#91  
Old 06-09-2019, 09:58 AM
Jay Dub's Avatar
Jay Dub Jay Dub is online now
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: SW Ohio
Years Playing: 39.6
Courses Played: 95
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 4,852
Niced 886 Times in 340 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to Jay Dub
Default

I recently bought a Star Cobra from the factory store. They still have some.

https://proshop.innovadiscs.com/fact...tar-cobra.html
Sponsored Links

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
  #92  
Old 06-09-2019, 05:10 PM
disctildeath disctildeath is offline
Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Hudson, NC
Years Playing: 12.5
Courses Played: 10
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 589
Niced 46 Times in 26 Posts
Default

Check out the Gateway Mystic, has the same top as the Element with a beadless bottom, and for me Elements fly like shallower faster Comets.
Reply With Quote
  #93  
Old 06-09-2019, 09:19 PM
CrowLegs's Avatar
CrowLegs CrowLegs is offline
Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Columbus, OH-IO
Years Playing: 7.6
Courses Played: 110
Throwing Style: LHBH
Posts: 648
Niced 123 Times in 77 Posts
Default

Has anyone talked about the Sol? I don’t think it has a bead, and it sure seems to have the Comet Glide...


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #94  
Old 06-09-2019, 10:13 PM
7ontheline's Avatar
7ontheline 7ontheline is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Midtown Memphis, TN
Years Playing: 9.1
Courses Played: 59
Posts: 1,213
Niced 136 Times in 79 Posts
Default

casey take a break, this thread is three years old and you're wrong multiple times... again.

Reply With Quote
  #95  
Old 06-09-2019, 10:24 PM
mshelton's Avatar
mshelton mshelton is offline
Birdie Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Richmond, VA
Years Playing: 17.5
Courses Played: 82
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 304
Niced 173 Times in 81 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowLegs View Post
Has anyone talked about the Sol? I don’t think it has a bead, and it sure seems to have the Comet Glide...


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
True, the Z production run seems to be less power hungry than the Comet for me if that makes any sense.

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
  #96  
Old 06-09-2019, 10:43 PM
Casey 1988 Casey 1988 is offline
Shun the frumious Bandersnatch!
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Pierre, South Dakota, USA
Years Playing: 16.3
Courses Played: 25
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 4,465
Niced 740 Times in 632 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7ontheline View Post
casey take a break, this thread is three years old and you're wrong multiple times... again.
The Stingray is the Comet equivalent in the same midrange speed that is without a bead. However not having a bead at that level of US means the Stingray will not hold up to wind. However I seem to be only finding for now the Stingray in DX.
Reply With Quote
  #97  
Old 06-09-2019, 10:48 PM
VictorB's Avatar
VictorB VictorB is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Madison, WI
Years Playing: 14.2
Courses Played: 91
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 3,834
Niced 1,083 Times in 542 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey 1988 View Post
The Stingray is the Comet equivalent in the same midrange speed that is without a bead. However not having a bead at that level of US means the Stingray will not hold up to wind. However I seem to be only finding for now the Stingray in DX.
No, stingrays are way flipper than comets, especially in dx
Reply With Quote
  #98  
Old 06-09-2019, 10:52 PM
Jay Dub's Avatar
Jay Dub Jay Dub is online now
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: SW Ohio
Years Playing: 39.6
Courses Played: 95
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 4,852
Niced 886 Times in 340 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to Jay Dub
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey 1988 View Post
The Stingray is the Comet equivalent in the same midrange speed that is without a bead. However not having a bead at that level of US means the Stingray will not hold up to wind. However I seem to be only finding for now the Stingray in DX.
Here are some Stingrays in Star plastic.

https://proshop.innovadiscs.com/fact...-stingray.html
Reply With Quote
  #99  
Old 06-09-2019, 10:57 PM
Casey 1988 Casey 1988 is offline
Shun the frumious Bandersnatch!
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Pierre, South Dakota, USA
Years Playing: 16.3
Courses Played: 25
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 4,465
Niced 740 Times in 632 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Dub View Post
Here are some Stingrays in Star plastic.

https://proshop.innovadiscs.com/fact...-stingray.html
That is the only place to find Star Stingray right now. Though can find in production runs for the Star plastic the very light weights under 169 grams, as all the production run has stopped and Innova factories and Dave have not yet decided to make the Star version a limited run.

Last edited by Casey 1988; 06-09-2019 at 11:01 PM.
Reply With Quote
 

  #100  
Old 06-10-2019, 08:52 AM
mshelton's Avatar
mshelton mshelton is offline
Birdie Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Richmond, VA
Years Playing: 17.5
Courses Played: 82
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 304
Niced 173 Times in 81 Posts
Default

I found the Star Stingrays to be quite a bit more stable than the DX runs, for me they were a different disc.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Comet and truths? Or comet and aftershocks? lines Discs 15 09-05-2018 10:21 PM
DGLO COMET THROWER OR RON RUSSELL SPARKLE COMET BirdmanCR The Marketplace 10 04-02-2013 09:43 AM
Beadless Aviars? GRidge Discs 18 03-04-2013 10:22 AM
bead and beadless? underpar24 Discs 19 05-19-2010 09:37 PM
Beadless in Seattle DiscChainBasket18 Discs 5 11-14-2008 06:17 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:29 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.