-2019, 04:54 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 13.8
Courses Played: 43
Niced 35 Times in 16 Posts

Sold my AX3 to pick up a BX2. I’m a bit disappointed in some of the upgrades. I can see why they changed some of the padding and definitely think a lot of people will be happy with the changes, but the straps don’t feel as comfortable to me.

I’ll be selling the BX2. Hasn’t seen a course. If anyone is interested in grabbing one that can still be registered in your name, let me know.

Old 08-18-2019, 05:09 PM
* Ace Member *

Niced 1,517 Times in 867 Posts

Paul΄s AX4 looked crowded at Worlds, will we see a McBeth line of larger Grip bags

Attached Images
File Type: jpg AX4.jpg (144.4 KB, 182 views)